Dublin Forum

Connolly to start final?

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Liamwalkinstown:  "He made the difference
was a class apart
that point, that pass to rock for his point, winning the free, he was the difference between winning and losing
Dont ever again want to hear anyone here say he shouldnt start for Dublin!
Madness"
Nobody knows his fitness level better than the Dublin coaching staff , equally they are also in the know when it comes to training ,you feel vindicated on your stance re Connolly as he came on and did the business which nearly every supporter predicted he would do, if you are in a squabble with anyone its no one on Hogan stand its actually Jim Gavin. He is who you should spare you wrath for. Connolly was class when he came on as was Kevin Mac ,

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 19/09/2017 13:45:39    2048055

Link

Replying To waynoI:  "oh shut up will ya ...

we've done something no Dublin team has done since the 1920s and instead of basking in that you're giving it the I told you so on a forum

well done you. you're fecking deadly. the rest of us just aren't worthy of your clearly superior input

ps. not entirely sure your point is right anyway, looks to me as though the majority on here got it right, dermo wouldnthe start and would instead come in and have an impact. That's what happened."
Relax yourself will you!
You in bad ol form today Wayno?
Take it easy old stock, your very highly strung today!

Liamwalkinstown (Dublin) - Posts: 8156 - 19/09/2017 16:41:06    2048169

Link

There's no way Connolly would have survived the whole game at that intensity after his lay off, it was very physical so I'm glad he wasn't on the pitch. He did a couple of lovely things once on, but I doubt he would have been still on the pitch at that stage had he started.
If he did indeed manufacture the last free, I'd need a proper camera angle to judge it properly, the last thing he should be doing is smiling. Otherwise I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and take it he was smiling because it gave us the chance to win the game. Hmmmmm....... :D

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 7701 - 19/09/2017 20:54:02    2048280

Link

It was a foul alright, high arm, well done Diarmuid :D

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 7701 - 23/09/2017 03:49:07    2049497

Link