Dublin Forum

Dublin club senior football championship 2017

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To BBrogan:  "Did McCarty get booked for the hit on Mullins. Hope he didn't as it was a savage shoulder."
No he only stopped the game because Mullins may have been concussed,it was probably the only good call he made all night. He spent half the match talking to linesmen and umpires which ment the game never got going really.

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 31/10/2017 19:11:19    2059359

Link

Replying To hill16no1man:  "I enjoy connollys football ability but last night again highlighted a fact that I dont think he will ever learn discipline wise.
he should have been black carded immediatly after he scored the goal and it happened right under the refs gaze,seems intent on not just letting his football talent take care of itself, there was no need for it whatsoever and could have cost vincents"
Seen it , nothing in it whatsoever, him and philly don't like each other it's no secret , he was letting him know he won't be intimidated by him and gave him a little shoulder absolutely nothing in it.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 31/10/2017 19:59:33    2059374

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "Seen it , nothing in it whatsoever, him and philly don't like each other it's no secret , he was letting him know he won't be intimidated by him and gave him a little shoulder absolutely nothing in it."
You accuse me of being blinkered!
come off it as soon as he scored he ran directly down to where McMahon was. He clearly done it because Philly made a howler of a pass that put him in on goal and went straight into his face to rub it in.
clearly a case of verbal abuse which the ref saw as he ran in to stop anything developing but bottled giving him the black card.

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 31/10/2017 21:01:33    2059388

Link

Replying To hill16no1man:  "You accuse me of being blinkered!
come off it as soon as he scored he ran directly down to where McMahon was. He clearly done it because Philly made a howler of a pass that put him in on goal and went straight into his face to rub it in.
clearly a case of verbal abuse which the ref saw as he ran in to stop anything developing but bottled giving him the black card."
I seen it nothing in it whatsoever. A lot worst went on beside's Connolly given Philly a tap of a shoulder. Move on ffs.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 31/10/2017 21:26:49    2059390

Link

Nothing short of outrageous if Connolly got a black card for what happened, should he show more class yes, is he capable no, for such incidents does he divide Dublin fans yes , we can hide behind the rule book when it suits us , however I live in the real world, we constantly slate refs for ruining games by being picky and whistle happy , but we'd be happy to see a fella black carded for run of the mill sledging , can't be having it personally

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 31/10/2017 22:26:11    2059400

Link

Replying To hill16no1man:  "You accuse me of being blinkered!
clearly a case of verbal abuse which the ref saw as he ran in to stop anything developing but bottled giving him the black card."
Hill you must be a Ballymun man because that's the only logical reason why anyone would want to see a black card for that nothing incident. Get Connolly off the pitch and we have a chance i was at the game and had my eye on both of them and Philly was having his twopence worth in Dermots ear prior to the goal but black card for either of them no way man.

dubarra (Wicklow) - Posts: 425 - 01/11/2017 07:05:23    2059426

Link

Replying To Damothedub:  "Nothing short of outrageous if Connolly got a black card for what happened, should he show more class yes, is he capable no, for such incidents does he divide Dublin fans yes , we can hide behind the rule book when it suits us , however I live in the real world, we constantly slate refs for ruining games by being picky and whistle happy , but we'd be happy to see a fella black carded for run of the mill sledging , can't be having it personally"
If this was done to Connolly playing for Dublin the opinion on here would be vastly different, it was a clear black card if you want to stamp verbal abuse out of the game then there is no run of the mill as you like to call it, he was clear in what he was doing and was looking for a reaction from Philly to get him done, the ref seen it clearly and bottled giving the black card.
if Philly had of reacted he would have got a red but you don't think the provoked should get anything?

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 01/11/2017 09:34:38    2059434

Link

Replying To dubarra:  "Hill you must be a Ballymun man because that's the only logical reason why anyone would want to see a black card for that nothing incident. Get Connolly off the pitch and we have a chance i was at the game and had my eye on both of them and Philly was having his twopence worth in Dermots ear prior to the goal but black card for either of them no way man."
I'm neither club actually.
I just went to see a good game of football but I have always been consistent in verbal abuse that is not part and parcel of the game it needs to be stamped out.
to score a goal and run 20 metres directly down into the face of the player who messed up for to give away the goal is a clear incident of this and for anybody to say that's not what he was doing is clearly blinkered by the fact he's a great footballer. It's a black card all day but we still have not seen one given for verbal abuse since the black card came in.

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 01/11/2017 09:39:29    2059437

Link

Replying To hill16no1man:  "If this was done to Connolly playing for Dublin the opinion on here would be vastly different, it was a clear black card if you want to stamp verbal abuse out of the game then there is no run of the mill as you like to call it, he was clear in what he was doing and was looking for a reaction from Philly to get him done, the ref seen it clearly and bottled giving the black card.
if Philly had of reacted he would have got a red but you don't think the provoked should get anything?"
I honestly think its part of the game , I have been one of Dermos biggest critics on here and certainly couldn't be accused of showing blue loyalty to him , there was a topic put up by I think it was Liamo called back your own , were I disagreed with most Dublin posts.
What Connolly done was stupid as usual as it was blatant and obvious , but is that any worse than the remarks made out of the side of the gob that no one can hear but your opponent . There's a line a one upmanship that's always been there will always be there.
I remember getting sent off for hitting a bloke who told me in no uncertain terms what hed done the previous night to my mother , when I went to the side-line my father asked me what the hell was I up to , I told him what was said , my father said fairplay hes doing better than me winked at me and called me a gobshi7 for getting sent off.

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 01/11/2017 11:01:12    2059465

Link

Replying To dubarra:  "Hill you must be a Ballymun man because that's the only logical reason why anyone would want to see a black card for that nothing incident. Get Connolly off the pitch and we have a chance i was at the game and had my eye on both of them and Philly was having his twopence worth in Dermots ear prior to the goal but black card for either of them no way man."
He hates Vincent's he's anti Vincent's on here for years. A Dublin player on the Ballymun team (not philly) was out of control on Monday night he was throwing punches left right and centre , I couldn't believe how bad is discipline was , the whole ground could see him yet our friend wanted Connolly gone for absolutely nothing.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 01/11/2017 17:28:47    2059586

Link

What are you on about how am I anti Vincent's? ??
I go and watch all club championship games and have been to all Vincent's home games in the Leinster championship and a couple of their semi finals of the all ireland over the last few years.
I have no difference to Vincent's like any other team in Dublin.
This must go to the top of the list of things you have accused me of on here over the last few year's. You have gone from saying I live in Marino to now saying I'm anti the same side, at one stage you even had me down as a kilmacud crokes person. Il give you one thing you have a vast imagination that's for sure.

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 02/11/2017 10:07:54    2059698

Link