Dublin Forum

Diarmud Connolly had a good game

(Oldest Posts First)

Ok if your Lee Keegan your very happy how you marked Connolly no doubt but that weather is a backs dream especially in Croker, what forward played well? For me Connolly was the best forward on show but more for his work rate and tackling , his two kick passes into Rock n Brogan were unreal and his score at the end was different class, for me he had a good game.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 20/09/2016 17:40:38    1917052

Link

100% agree CD
For this man to ever get credit he is gonna have to score 5-15 on his Jones!
Was our best forward by a distance

Liamwalkinstown (Dublin) - Posts: 8154 - 20/09/2016 18:16:13    1917078

Link

Keegan didn't do half as well on him as he did in last year's semi final replay.

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 12780 - 20/09/2016 18:42:22    1917085

Link

Wouldn't say he had a good game , he had moments that showed what he can do but he also had brainless moments like the sideline kick deep in injury time.
the forward line didnt function as a unit thats the key thing on sunday that needs to be got right for the next day.
one guy not mentioned is Dean rock things were not going right for him with the frees in the first half and he could have easily have dropped the head but fair play to him he worked his socks off and chased and harried and won a few turnovers then kicked a couple of scores in the second half and was always looking to get on the ball when others weren't, certainly has grown this year in confidence.

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 20/09/2016 19:33:48    1917099

Link

The forwards in general were awful. It was pitiful to see the lack of movement from what is normally the most dynamic forward 6 in the game. Connolly did ok. He didn't get on the ball enough, that sideline arguably cost us the game and he kicked a bad wayward pass early. However, he kept Keegan pinned back, hit a wonder pass to Rock, clipped a smashing late point and made two great turnovers. The good with the bad. I would like to see him on the ball more as he is a strong runner and good distributor but Keegan has the measure of him. We need Keegan to get a card (as if) early the next day or play Dermo inside

Joxer (Dublin) - Posts: 4076 - 20/09/2016 21:27:01    1917171

Link