Dublin Forum

Season Ticket.

(Oldest Posts First)

Head up lads open for renewals this morning up to the end of Oct.

Just done mine and booked a few of the away fixtures this year in the league.

Roll on 2019.

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 3090 - 24/09/2018 11:25:08    2143497

Link

Can anyone clarify exactly what the Adult Club+ season ticket benefit is in relation to the All-Ireland final? The website states that it "includes club championship fixtures within chosen county and guaranteed All-Ireland Final ticket should your county qualify", while it has the caveat "subject to meeting the terms and conditions". Does this mean that you still have to attend the 60%+ of league and championship games to get an AI final ticket, same as the regular season ticket or does the attendance requirement not apply? I think its the former but if anyone could clarify, that'd be much appreciated.

Kurt_Angle (Dublin) - Posts: 527 - 01/10/2018 12:20:31    2144561

Link

Replying To Kurt_Angle:  "Can anyone clarify exactly what the Adult Club+ season ticket benefit is in relation to the All-Ireland final? The website states that it "includes club championship fixtures within chosen county and guaranteed All-Ireland Final ticket should your county qualify", while it has the caveat "subject to meeting the terms and conditions". Does this mean that you still have to attend the 60%+ of league and championship games to get an AI final ticket, same as the regular season ticket or does the attendance requirement not apply? I think its the former but if anyone could clarify, that'd be much appreciated."
Id say its the same as the regular season ticket you have to attend 60%, would be my reading of it.

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 3090 - 01/10/2018 13:38:57    2144573

Link

Replying To TheUsername:  "
Replying To Kurt_Angle:  "Can anyone clarify exactly what the Adult Club+ season ticket benefit is in relation to the All-Ireland final? The website states that it "includes club championship fixtures within chosen county and guaranteed All-Ireland Final ticket should your county qualify", while it has the caveat "subject to meeting the terms and conditions". Does this mean that you still have to attend the 60%+ of league and championship games to get an AI final ticket, same as the regular season ticket or does the attendance requirement not apply? I think its the former but if anyone could clarify, that'd be much appreciated."
Id say its the same as the regular season ticket you have to attend 60%, would be my reading of it."
Seems I was wrong:

If their County qualifies for the All-Ireland final, Club+ Season Ticket holders will qualify for an All-Ireland Final ticket regardless of their attendance rate during the season - this only applies to the selected code of the GAA Season Ticket.

This will obviously make the Club+ option more attractive to some people, though it might be a bit of an own goal for the GAA if season ticket holders don't have to attend games now with resulting falls in attendance for easier matches or those league games played in the cold. Time will tell, I suppose.

Kurt_Angle (Dublin) - Posts: 527 - 01/10/2018 14:09:24    2144584

Link

Replying To Kurt_Angle:  "
Replying To TheUsername:  "[quote=Kurt_Angle:  "Can anyone clarify exactly what the Adult Club+ season ticket benefit is in relation to the All-Ireland final? The website states that it "includes club championship fixtures within chosen county and guaranteed All-Ireland Final ticket should your county qualify", while it has the caveat "subject to meeting the terms and conditions". Does this mean that you still have to attend the 60%+ of league and championship games to get an AI final ticket, same as the regular season ticket or does the attendance requirement not apply? I think its the former but if anyone could clarify, that'd be much appreciated."
Id say its the same as the regular season ticket you have to attend 60%, would be my reading of it."
Seems I was wrong:

If their County qualifies for the All-Ireland final, Club+ Season Ticket holders will qualify for an All-Ireland Final ticket regardless of their attendance rate during the season - this only applies to the selected code of the GAA Season Ticket.

This will obviously make the Club+ option more attractive to some people, though it might be a bit of an own goal for the GAA if season ticket holders don't have to attend games now with resulting falls in attendance for easier matches or those league games played in the cold. Time will tell, I suppose."]Wow, never knew that!! That seems like a clever move if you aren't a league goer, or are older and don't fancy cold Sat night in Croker or Sun in ballybackofnowhere.

I enjoy the league games myself and would go regardless especially the away ones, so I didn't go for the club +.

Let us know how it works out for you Kurt.

