Dublin Forum

Dublin v Meath

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

My take as Gaeilge on the game!

Connolly ar fheabhas do na Dubs! Áth Cliath 0-21 An Mhí 0-11

https://nadubsabu.com/2016/06/30/connolly-ar-fheabhas-do-na-dubs/

15BACSAM (Dublin) - Posts: 142 - 30/06/2016 18:29:33    1874421

Link

Replying To Jack_Goff:  "I hope this is the last year people hype up Dublin v meath. That rivalry is gone. We've won 1 out of the last 10 championship meetings against Dublin. We can compete in the obyrne cup but that's it.

At this stage Dublin should be given a bye into the all Ireland quarter final and the winner of leinster put into the last qualifier round. We're just wasting everyone's time here. it's actually embarrassing that such a competition still exists."
They used to call Dublin v Kerry a rivalry in the 70s and 80s even though Kerry won most of them!

But I think your right Meath v Dublin games are dead. All that is left is nostalgia from the match programmes.

The worst part is I am actually starting to feel sorry for meath and that can't be right!

gormdubhgorm (Dublin) - Posts: 987 - 02/07/2016 14:33:15    1875013

Link

Lads any Ballyboden supporters out there?

It seems that Andy McEntee will get the Meath job.What has he changed at Ballyboden? Apart from winning silverware...

Did he change culture,attitudes,improve players? Or was it that he achieved to achieve?

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 27/07/2016 11:26:31    1890866

Link

Replying To gormdubhgorm:  "They used to call Dublin v Kerry a rivalry in the 70s and 80s even though Kerry won most of them!

But I think your right Meath v Dublin games are dead. All that is left is nostalgia from the match programmes.

The worst part is I am actually starting to feel sorry for meath and that can't be right!"
I'm just glad I experienced 15 years of the Dublin meath rivalry at its peak. Most young Dublin/meath fans will never experience it now and I feel sorry for them too.

Personally I get my kicks from other sports now, like soccer and rugby. No point clinging onto the gaa because I'll be an old man before any good times return.

I also enjoy a few big hurling and football games as a neutral. but it's funny how when I was younger losing to dublin was devastating. Now it don't care and can't be bothered even attending.

The fact the gulf is so big makes it easier then if we were coming close to dublin and still had hope. Club football is what I really care about with the gaa now. Although I still enjoy watching meath in the league.

Jack_Goff (Meath) - Posts: 2920 - 04/08/2016 15:59:55    1895668

Link

Replying To Jack_Goff:  "I'm just glad I experienced 15 years of the Dublin meath rivalry at its peak. Most young Dublin/meath fans will never experience it now and I feel sorry for them too.

Personally I get my kicks from other sports now, like soccer and rugby. No point clinging onto the gaa because I'll be an old man before any good times return.

I also enjoy a few big hurling and football games as a neutral. but it's funny how when I was younger losing to dublin was devastating. Now it don't care and can't be bothered even attending.

The fact the gulf is so big makes it easier then if we were coming close to dublin and still had hope. Club football is what I really care about with the gaa now. Although I still enjoy watching meath in the league."
Dooma and gloom himself

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 04/08/2016 20:32:47    1895865

Link

Replying To Jack_Goff:  "I'm just glad I experienced 15 years of the Dublin meath rivalry at its peak. Most young Dublin/meath fans will never experience it now and I feel sorry for them too.

The fact the gulf is so big makes it easier then if we were coming close to dublin and still had hope. Club football is what I really care about with the gaa now. Although I still enjoy watching meath in the league."
Thats a bit fair-weather....

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 06/08/2016 17:09:29    1896662

Link