6. O Sullivan
7. Mccaffrey
8. Fenton
9. McCauley
10. McManaman
11. Kilkenny
12. Connolly
13. Mannion
14. Rock (if he's not scoring the frees then he shouldn't be playing not doing enough from play)
15. Costello or O Callaghan"
Count that team ... a new plan perhaps .... Pub or Bed.................

Heffo (Dublin) - Posts: 61 - 10/04/2017 11:41:45    1977867

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "Yeah I said "am I the only one who couldn't see us losing"

Your also the man who said lowdnes is better than mccaffrey

Sometimes we get it wrong that's life. I still think come summer when everyone's fit and we pick the right team will win Sam. That's my opinion"
CKD
Read my post your wrong yet again , I said they offer DIFFERENT QUALITIES , I said McCaffrey is the better attacking defender , do you get it now .at no stage did I say Lowndes was a better player , your recollections are as good as Brollys .
Also I stated that no one on here was predicting a Kerry win in other words you have a lot of good company , I used your quote as subject matter for a larger point , but hey if you didn't get it first time round.

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 10/04/2017 12:03:20    1977880

Link

Replying To Heffo:  "Count that team ... a new plan perhaps .... Pub or Bed................."
Haha I put up James in a post after but it's since been taken down. Liam Scully is not really yet and I don't know if he'll ever will be.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 10/04/2017 12:06:00    1977882

Link

Damothedub
That's a trait of clondalkin to take what you actually say and twist it into something different.
I agree with you about needing players playing from 1st minute and not looking for impact players.
this has been a trait throughout the league waiting until last 15-20 minutes to peform.
why management have been setting stall out like this is strange but I hope there was a reason Gavin is holding back on. I have been one calling for change in midfield regarding McCauley during 2014-2016 that he wasnt doing it like he had been, that change came in last year's final and it clearly worked, but I feel McCauley has done very well in the games he has played this year and hasn't been given his chance to start for what ever reason. I here people saying brogan too old and lacking pace nowadays but brogan never had pace he has the football brain to gain a yard here and there, he done that again yesterday if you watch his movement, he done that a in clones last week too with the difference being last week he was given the proper ball whereas yesterday the ball going in was 4-5 feet above his head, it was a tragedy that the one perfect ball he got he was in a one on one scenario coming out for it on the 21line and had his legs taken from behind at a time when we needed a score badly and no free given and there was possibly a goal on.
I think Gavin was honest yesterday in his interview about making wrong calls but it's this time of year he needs to find these things out unlike 2014 when it happened to late in the summer.

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 10/04/2017 14:17:24    1977985

Link

Replying To hill16no1man:  "Damothedub
That's a trait of clondalkin to take what you actually say and twist it into something different.
I agree with you about needing players playing from 1st minute and not looking for impact players.
this has been a trait throughout the league waiting until last 15-20 minutes to peform.
why management have been setting stall out like this is strange but I hope there was a reason Gavin is holding back on. I have been one calling for change in midfield regarding McCauley during 2014-2016 that he wasnt doing it like he had been, that change came in last year's final and it clearly worked, but I feel McCauley has done very well in the games he has played this year and hasn't been given his chance to start for what ever reason. I here people saying brogan too old and lacking pace nowadays but brogan never had pace he has the football brain to gain a yard here and there, he done that again yesterday if you watch his movement, he done that a in clones last week too with the difference being last week he was given the proper ball whereas yesterday the ball going in was 4-5 feet above his head, it was a tragedy that the one perfect ball he got he was in a one on one scenario coming out for it on the 21line and had his legs taken from behind at a time when we needed a score badly and no free given and there was possibly a goal on.
I think Gavin was honest yesterday in his interview about making wrong calls but it's this time of year he needs to find these things out unlike 2014 when it happened to late in the summer."
Agree Brogan and pace , I've posted there are savage miles in the team that's posted as a collective , the supply into a forward line can make you look a world beater or a chump , unfortunately I thought the supply was very poor into forwards on Sunday.
I'm constantly reminded of something Thomas O Shea has said many times, only when you need to go deep in the middle of the summer you find if you have IT, you will have trained same as previous years and may honestly believe your in same condition mentally and physically but down to the wire if there are chinks in your armour then and only then do you find out, the defeat has served notice it has been hugely beneficial in preparation for championship, had Gavin gone out hell for leather to win league I honestly believe we would have come unstuck further down the line , these last minute wins have papered over some cracks, time for the polyfilla.