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 3090 - 01/10/2018 20:29:31    2144665

Link

Replying To Kurt_Angle:  "[quote=TheUsername:  "[quote=Kurt_Angle:  "Can anyone clarify exactly what the Adult Club+ season ticket benefit is in relation to the All-Ireland final? The website states that it "includes club championship fixtures within chosen county and guaranteed All-Ireland Final ticket should your county qualify", while it has the caveat "subject to meeting the terms and conditions". Does this mean that you still have to attend the 60%+ of league and championship games to get an AI final ticket, same as the regular season ticket or does the attendance requirement not apply? I think its the former but if anyone could clarify, that'd be much appreciated."
Seems I was wrong:

This will obviously make the Club+ option more attractive to some people, though it might be a bit of an own goal for the GAA if season ticket holders don't have to attend games now with resulting falls in attendance for easier matches or those league games played in the cold. Time will tell, I suppose."]Wow, never knew that!! That seems like a clever move if you aren't a league goer, or are older and don't fancy cold Sat night in Croker or Sun in ballybackofnowhere.

I enjoy the league games myself and would go regardless especially the away ones, so I didn't go for the club +.

Let us know how it works out for you Kurt."]I'm 100% getting the regular ticket. I've attended the vast majority of the games, league and championship, for the past several years and don't intent to change in the future. Its just one of the lads on the season ticket has a young baby and may struggle with the 60% attendance so he's looking into options.

Kurt_Angle (Dublin) - Posts: 527 - 02/10/2018 11:59:02    2144742

Link

Replying To Kurt_Angle:  "
Replying To TheUsername:  "[quote=Kurt_Angle:  "[quote=TheUsername:  "[quote=Kurt_Angle:  "Can anyone clarify exactly what the Adult Club+ season ticket benefit is in relation to the All-Ireland final? The website states that it "includes club championship fixtures within chosen county and guaranteed All-Ireland Final ticket should your county qualify", while it has the caveat "subject to meeting the terms and conditions". Does this mean that you still have to attend the 60%+ of league and championship games to get an AI final ticket, same as the regular season ticket or does the attendance requirement not apply? I think its the former but if anyone could clarify, that'd be much appreciated."
Seems I was wrong:

Let us know how it works out for you Kurt."]I'm 100% getting the regular ticket. I've attended the vast majority of the games, league and championship, for the past several years and don't intent to change in the future. Its just one of the lads on the season ticket has a young baby and may struggle with the 60% attendance so he's looking into options."]I didn't mean anything by that Kurt about attending games etc.

I was more thinking of some of the older season ticket holders or season ticket holders who aren't well etc. I know a few lads over the years who've gone to all home and away games, who find the cold nights or away games hard going as time or illness puts limits on them. The club + is a really decent option for them.

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 3090 - 02/10/2018 20:05:37    2144828

Link

Replying To Kurt_Angle:  "[quote=TheUsername:  "[quote=Kurt_Angle:  "[quote=TheUsername:  "[quote=Kurt_Angle:  "Can anyone clarify exactly what the Adult Club+ season ticket benefit is in relation to the All-Ireland final? The website states that it "includes club championship fixtures within chosen county and guaranteed All-Ireland Final ticket should your county qualify", while it has the caveat "subject to meeting the terms and conditions". Does this mean that you still have to attend the 60%+ of league and championship games to get an AI final ticket, same as the regular season ticket or does the attendance requirement not apply? I think its the former but if anyone could clarify, that'd be much appreciated."
Seems I was wrong:

Let us know how it works out for you Kurt."]I'm 100% getting the regular ticket. I've attended the vast majority of the games, league and championship, for the past several years and don't intent to change in the future. Its just one of the lads on the season ticket has a young baby and may struggle with the 60% attendance so he's looking into options."]I didn't mean anything by that Kurt about attending games etc.

I was more thinking of some of the older season ticket holders or season ticket holders who aren't well etc. I know a few lads over the years who've gone to all home and away games, who find the cold nights or away games hard going as time or illness puts limits on them. The club + is a really decent option for them."]No worries, dude / dudette. Knew exactly what you meant.

Kurt_Angle (Dublin) - Posts: 527 - 03/10/2018 10:24:34    2144914

Link