Dublin Forum

This game has taken a life of its own!

(Oldest Posts First)

Between whats going on on the main board, facebook, twitter, national airwaves, print media etc etc etc

Is this the most bitter game played in GAA in modern times?

Christ lads, this isnt football, this is all out war!

Liamwalkinstown (Dublin) - Posts: 8156 - 29/09/2016 16:49:01    1920602

Link

Replying To Liamwalkinstown:  "Between whats going on on the main board, facebook, twitter, national airwaves, print media etc etc etc

Christ lads, this isnt football, this is all out war!"
Haha take a chill pill liamo.The pen is mightier than the sword.Jim will have our boys as cool as cucumbers but when 5pm Saturday comes around we will be as ruthless as Lucky Lucciano and Murder Inc!

cuederocket (Dublin) - Posts: 5084 - 29/09/2016 17:17:14    1920617

Link

Replying To Liamwalkinstown:  "Between whats going on on the main board, facebook, twitter, national airwaves, print media etc etc etc

Christ lads, this isnt football, this is all out war!"
Would have to agree. I just hope the tension doesn't spoil what should be a great game.
I have a strong feeling that there is a lot of enmity between these two teams. Wouldn't it be an awful pity if the result was determined by a black or a red card.
It feels like there is more at stake than winning a match. There are a number of oppositions at play here: country v city; the perceived 'haves' v the perceived 'have nots'; the 'jackeen' v the true gael; the hungry losers v the smug champions, the flair team v the gritty team etc.
It will be interesting to see which side prevails. I am expecting a bruising, bitter encounter. It wont be a classic but it will be enthralling.

avonali (Dublin) - Posts: 1260 - 29/09/2016 17:57:34    1920632

Link