Dublin Forum

What's your gut telling you?

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Jimbodub ... my gut is telling me it's going to be a War ...LOL

Hoping the Dubs are tuned in and focussed right ..and up for the challenge?

Wexiko (Wexford) - Posts: 81 - 18/09/2016 10:09:50    1915566

Link

My gut is telling me that it was a conspiracy theory between Mayo and Met Eireannn.....

gormdubhgorm (Dublin) - Posts: 984 - 19/09/2016 20:57:32    1916607

Link

What are people's guts telling them about the replay?!

CroiGorm (Dublin) - Posts: 1547 - 19/09/2016 21:12:38    1916624

Link

We fell for the guff, skullduggery and got into fights which took away our focus yesterday, it knocked us of our stride and couldn't play our natural game, very similar to the first semi game last year.

If we focus on ourselves our own game and keep the head we will win this, we need a focussed clinical performence as per the replay last year and as against Kerry.

We won't be a sloppy or hit as many wides, while there defense if ferocious they work it takes to keep means they won't score as much as us, if we are on song.

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 3077 - 19/09/2016 22:04:13    1916670

Link

If I was confident before the last game, I'm even more confident now.

We let them get to us, From the incident in the tunnel right up until throw in and the game that followed.

Nothing will shock us next time out.

I expect us to be composed. I expect us to work ferociously hard.

I expect us to be more of a scoring threat and work around Mayos tactics which where spot on.

Dublin by 8 in the replay.

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13505 - 20/09/2016 09:38:31    1916755

Link

I wasn't confident the last time around, just had a feeling a win for us wasn't going to be so clear cut, however I'm surprisingly confident for the replay, which is kind of odd considering how we played on Sunday. I think Mayo had their chance, if they couldn't beat a Dublin team that played that badly I don't see how they'll beat one that will majorly up their game. I think the underdogs gets one chance and they didn't take it. I know folk are saying a lot of Mayo players also need to up their game also so it's not going to be so clear cut but i just think that was them playing at far more intensity than we were and they still couldn't catch us. We'll bring more next week and I don't think their best will be enough.

CroiGorm (Dublin) - Posts: 1547 - 20/09/2016 10:18:46    1916781

Link

Replying To waynoI:  "If I was confident before the last game, I'm even more confident now.

We let them get to us, From the incident in the tunnel right up until throw in and the game that followed.

Nothing will shock us next time out.

I expect us to be composed. I expect us to work ferociously hard.

I expect us to be more of a scoring threat and work around Mayos tactics which where spot on.

Dublin by 8 in the replay."
would love to agree, but just cant see it happening ,too many Dublin players off form
very hard to pick a winner, hope to god I'm wrong.

superbluedub (Dublin) - Posts: 1889 - 20/09/2016 10:48:35    1916799

Link

Replying To superbluedub:  "would love to agree, but just cant see it happening ,too many Dublin players off form
very hard to pick a winner, hope to god I'm wrong."
I'd imagine we'd be back to normal the next day out unless Mayo have a whole new plan under their sleeve. There will be great expectation, both teams will go full throttle from the word go and both counties have the fitnesses levels to do it. Any injuries on either side after the first game?

FOB (Dublin) - Posts: 904 - 20/09/2016 11:45:07    1916833

Link

I'm very confident as well we were shocking and still didn't lose the game. Big calls to be made but we have the right man to make them calls the next day. My only gripe with Sunday still was taking Kev Mac off for me he always have to be on the finish til full time wether that's Starting or coming on.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 20/09/2016 13:10:12    1916889

Link

At the moment my gut feeling is the same as it was before Sunday's game.
if we perform as we know we are capable of we will win as i feel we are a better team. The thirteen days will be used to make sure we deliver that performance on the day this time.

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 20/09/2016 13:47:23    1916908

Link

The Dubs have to stop giving Mayo handy tap over frees! Dublin gave Mayo to many handy frees in last years drawn match.

I know it's easily said then done!

Wexiko (Wexford) - Posts: 81 - 20/09/2016 17:13:10    1917036

Link

My gut is telling

Start EOG and Andrews

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19760 - 21/09/2016 20:31:07    1917697

Link

You know what Jimbo I think your right about starting O Gara he came on 3 years ago and cause them all sorts of trouble and people go on about our lack of size in defence well their pretty similar size wise to us and I don't think they've anyone that can match O Gara for strength and size in the full back line. Vaughan is the only one that's big but he's not a full back they won't risk him back there. I think it could be a move Jim will make.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 22/09/2016 07:51:01    1917803

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "You know what Jimbo I think your right about starting O Gara he came on 3 years ago and cause them all sorts of trouble and people go on about our lack of size in defence well their pretty similar size wise to us and I don't think they've anyone that can match O Gara for strength and size in the full back line. Vaughan is the only one that's big but he's not a full back they won't risk him back there. I think it could be a move Jim will make."
They can match us for speed but struggle badly with big men in front of the square

He caused them all types of trouble in 2013 with his power and ball handling

I think it's tailor made for EOG to have a much bigger influence and he should have been on sooner IMO

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19760 - 22/09/2016 10:07:23    1917831

Link

By the way no one is talking about how much a loss James McCarthy was to our team on Sunday, Paddy did well when he came on but he would of done well anyway for someone else going off ,to lose McCarthy in such a battle was a huge blow to us. His defending and attacking and his leadership was big time missing in the second half he'll be like a new player for us Saturday week.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 22/09/2016 22:58:16    1918192

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "By the way no one is talking about how much a loss James McCarthy was to our team on Sunday, Paddy did well when he came on but he would of done well anyway for someone else going off ,to lose McCarthy in such a battle was a huge blow to us. His defending and attacking and his leadership was big time missing in the second half he'll be like a new player for us Saturday week."
Huge loss. Great to have him back. The hard decisions will be in the forwards. I think I would go with....

BB - DR - PA
DC - CK - KM

EOG is an option but you couldn't have him in there with Deano. Too little pace. I'd sacrifice Flynner, as much as it kills me. Flynner and Mannion would be massive off the bench. EOG and Costello great options too. Mayo can be opened up. We did it 3 times last week and at will in previous games. A drier day with lots of pace and off the shoulder running and we will do it again.

Joxer (Dublin) - Posts: 4080 - 23/09/2016 18:10:06    1918504

Link