Dublin Forum

Will our forwards tilt it our way ?

(Oldest Posts First)

Following on from the topic RE our FB/defence potentially costing us in upcoming games, Will our forward options see us land nicely on our feet come September?

Paul Flynn, Diarmuid Connolly, Ciaran Kilkenny, Paddy Andrews, Dean Rock, Bernard Brogan, Paul Mannion, Cormac Costello, Con O'Callaghan, Eoghan O'Gara, Tomas Brady etc,

Whatever about other teams doing damage to us, Itll take some effort to damage us, while also trying to keep 6 of the above (plus subs) quiet enough to outscore us.

Not saying it cant be done, Itll just take something good to do it.

I'm a glass half full man.

I believe we will win Sam.

There ya go, I said it.

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13508 - 27/07/2016 21:47:55    1891243

Link

good man wayno
I just can't get enough
I just can't get enough
And I just can't seem to get enough of
du du du di du du
du du du di du du
du du du di du du
paddy andrews!!!!!!!!!!!

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 27/07/2016 23:08:26    1891286

Link

Replying To waynoI:  "Following on from the topic RE our FB/defence potentially costing us in upcoming games, Will our forward options see us land nicely on our feet come September?

Paul Flynn, Diarmuid Connolly, Ciaran Kilkenny, Paddy Andrews, Dean Rock, Bernard Brogan, Paul Mannion, Cormac Costello, Con O'Callaghan, Eoghan O'Gara, Tomas Brady etc,

Whatever about other teams doing damage to us, Itll take some effort to damage us, while also trying to keep 6 of the above (plus subs) quiet enough to outscore us.

There ya go, I said it."
Cant believe i forgot kev mc. Amazing

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13508 - 27/07/2016 23:28:35    1891297

Link

Replying To waynoI:  "Following on from the topic RE our FB/defence potentially costing us in upcoming games, Will our forward options see us land nicely on our feet come September?

There ya go, I said it."

Good subs maybe, the difference between winning and not winning an AI, nope. Lets not go all English soccer on it here like . Dare I say it but Mannion has been pretty poor this year and it seems Jim just doenst like Cormac.
Brady is a tidy footballer but he is not at the level of others around him.
Con - lets give the lad time and see.

Liamwalkinstown (Dublin) - Posts: 8156 - 28/07/2016 11:16:28    1891399

Link

Replying To Liamwalkinstown:  "Paul Flynn, Diarmuid Connolly, Ciaran Kilkenny, Paddy Andrews, Dean Rock, Bernard Brogan, Paul Mannion, Cormac Costello, Con O'Callaghan, Eoghan O'Gara, Tomas Brady etc,

Good subs maybe, the difference between winning and not winning an AI, nope. Lets not go all English soccer on it here like . Dare I say it but Mannion has been pretty poor this year and it seems Jim just doenst like Cormac.
Con - lets give the lad time and see."
fair point. taken!

But I do think the lads in bold, especially Cormac and Paul, could add something against a tiring defence. They are no Bernard Brogans, Diarmuid Connollys or even Ciaran Kilkennys, But talented fellas nonetheless.

The front 6 pick themselves in my opinion, The only debate is whether Andrews starts or Kev Mc. I'd start Andrews and play a front 6 of Flynner, Dermo, Kilkenny, Andrews, Rock, Berno.

Still think we will take some stopping, And despite our "issues" at the back, I honestly think we can still outscore everyone and win, even if we were to concede 2 or 3 goals against a top team

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13508 - 28/07/2016 12:12:39    1891447

Link

There ya go, I said it."
Be careful Wayno. I have heard some culchies can read a bit, this might wind them up!

I agree with you though the pick of forwards is up with the likes of Kerry from any era.
You never know all the same, a Philly and Connolly sending off or the bounce of a ball could change a game.
If it was played on paper Dublin would be sure winners, but the vagaries of sport can be cruel as we know from 2014!

gormdubhgorm (Dublin) - Posts: 987 - 31/07/2016 18:00:15    1892958

Link

Replying To gormdubhgorm:  "Be careful Wayno. I have heard some culchies can read a bit, this might wind them up!

I agree with you though the pick of forwards is up with the likes of Kerry from any era.
You never know all the same, a Philly and Connolly sending off or the bounce of a ball could change a game.
If it was played on paper Dublin would be sure winners, but the vagaries of sport can be cruel as we know from 2014!"
Oh absolutely.

Anything can happen on any given day.

If our forwards click though next Saturday against Donegal, I'm certain we will win the game no matter what they do up the other end.

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13508 - 31/07/2016 18:36:49    1893023

Link

Replying To Liamwalkinstown:  "Paul Flynn, Diarmuid Connolly, Ciaran Kilkenny, Paddy Andrews, Dean Rock, Bernard Brogan, Paul Mannion, Cormac Costello, Con O'Callaghan, Eoghan O'Gara, Tomas Brady etc,

Con - lets give the lad time and see."
Liam I think con could have a massive part to play. Hope James mc carthy is fit, caus dublin have replacements and I hate seen a player not fit on the field, it's so unfair on him/her. The medical team obviously know their stuff though and I'm sure the right call will be made. Who will start if mc Cathy doesn't, Eric Lowdes? Getting thin at the back re replacements?

Frederick (Louth) - Posts: 474 - 01/08/2016 17:22:57    1893634

Link

Dublin are 1/6 with PP. Bookies see this only one-way. Donegal. You would have to say that we have improved since they knocked us out of the championship a few years ago. Especially in our attacking options, with the likes of Rock coming in. Anyone interested in Dublin GAA stuff, have a look at this site, https://www.thedublinstore.com/shop/

thedublinstore (Dublin) - Posts: 1 - 01/08/2016 18:33:11    1893679

Link

Mannion hasn't been poor this season he'd one bad game against Laois other than that from a year off he's been very good and he has pace to burn I'm a huge Mannion fan he is class imo. What is the story with Costello lads? Honest to god we played Whitehall in a league game last Thursday week and I've never seen a better club performance in my life he was unbelievable ok it was div 2 but this was another level stuff I've never seen from any other county player. He didn't even get on against Westmeath he 100% has the ability but I can't understand why he's not getting game time.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 02/08/2016 00:29:22    1893841

Link