Dublin Forum

Tyrone

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Sean.66:  "Dublin will be the new All Ireland HANDBALL Champions...."
Give it a rest will you.

dubarra (Wicklow) - Posts: 415 - 30/08/2017 09:02:49    2040583

Link

Replying To Ulsterman:  "Nastiness?? On who's part Jimbo? I can't recall reading any Tyrone disrespect or badmouthing of this Dublin team or fans. Most Tyrone GAA people are very realistic and know this is quite an uphill task. Dublin are clear favourites and it will take a Tyrone performance of epic heights to overcome that."
Yes, most people that follow Tyrone are 'football people' and are very respectful. When they get to the bigger games, like most teams, they attract a few muppet hangers ons that should be ignored.
Anyway, we knew Tyrone would have to play to their full potential to give Dublin a test, sadly that didn't happen. They needed to change tactics after 15mins when they went that far behind. I still cant believe they stuck to the system for a full half. Even if they had changed i dont know if they could have beat this Dublin team.
Even though it hurt i appreciated the display of football Dublin put on. Some guys were almost unplayable. If they repeat this, Mayo dont stand a chance either. Good luck for the 3 in a row.

Clubfoot (Tyrone) - Posts: 102 - 30/08/2017 09:56:01    2040607

Link

Replying To Fionn:  "Good man Cue.

Nice to see you back online.

Nerves at me already about the final - really hope we dont leave it behind us like we did in 2014 when we were playing great stuff that year before the Donegal ambush...

Mayo are on some roll at the moment and will be playing their 10th game - some marathon for them.

All I hope for is that we get a fair ref for both sides and the team that wins deserves to do so on the day.
If we play to our potential then we have a great chance but last year v Mayo on both occassions I thought we were not at our best at all.

Jim and the palyers know that, so hopefully we can raise the level yet again in 3 weeks time.

Countdown is well and truly on......"
Thanks Fionn,but not back online.Just came back to properly say goodbye to my fellow county posters who i soldiered with on here for the few years i was on HS.

Special mention to Mes,Realdub,Ath Cliath,Jimbo and Hill.It's been a pleasure lads but i don't have the urge to post anymore.Thank's for the memories.

Keep up the good posting and defending our great county against those scallywags who try to defame and debase it ; the begrudgers will never win.

It's a small world lads and who knows where our paths may meet but it's over and out for this chapter in my life.

Dubs forever.Adios city slickers!

cuederocket (Dublin) - Posts: 5084 - 30/08/2017 12:24:37    2040689

Link

Replying To cuederocket:  "Thanks Fionn,but not back online.Just came back to properly say goodbye to my fellow county posters who i soldiered with on here for the few years i was on HS.

Special mention to Mes,Realdub,Ath Cliath,Jimbo and Hill.It's been a pleasure lads but i don't have the urge to post anymore.Thank's for the memories.

Keep up the good posting and defending our great county against those scallywags who try to defame and debase it ; the begrudgers will never win.

It's a small world lads and who knows where our paths may meet but it's over and out for this chapter in my life.

Dubs forever.Adios city slickers!"
Hope all ok with you Cue?

Take care, always sad to see an old poster go

LW

Liamwalkinstown (Dublin) - Posts: 8156 - 30/08/2017 14:02:36    2040742

Link

Replying To cuederocket:  "Thanks Fionn,but not back online.Just came back to properly say goodbye to my fellow county posters who i soldiered with on here for the few years i was on HS.

Take care cue, you were one of the best on here, and funniest, I wish you the best of luck in the future pal. Enjoy the final. Up The Dubs

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 7701 - 30/08/2017 19:41:30    2040862

Link

Great to see you posting CUE!

All the very best to you

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19818 - 01/09/2017 13:39:56    2041589

Link

You're a sound man and listen if you ever want to have a catch up

We can do that very thing in the real world!

I'm sure admin will sort us out swapping details etc.

But sure I'll leave that with you chief...