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 11/04/2017 10:32:22    1978256

Link

Twist nothing Damo reckons lowdnes is a better defender than mccaffrey where is the example to show this? Mccaffrey was poty from wing back two years ago and a massive player for Dublin. Also you said if Gavin keeps bringing on young inexperienced players when the game is there to be won you won't go to away games anymore, did you not say that before?

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 11/04/2017 11:19:29    1978286

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "Twist nothing Damo reckons lowdnes is a better defender than mccaffrey where is the example to show this? Mccaffrey was poty from wing back two years ago and a massive player for Dublin. Also you said if Gavin keeps bringing on young inexperienced players when the game is there to be won you won't go to away games anymore, did you not say that before?"
You are hilarious ,misguided but hilarious none the same.
for starters I think and I could be wrong it was Hill who said he wouldn't go to away games he may and I say may have been referring to a particular game v Kerry , apologies' if I'm wrong , it certainly wasn't me,
CKD you may have missed my 30 posts on the young ones 2017 , I've been to 17 , minor ,under 21 trial games this year in both codes , I've put up thousands of miles on my car going to Cork , Tipp twice, Kilkenny twice , Laois , Westmeath, Meath ,Louth ,Limerick Waterford and Wexford and you think I've an issue with young players you couldn't make it up,
I've posted I LOVE the O Byrne cup as young lads get an opportunity to wet their feet , I think its great they get an opportunity in league to see if they can cut the mustard , nope you well and truly are grasping at straws , and lets try remember why , because I used a quote of yours that I didn't even reference you in , your like a kid looking to get his own back time, to grow up pal, I wont be wasting my time responding to another childish response as painters have just put up a beautiful coat of magnolia Id ratter watch.

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 11/04/2017 12:00:59    1978305

Link

Replying To Damothedub:  "You are hilarious ,misguided but hilarious none the same.
for starters I think and I could be wrong it was Hill who said he wouldn't go to away games he may and I say may have been referring to a particular game v Kerry , apologies' if I'm wrong , it certainly wasn't me,
CKD you may have missed my 30 posts on the young ones 2017 , I've been to 17 , minor ,under 21 trial games this year in both codes , I've put up thousands of miles on my car going to Cork , Tipp twice, Kilkenny twice , Laois , Westmeath, Meath ,Louth ,Limerick Waterford and Wexford and you think I've an issue with young players you couldn't make it up,
I've posted I LOVE the O Byrne cup as young lads get an opportunity to wet their feet , I think its great they get an opportunity in league to see if they can cut the mustard , nope you well and truly are grasping at straws , and lets try remember why , because I used a quote of yours that I didn't even reference you in , your like a kid looking to get his own back time, to grow up pal, I wont be wasting my time responding to another childish response as painters have just put up a beautiful coat of magnolia Id ratter watch."
Apologizes CKD I thought the inexperienced quote was aimed at me , hence my reaction post,
With regards to my opinion re who is the better defender it is only my opinion , one which quite a few fans share ,I've yet to ever hear anyone extoll the virtues of Jacks defending , no they talk about his speed his attacking threat , can he defend of course he can is he a great defender not from what I've seen, Id have John Small as a better defender , ultimately its down to what Gavin thinks , .I'm not running Jack down far from it I think he's a fantastic talent.now back to my crown deluxe washable wall.

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 11/04/2017 12:25:00    1978315

Link

Again with the twisting clondalkin I did not say if Gavin keeps playing young inexperienced players I wouldn't go to away games, for the umpteenth time I will set you straight, I said we had seven league games where there is plenty of time to introduce young inexperienced players that there is absolutely no need to throw 5 6 or 7 of them all into the one game as it's not good for them and take off your best performers on the day with 15 minutes to go and bring in three inexperienced players to replace them with only a two point lead basically showed disregard for the result and the 3 thousand supporters who travelled down to cork outnumbering the home team at 3:1 easily. If the management treated games with the result not important then why should I make the long journey to games like that is what I was saying.
Gavin clearly learned his lesson from that day and hasn't done that since can you not understand this?

