Dublin Forum

Paul Mannion has to start.

(Oldest Posts First)

Lads we got out of jail no doubt about that but we're lacking too much pace up front Mannion imo has to start they could not handle his speed yesterday and for me he has to start.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 19/09/2016 11:36:44    1916129

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "Lads we got out of jail no doubt about that but we're lacking too much pace up front Mannion imo has to start they could not handle his speed yesterday and for me he has to start."
Needs to change his studs tho!

Liamwalkinstown (Dublin) - Posts: 8156 - 19/09/2016 12:11:35    1916162

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "Lads we got out of jail no doubt about that but we're lacking too much pace up front Mannion imo has to start they could not handle his speed yesterday and for me he has to start."
dont think this perception we got out of jail is true
it was dublin who lead the game after we got the first goal throughout and never went behind.
we didnt perform at all as a team but it was still mayo who needed 7 minutes of injury time to kick an equaliser to force a replay.
on paul mannion its a tough one. I think it will all depend on the next 13 days over training on how bernard brogan and maccer come out of yesterday and bounce back from their performances, it was maccers only performance all year that was below par where as brogan it hasnt been happening for him for most of the year, for me paddy andrews would be the most likeliest to get the nod from the start if theres a change.

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 19/09/2016 12:24:42    1916184

Link

Replying To hill16no1man:  "dont think this perception we got out of jail is true
it was dublin who lead the game after we got the first goal throughout and never went behind.
we didnt perform at all as a team but it was still mayo who needed 7 minutes of injury time to kick an equaliser to force a replay.
on paul mannion its a tough one. I think it will all depend on the next 13 days over training on how bernard brogan and maccer come out of yesterday and bounce back from their performances, it was maccers only performance all year that was below par where as brogan it hasnt been happening for him for most of the year, for me paddy andrews would be the most likeliest to get the nod from the start if theres a change."
Can't agree. I feel we got out of jail. Only for the two own goals, we'd have been well beaten. Mayo did their homework, we never got much space yesterday. However, Mayo have shot their bolt, they came in under the radar, and now must raise their game again. We can't possibly under perform like that again, so on balance I think we'll win replay. But some players need to take a long hard look at themselves today!

PatdeVerse (Dublin) - Posts: 107 - 19/09/2016 12:59:59    1916225

Link

Instead of who ? ...

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13515 - 19/09/2016 13:05:32    1916232

Link

Wayne look at my team for the replay pal. We need pace up front mayo's backs are lightening.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 19/09/2016 14:03:25    1916288

Link

Liamo him n Connolly slip all the time it's head melting even when it's dry them two do be slipping all over the shop.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 19/09/2016 14:04:36    1916290

Link

Hill I hear what your saying but for me it felt like we were hanging on for dear life the whole second half. When we went 3 up I'd of taken a draw then n there if it was offer to me, that Mayo team never gives up and are never bet.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 19/09/2016 14:07:29    1916294

Link

Replying To PatdeVerse:  "Can't agree. I feel we got out of jail. Only for the two own goals, we'd have been well beaten. Mayo did their homework, we never got much space yesterday. However, Mayo have shot their bolt, they came in under the radar, and now must raise their game again. We can't possibly under perform like that again, so on balance I think we'll win replay. But some players need to take a long hard look at themselves today!"
A lot made of the two goals cause they went in off mayo players but they were two forces errors.
we should have had the ball in the net before it got McLaughlin foot, both Fenton and brogan had shots.
the second goal was a super ball from Connolly that out rock through one on one and he spilled it , the mayo player was a last ditch effort to stop rock picking it up and shooting so they weren't exactly calamitous unforced errors that were handed to us.

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 19/09/2016 16:06:52    1916415

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "Hill I hear what your saying but for me it felt like we were hanging on for dear life the whole second half. When we went 3 up I'd of taken a draw then n there if it was offer to me, that Mayo team never gives up and are never bet."
I didn't think there would have been seven minutes injury time, when we went three up there was about 68 minutes on the clock and I was thinking possibly four or five added time minutes so I was feeling we would only need one more score and we had it.
but we wasted couple good chances in that seven minutes. O gara hit a stupid effort from in front of the goal on the twenty one yard line that went along the ground nearly. A bit of composure there and would had them chasing a goal instead of a point at the end.

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 19/09/2016 16:14:27    1916426

Link

My man Mannion who I've been telling you for the last few years he could go down as our greatest inside forward ever came good for us again on Sunday , class player in unbelievable condition even my home boy Mes has to agree with me now?

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 21/09/2017 21:16:50    2049172

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "My man Mannion who I've been telling you for the last few years he could go down as our greatest inside forward ever came good for us again on Sunday , class player in unbelievable condition even my home boy Mes has to agree with me now?"
Good man Clondalkin! Enjoying the week so far I hope.

I've been firmly on the Mannion train for awhile now even if I was a little sceptical after his initial bursting on the scene in 2013.

He's fairly established himself this season in my opinion and put in a great second half performance the last day. He really stood up to be counted.

The future of the forward line will be Mannion, O'Callaghan and Costello hopefully.

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 12847 - 21/09/2017 22:10:52    2049189

Link

been on the Mannion train ever since his point up in donegal

Liamwalkinstown (Dublin) - Posts: 8156 - 22/09/2017 10:17:17    2049261

Link