Either way it's been a pleasure

Again

All the very best to you mate

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19818 - 01/09/2017 13:45:58    2041591

Link

Man that taxi must be milking it in haha
all the best cued

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 01/09/2017 19:54:36    2041692

Link

Replying To Brinsley Swartz:  "Gavin was right in his analysis of last year. As for 2017,one could say that Mayo have their name on it,except for Dublins bench and Gavins proven football brain."
yes Dublin were woeful in last years 2016 Final , They didn't perform and they only played in spurts. Mayo had their Homework done on Dublin , Every move that Dublin made Mayo were able to counter them. I remember watching the Final from up in the Cusack stand last October and it was plain to see ( even to me ) that some of the Dublin players were visibly jaded (out on their feet) they had nothing left in the tank to give. It was desperation stuff . hanging on for dear Life. As a last throw of the dice Gavin had to call on a young player from subs bench ( Who hadn't played on the team since march ) with fresh legs to run hard at the Mayo defense for those last ten minutes and then Dublin conceded a last minute free which Mayo kicked the Ball wide.

I'd be very wary of this Mayo team. I can remember last year these Mayo players came out on the pitch with a pent up righteous fury. They were in Dublin's faces and They kept coming after Dublin. hounding and chasing Dublin around the pitch. Mayo even gifted Dublin 2 Goals (O.G's) in the drawn game (they gifted Dublin an undeserved 5 point half-time lead) and after this self inflicted calamity Mayo composed themselves and kept coming after Dublin. They tied Dublin's forward line up in knots for long periods of last years final. One could argue that over the 150 minutes of last years Final. That Mayo team showed more honesty and worked harder then Dublin. Mayo ran themselves into the ground, While Dublin relied on their Big match cuteness and stronger Subs bench? (which wasn't that strong in 2016) and 2 important Mayo players being Black- carded and Mayo missing that last minute free kick for Dublin to stutter over the line and win by a fluky point. As a Dublin fan I'd be very wary of this Mayo team. They out-played and out-foxed Kerry last week and now they're coming after Dublin. I know Dublin have beaten Mayo well in a few micky mouse league matches. '' laying down the marker '' sort of Stuff early in the season but Mayo are a different animal in Championship. Dublin will have to dig deep and put in a huge performance to win the 2017 final. The Dubs need to do themselves justice (if nothing else) . They only scraped past Mayo last year.

Wexiko (Wexford) - Posts: 81 - 02/09/2017 15:36:11    2041830

Link

Replying To Wexiko:  "yes Dublin were woeful in last years 2016 Final , They didn't perform and they only played in spurts. Mayo had their Homework done on Dublin , Every move that Dublin made Mayo were able to counter them. I remember watching the Final from up in the Cusack stand last October and it was plain to see ( even to me ) that some of the Dublin players were visibly jaded (out on their feet) they had nothing left in the tank to give. It was desperation stuff . hanging on for dear Life. As a last throw of the dice Gavin had to call on a young player from subs bench ( Who hadn't played on the team since march ) with fresh legs to run hard at the Mayo defense for those last ten minutes and then Dublin conceded a last minute free which Mayo kicked the Ball wide.

I'd be very wary of this Mayo team. I can remember last year these Mayo players came out on the pitch with a pent up righteous fury. They were in Dublin's faces and They kept coming after Dublin. hounding and chasing Dublin around the pitch. Mayo even gifted Dublin 2 Goals (O.G's) in the drawn game (they gifted Dublin an undeserved 5 point half-time lead) and after this self inflicted calamity Mayo composed themselves and kept coming after Dublin. They tied Dublin's forward line up in knots for long periods of last years final. One could argue that over the 150 minutes of last years Final. That Mayo team showed more honesty and worked harder then Dublin. Mayo ran themselves into the ground, While Dublin relied on their Big match cuteness and stronger Subs bench? (which wasn't that strong in 2016) and 2 important Mayo players being Black- carded and Mayo missing that last minute free kick for Dublin to stutter over the line and win by a fluky point. As a Dublin fan I'd be very wary of this Mayo team. They out-played and out-foxed Kerry last week and now they're coming after Dublin. I know Dublin have beaten Mayo well in a few micky mouse league matches. '' laying down the marker '' sort of Stuff early in the season but Mayo are a different animal in Championship. Dublin will have to dig deep and put in a huge performance to win the 2017 final. The Dubs need to do themselves justice (if nothing else) . They only scraped past Mayo last year."
Most Dublin fans are very wary of this Mayo team. A team that has improved as the season has gone on.
I for one was very impressed with them v Kerry in both games.

1 big difference for Dublin this year though is that we look fresher, fitter and faster than last year.
We were out on our feet last September, in two weeks time we should be in a better position.

I have said it before, I hope Mayo have shown most of their hand so far though - we will know what to expect.

May the best team win and hopefully by more than just 1 point.....!
Nothing worse than What If's......

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 2862 - 02/09/2017 23:18:58    2042031

Link