Dublin Forum

It's not the end of the world

(Oldest Posts First)

If we lose on Sunday it's not the end of the world
There are far more important things in life
We all have loved ones
We all have fantastic memories from the last couple of years
Hell am I looking forward to it YES but it seems most games are followed by a road tragedy of some sorts
The game is not more important than life
All that said come the final whistle logic will go out the window and either depression or delerium will take over for all of us , I wrote this as much as an entry into a diary in advance as a warning to myself , to the guys from Mayo Derry and Kerry and Dubs from afar safe journey

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 15/09/2017 15:15:18    2046254

Link

Replying To Damothedub:  "If we lose on Sunday it's not the end of the world
We all have loved ones
Hell am I looking forward to it YES but it seems most games are followed by a road tragedy of some sorts
All that said come the final whistle logic will go out the window and either depression or delerium will take over for all of us , I wrote this as much as an entry into a diary in advance as a warning to myself , to the guys from Mayo Derry and Kerry and Dubs from afar safe journey"
Sound well balanced words ...Sport gives and takes .. i hope all fans can find a happy balance for the weekend and remember to give credit to all
involved in the joy of All Ireland Sunday,,

Best Wishes to you and yours,,

Heffo (Dublin) - Posts: 61 - 15/09/2017 16:18:49    2046269

Link

Replying To Heffo:  "Sound well balanced words ...Sport gives and takes .. i hope all fans can find a happy balance for the weekend and remember to give credit to all
involved in the joy of All Ireland Sunday,,

Best Wishes to you and yours,,"
Don't get me wrong I will be no different to liamo Wayno1 jimbo all the lads and yourself for 70 mins

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 15/09/2017 17:08:20    2046281

Link

Replying To Damothedub:  "If we lose on Sunday it's not the end of the world
We all have loved ones
All that said come the final whistle logic will go out the window and either depression or delerium will take over for all of us , I wrote this as much as an entry into a diary in advance as a warning to myself , to the guys from Mayo Derry and Kerry and Dubs from afar safe journey"
Jayus Christ are you sure you don't have Mayo blood in ya?

The Ultra Pessimist!

1) The game has yet to be played
2) Dublin have a better system (s)
3) Dublin have better players
4) Mayo are likely to freeze if they get close.

My guess is - You will be there with your loved ones / family /memories celebrating a three in a row and next year you will be saying 'It is not the end of the world if is not three in a row!

gormdubhgorm (Dublin) - Posts: 987 - 15/09/2017 19:37:34    2046316

Link

Replying To gormdubhgorm:  "Jayus Christ are you sure you don't have Mayo blood in ya?

The Ultra Pessimist!

1) The game has yet to be played
2) Dublin have a better system (s)
3) Dublin have better players
4) Mayo are likely to freeze if they get close.

My guess is - You will be there with your loved ones / family /memories celebrating a three in a row and next year you will be saying 'It is not the end of the world if is not three in a row!"
Lost loved ones recently
Have had family tragedy not fit for a site like this .
Like I said in the moment I will be like all you guys , but I've enough recent experience to know i won't remember 2017 for a footballer game , however it would cushion the blow

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 15/09/2017 20:03:06    2046321

Link

Replying To Damothedub:  "Lost loved ones recently
Like I said in the moment I will be like all you guys , but I've enough recent experience to know i won't remember 2017 for a footballer game , however it would cushion the blow"
In that case you remember the good times with them not the bad.
Otherwise it will eat you up and you won't be able to enjoy the future good times.
They will come around again.
Put on the jersey and roar on the team and enjoy the 70mins.
Just like the people who are not there with you would expect you to.

gormdubhgorm (Dublin) - Posts: 987 - 16/09/2017 01:25:04    2046371

Link

In general I agree with you Damo.

Tomorrow is massive. Its massive for both teams and their families, friends, clubs, supporters, everyone associated with Dublin v Mayo. For the past 3 weeks, the sole focus has been on this day, but on here I can only speak for myself, and from the first game in January, I as a supporter have wanted us to get to this stage again, desperately. From Parnell park infront of about 400 people, to Croke park infront of 82,300 via Enniscorthy, Newbridge, Drogheda, Tralee, Ballybofey, Clones, and Portlaoise, Tomorrow ends another journey and I personally have been there every step of the way, If they don't win, I will be heartbroken. I don't give a rats about Mayo's wait or their fans right now, I want that wait to stretch another year, IF it doesn't and Mayo win tomorrow, good luck to them, but I will be gutted, I will be in a serious downer tomorrow evening and for the first few days of the next week, If we win there will be celebratory scenes all around the capital for ages afterwards, But youre right, once the dust settles in a week or so, We will always remember that in life there are far, far more worrying/serious concerns. Bills have to paid, work has to be done. Family and friends have to be cherished and looked after, memories will have to made with those who are far more important than a game of football which pales into significance. As someone who has gone through a few dark days and used supporting this wonderful team as a crutch, the end of a season always brings a tinge of sadness. Itll certainly give me a boost going into the winter months if Sam is residing in Dublin again. On a sidenote, I'm absolutely desperate to win this as I'm sure we all are tomorrow, Doesn't matter how successful we are or how often we win things, The next one is always not too far out of our head. These are unreal days following the Dubs, Despite what people may think outside of Dublin, they wont last forever, So tomorrow are days ill rejoice and bask in, Enjoy them for what they are. Hopefully tomorrow will be another day to tell the kids and grandkids about in years to come, but youre right, life will continue in the days/weeks after,

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13515 - 16/09/2017 10:56:14    2046392

Link

Replying To Damothedub:  "Lost loved ones recently
Like I said in the moment I will be like all you guys , but I've enough recent experience to know i won't remember 2017 for a footballer game , however it would cushion the blow"
Sorry Damo :( I remember u referencing that was on the cards recently. So sorry man. Heads up. COYBIB

Liamwalkinstown (Dublin) - Posts: 8156 - 16/09/2017 10:57:31    2046393

Link

The sun will rise again on Monday no matter what the result,but for all of us who are watching and hoping we get a win it will be one of those intense experiences that happens when you are so passionate or connected to someone or something.
The winners will celebrate , the losers will want to be anywhere else, but at the end of the day, it's a game.
If only it were as easy to dismiss other loses .

Dubh_linn (Dublin) - Posts: 2164 - 16/09/2017 13:15:39    2046427

Link

Kevin Nolan on up for the match real class, what an absolute shame what happened to him but also the manner in which he's handled it a gent
With regards to up for the match god does anyone feel sorry for themselves quite like Mayo

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 17/09/2017 12:57:00    2046639

Link