Dublin Forum

Weather for Saturday 1st Oct!!!

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Sean.66:  "What is the big hang up over the weather...??? It's the same for both teams and been afraid of a bit of rain shows how nervous Dublin fans are about their team been able to cope... Good teams perform in any weather with no worries..."
With all due respect

You just spouted a couple of tried and tested sound bites

The weather will have a major say on how this game goes

If you're interested in knowing why then it's obvious you haven't read any of the above

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19818 - 29/09/2016 17:24:36    1920620

Link

Dublin beat Kerry last year in the rain now they don't want rain... Great teams don't care and it appears Dublin fans believe their team doesn't fit into that category..!!!

Sean.66 (Cavan) - Posts: 293 - 29/09/2016 17:56:17    1920631

Link

Replying To Sean.66:  "Dublin beat Kerry last year in the rain now they don't want rain... Great teams don't care and it appears Dublin fans believe their team doesn't fit into that category..!!!"
I want a dry day because its always a better game !!

I got destroyed last year on the Hill and the game wasnt that great

Scarabin (Dublin) - Posts: 116 - 30/09/2016 08:26:02    1920773

Link

Should be a fine day - but that Met Eireann "catch-all" - occasional passing showers" should set of a few alarm bells, as that could mean anything from a light sprinkle to El Nino.

arock (Dublin) - Posts: 4253 - 30/09/2016 12:57:12    1920858

Link

Replying To Sean.66:  "Dublin beat Kerry last year in the rain now they don't want rain... Great teams don't care and it appears Dublin fans believe their team doesn't fit into that category..!!!"
To be honest I think the Dubs have turned into "sunshine footballers" given the style of football they play nicer weather suits them better. Long range scores and moving the ball at speed etc

gormdubhgorm (Dublin) - Posts: 990 - 30/09/2016 16:56:16    1920934

Link

Six o clock now, rte pre news weather just gave Dublin to be rainy and wet tomorrow........

Liamwalkinstown (Dublin) - Posts: 8156 - 30/09/2016 17:57:39    1920946

Link

Whatever the weather let's look forward to the heat of battle and a warm celebration at the end. May the best team win and the Sun of Sam bring a glow to those winter months. A time will come when other counties will be contesting these occasions, so let's enjoy the nerves, the anthem and that roar at throw-in. Let's live the scores, the blocks, the near misses and the lucky escapes, and when the final whistle goes exchange the result's emotions with generous hands and expressive pints. Then back to life, the kids, the wife, the bills and plans, and a post or two on Hoganstand!

All the best tomorrow lads whichever way it goes.

Pericles (Mayo) - Posts: 2068 - 30/09/2016 20:14:58    1920963

Link

Replying To Pericles:  "Whatever the weather let's look forward to the heat of battle and a warm celebration at the end. May the best team win and the Sun of Sam bring a glow to those winter months. A time will come when other counties will be contesting these occasions, so let's enjoy the nerves, the anthem and that roar at throw-in. Let's live the scores, the blocks, the near misses and the lucky escapes, and when the final whistle goes exchange the result's emotions with generous hands and expressive pints. Then back to life, the kids, the wife, the bills and plans, and a post or two on Hoganstand!

All the best tomorrow lads whichever way it goes."
Fair play, I honestly have no idea what way; this is going to go. I don't know where the other lads are getting their confidence from but I wish I could find it. 50/50 and we need to up it, big time!

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 7701 - 30/09/2016 21:27:10    1920976

Link

Weather is right. Lads, I think this going to be closer to a winter's League game than an All-Ireland final. Looking out of my window, and it is lashing. Ah well, at least I have the ticket.....God, but wet weather is going to spoil the game.....Still, think we'll win....just about. Similar conditions to last year's final against Kerry..... a Good Omen?

PatdeVerse (Dublin) - Posts: 107 - 01/10/2016 09:09:41    1921008

Link

Replying To PatdeVerse:  "Weather is right. Lads, I think this going to be closer to a winter's League game than an All-Ireland final. Looking out of my window, and it is lashing. Ah well, at least I have the ticket.....God, but wet weather is going to spoil the game.....Still, think we'll win....just about. Similar conditions to last year's final against Kerry..... a Good Omen?"
Ive been working since 7am.Lashing all morning but although the skies are an ominous looking grey its beginning to ease up a wee bit.Still time for conditions to improve and fingers crosssed 5pm - 6.30pm will be dry.

cuederocket (Dublin) - Posts: 5084 - 01/10/2016 09:49:22    1921014

Link

Start of day weather is to be wet but from 2pm looks to be dry with with a bit of sun. Still think we will win by 5

jacktheDub (Dublin) - Posts: 889 - 01/10/2016 10:04:00    1921024

Link

Mayo don't have special aqua skills, it may stop some of the nicer football but ultimately both sides have to deal with it. ANyway, seems that it wont be raining for most of the match from what i can see, dry second half anyway

FOB (Dublin) - Posts: 910 - 01/10/2016 10:34:33    1921028

Link