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 11/04/2017 12:36:03    1978321

Link

Replying To Damothedub:  "You are hilarious ,misguided but hilarious none the same.
I've posted I LOVE the O Byrne cup as young lads get an opportunity to wet their feet , I think its great they get an opportunity in league to see if they can cut the mustard , nope you well and truly are grasping at straws , and lets try remember why , because I used a quote of yours that I didn't even reference you in , your like a kid looking to get his own back time, to grow up pal, I wont be wasting my time responding to another childish response as painters have just put up a beautiful coat of magnolia Id ratter watch."
Ah Damo chill I was replying to Hill saying I twist things, the lowdnes bit was you and me the other bit was at him after our first league game against Cork In '15 when Jim brought on Conor Mchugh and Brian Fenton in the second half and we lost Hill said if the manager was going to bring on these players and not try and win the game he would not go again to Dublin games.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 11/04/2017 12:44:40    1978330

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "Ah Damo chill I was replying to Hill saying I twist things, the lowdnes bit was you and me the other bit was at him after our first league game against Cork In '15 when Jim brought on Conor Mchugh and Brian Fenton in the second half and we lost Hill said if the manager was going to bring on these players and not try and win the game he would not go again to Dublin games."
Sorry CKD , I had already posted an apology when I got what you were actually saying

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 11/04/2017 12:53:08    1978338

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "Ah Damo chill I was replying to Hill saying I twist things, the lowdnes bit was you and me the other bit was at him after our first league game against Cork In '15 when Jim brought on Conor Mchugh and Brian Fenton in the second half and we lost Hill said if the manager was going to bring on these players and not try and win the game he would not go again to Dublin games."
Now its dublin games in general not eveb away games your some boyo
in the words of the late Christy Hennessey
ALL THE LIES THAT YOU TOLD ME

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 11/04/2017 13:22:45    1978354

Link

Replying To hill16no1man:  "Now its dublin games in general not eveb away games your some boyo
in the words of the late Christy Hennessey
ALL THE LIES THAT YOU TOLD ME"
Pull up the old thread and will see whose telling the truth cause as far as I can see you've completely twisted it.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 11/04/2017 13:36:52    1978368

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "Pull up the old thread and will see whose telling the truth cause as far as I can see you've completely twisted it."
I done this with you at least five times across dublin forum and national forum so I don't know why you keep bringing it up time after time after time
WE"'LL HEAR IT AGAIN
I DON'T KNOW WHERE
I DON'T KNOW WHEN
I KNOW WE WILL HEAR IT AGAIN
SOME SUNNY DAY

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 11/04/2017 16:01:12    1978468

Link

Replying To hill16no1man:  "I done this with you at least five times across dublin forum and national forum so I don't know why you keep bringing it up time after time after time
WE"'LL HEAR IT AGAIN
I DON'T KNOW WHERE
I DON'T KNOW WHEN
I KNOW WE WILL HEAR IT AGAIN
SOME SUNNY DAY"
Pull up the thread and prove me wrong. Admin can you pull up that old thread on here Cork v Dublin league game in '15 please

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 11/04/2017 16:13:40    1978480

Link

Finally
Easter Sunday Dublin under 17 v Kerry under17 YESSSSSSSSSSSSS
Down in Limerick , might be able to rid myself of that filthy taste in my mouth

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 12/04/2017 07:47:34    1978654

Link

Ok so the dust has settled.

Have to say we were awful at times.
Loose passing, sloppy tackling, terrible balls into the forwards, no support in the middle and wide open spaces at times at the back.
That said, the width of an upright stopped us bringing the game into extra time. And when we actually started playing in those final 10mins, we had Kerry rattled big time.

It was a game we could have won and we definitely wasted a great opportunity of winning the league 5 times in a row.

Maybe it is the wake up call we needed and I heard the guys have still not ramped up the fitness training yet.

The over celebrations by Kerry at the final whistle will be shown to our lads as a motivational tool I am sure and at least now the unbeaten record is gone and hopefully any traces of complacency also.

I felt Kerry showed their hand on Sunday but I know Jim has not...!

Time for our lads to start in earnest for 2017. It was clearly evident throughout the league that we were not up to speed yet. And the extra break will hopefully stand to us come Championship...!

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 2862 - 15/04/2017 20:27:43    1979703

Link