Dublin Forum

Could it prove to be..

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Whats xhamster ? ;-)

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13505 - 23/09/2016 17:04:38    1918485

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "Jesus Christ hang on lads till I get the Violin ffs, it's a Gaa forum not your bleeding mot, it's a bit of craic what else would you be looking at on a winters night (there's only so much Xhamster you can watch) ,when we win next Saturday I'll see you's all on here for more banter n craic , now stop taking it so seriously. The Dubs are going to win , Jim Gavin the hardest man I ever played football with will have them players going crazy to get at these Mayo lads and prove why were the greatest."
that aboy clondalkin haha
hope you have the browser history deleted after been on the owl hamster haha

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 23/09/2016 18:42:31    1918517

Link

It's a great program that helps you out with some DIY around the house.

Cue no Connolly in your team, how on earth is that possible? Even if he doesn't touch the ball their best defender spends all day watching him and cancels himself out of his attacking game.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 23/09/2016 18:43:01    1918518

Link

Replying To cuederocket:  "Seriously though,if Diarmuid was given the green light to shoot,thats good enough for me.Still think it was the wrong decision but i feared he just did it off his own bat without any consultation with anybody.I didnt see a selector so fair play lads for clearing that up."
yeah had a hat on him so couldnt make out which selector it was

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 23/09/2016 18:45:10    1918519

Link

Lads would you give over about selector or manager in the heat of the battle it's the players call and no one else's. For me Connolly made the right call it was kick able for him and if not make sure it goes dead.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 23/09/2016 19:14:47    1918523

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "It's a great program that helps you out with some DIY around the house.

Cue no Connolly in your team, how on earth is that possible? Even if he doesn't touch the ball their best defender spends all day watching him and cancels himself out of his attacking game."
I said id drop him to the bench if he had taken the ball of C Kilkenny against the greater good and wishes of the rest of the team.Thats the point i was making but couple of posters highlighted the fact there was a selector nearby who gave Diarmuid the go ahead to shoot so ive no problem with that and Diarmuid starts for me.

10 Connolly
11 McMenamin
12 Kilkenny
13 Andrews
14 Rock
15 Brogan

As much as it pains me to do it i would have P Flynn on the bench.Great warrior but it hasnt really been happening for him of late.Still a good option for second half.

Id give Bernard the nod as surely he has to find a bit of form and if he gets the right supply hes lethal.Form is temporary,class is permanent.

Kev Mac starts as he was pushing for footballer of the year before the drawn game.This is a man you want in the trenches with you.

Andrews starts for me.Rarely fails to play well and with his direct running is a great man to skin a defender and create a goal chance or score a few points.

Mannion,Flynn,O Gara,Costelloe and young O Callaghan plenty quality off the bench.

cuederocket (Dublin) - Posts: 5084 - 23/09/2016 19:24:16    1918525

Link

Hi guys.

I haven't been on much here myself recently. Mainly, I got tired of the constant and general anti Dublin posts and decided not to waste my time replying to a lot of the guff.

Will be a pity to see you Jimbo, and others leave, as the hardcore group of Dublin posters on HS is quickly vanishing.

Excellent contributions by all concerned through the years it has to be said.

Anyway enough of the love in....

Regarding the final - I was surprised at how poor Dublin played and the lack of success we had in putting scores on the board. Mayo played exactly as I expected but we didn't match their intensity and couldn't break through them enough when we attacked. Our turnover count was shocking as was our scoring to chances created ratio.
How this Dublin team got rattled was a great surprise. We should have known what was coming down the tracks - management and players alike.
To put it bluntly - we didn't deserve to win an All Ireland with that performance.

Changes definitely required for reply.
I would bring in Bastick, Andrews, and EOG/Mannion for MDMA, Kevin Mac and Brogan. Bringing last weeks starters in off the bench would ensure we finished very strongly and also freshen things up at the start of the match.
We need more physicality in the middle, BB is not playing well and Kevin Mac is much better off the bench.
To be honest I also thought of dropping Rock and starting both Mannion and EOG but for frees alone Rock will keep his place.

Weather is forecast to be good for Sat week so expect a different game on that Croke Park pitch. Also, we will have James Mc back. Shocking Black Card imo.

On a side note, how does Keegan continue to get away with his shenanigans. Excellent player but bloody hell.... Also, the amount of blocks and player checking off the ball was quite prevalent. How many times was Copper stopped in his tracks when he didn't even have the ball. And Connolly also. I expected as much but hopefully next week we will be smarter and make decoy diagonal runs. We are used to this sort of opposition by now so we should have been prepared for it.

On the ticket front, I was surprised to see how far outnumbered we were last week. Not shocked though as I knew Mayo would get most of the tickets allocated to the other counties.

Next week we need to get stuck in from the off and keep our heads. Our players will be chomping at the bit and us fans have a huge part to play too. We need to commit more in attack and our players to to play like we all know they are capable of. We were greatly outnumbered in the scoring sectors of the pitch last week with attacking support very limited at times.

Mayo always had 1 huge game in them and we always had 1 poor game in us.
Hope we put ye record straight next week. We know what to expect - time to show what we are made of.
Mayo are an excellent and seasoned team but we are a better team than them. We now need to prove it.

Finally. I though Smally and Cooper were excellent last week. Byrne played ok but Mick Fitz can't be far off a starting place also.
Rest and recovery was the order of the day this week. Plenty of video analysis.
If you are Mayo - more of the same. For Dublin - few tweaks here and there and play to our capabilities.

The fans need to raise the noise levels and roar our team on from the word go.
They need to hear us like never before.

Payback is a b**** and revenge is sweet.

Hopefully our lads can show everyone what they are made off and put the record straight. They are more than capable of it.

Atha Cliath Abú.

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 2809 - 23/09/2016 20:00:58    1918539

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "Lads would you give over about selector or manager in the heat of the battle it's the players call and no one else's. For me Connolly made the right call it was kick able for him and if not make sure it goes dead."
Kick able for him ?
How many sidelines has he kicked for Dublin thus far?
I can't remember him ever scoring one,
A minute to go in an all Ireland final when your ahead by a point there's no need to be going for that, if we were behind fair enough.

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 23/09/2016 20:01:59    1918540

Link

Hill he's kicks scores from all over croke park that amazes us all, the kick is well in his range, if Kilkenny had to take the kick you reckon we would of had a free player to receive it? I highly doubt it , what let us down was players walking back into position for Clarkes kick out.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 23/09/2016 20:18:56    1918542

Link

Replying To Fionn:  "Hi guys.

I haven't been on much here myself recently. Mainly, I got tired of the constant and general anti Dublin posts and decided not to waste my time replying to a lot of the guff.

Will be a pity to see you Jimbo, and others leave, as the hardcore group of Dublin posters on HS is quickly vanishing.

Regarding the final - I was surprised at how poor Dublin played and the lack of success we had in putting scores on the board. Mayo played exactly as I expected but we didn't match their intensity and couldn't break through them enough when we attacked. Our turnover count was shocking as was our scoring to chances created ratio.
How this Dublin team got rattled was a great surprise. We should have known what was coming down the tracks - management and players alike.
To put it bluntly - we didn't deserve to win an All Ireland with that performance.

I would bring in Bastick, Andrews, and EOG/Mannion for MDMA, Kevin Mac and Brogan. Bringing last weeks starters in off the bench would ensure we finished very strongly and also freshen things up at the start of the match.
We need more physicality in the middle, BB is not playing well and Kevin Mac is much better off the bench.
To be honest I also thought of dropping Rock and starting both Mannion and EOG but for frees alone Rock will keep his place.

Weather is forecast to be good for Sat week so expect a different game on that Croke Park pitch. Also, we will have James Mc back. Shocking Black Card imo.

On a side note, how does Keegan continue to get away with his shenanigans. Excellent player but bloody hell.... Also, the amount of blocks and player checking off the ball was quite prevalent. How many times was Copper stopped in his tracks when he didn't even have the ball. And Connolly also. I expected as much but hopefully next week we will be smarter and make decoy diagonal runs. We are used to this sort of opposition by now so we should have been prepared for it.

On the ticket front, I was surprised to see how far outnumbered we were last week. Not shocked though as I knew Mayo would get most of the tickets allocated to the other counties.

Next week we need to get stuck in from the off and keep our heads. Our players will be chomping at the bit and us fans have a huge part to play too. We need to commit more in attack and our players to to play like we all know they are capable of. We were greatly outnumbered in the scoring sectors of the pitch last week with attacking support very limited at times.

Hope we put ye record straight next week. We know what to expect - time to show what we are made of.
Mayo are an excellent and seasoned team but we are a better team than them. We now need to prove it.

Finally. I though Smally and Cooper were excellent last week. Byrne played ok but Mick Fitz can't be far off a starting place also.
If you are Mayo - more of the same. For Dublin - few tweaks here and there and play to our capabilities.

Hopefully our lads can show everyone what they are made off and put the record straight. They are more than capable of it.

Atha Cliath Abú."
Fair play Fionn.Good post.

cuederocket (Dublin) - Posts: 5084 - 23/09/2016 20:21:00    1918543

Link

Atha Cliath Abú."
Good man fionn good to see you back

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 23/09/2016 20:28:27    1918547

Link

Atha Cliath Abú."
Fair play Fionn!

Good post

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19760 - 23/09/2016 20:30:02    1918548

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "Hill he's kicks scores from all over croke park that amazes us all, the kick is well in his range, if Kilkenny had to take the kick you reckon we would of had a free player to receive it? I highly doubt it , what let us down was players walking back into position for Clarkes kick out."
He didn't even take a free all day when rock was struggling from distance.
The point is they are 1/20 efforts from there, we didn't need to shoot, I think Kilkenny would have gone short and got the return and held ball and moved it across pitch would have ran click down and got a free possibly.
all under bridge now let's focus on performing to level we know we should be playing at in replay and we will win and it will all be put down to experience.

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 23/09/2016 21:36:54    1918571

Link

Replying To hill16no1man:  "He didn't even take a free all day when rock was struggling from distance.
The point is they are 1/20 efforts from there, we didn't need to shoot, I think Kilkenny would have gone short and got the return and held ball and moved it across pitch would have ran click down and got a free possibly.
all under bridge now let's focus on performing to level we know we should be playing at in replay and we will win and it will all be put down to experience."
I agree with you hill.But as you said its done now and like Jim has no doubt done with the players lets put it behind us and give Mayo our full attention for next Saturday.

cuederocket (Dublin) - Posts: 5084 - 23/09/2016 21:56:13    1918576

Link

Replying To hill16no1man:  "He didn't even take a free all day when rock was struggling from distance.
all under bridge now let's focus on performing to level we know we should be playing at in replay and we will win and it will all be put down to experience."
I have mixed feelings on this to be honest. Normally I would say don't go for it and kill the clock so CK was correct.
But on the day that was in it I was kind of relieved on reflection. Had it gone over Mayo would have needed to go for a goal near the end, and the way the 2nd half was going and with the day we were having, I was glad they only needed to go for a point at the death.

Have to say I think CK is a captain in the making. All over the pitch in every game and has an old experienced head on young shoulders. Wish he wasn't as shot shy these days though as he has the talent to nail scores off both feet.

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 2809 - 23/09/2016 22:12:33    1918581

Link