Dublin Forum

Connolly one black card away from a suspension.

(Oldest Posts First)

I was told before the Carlow game the Connolly is one black card away from an automatic one game suspension. So we could get him back for an AI semi(if we get there) and lose him for the final ( again if we get there) if he were to pick up a black card in the semi.

Marse (Dublin) - Posts: 203 - 08/06/2017 13:46:55    1996924

Link

i would imagine this suspension over rides all others and he starts with a clean slate
same as if he had received a red card
All cards are combined on your disciplinary record so a suspension would clear them
Its my understanding he comes back for the AISF with a clean slate....which is huge

Liamwalkinstown (Dublin) - Posts: 8156 - 08/06/2017 14:15:37    1996942

Link

Replying To Marse:  "I was told before the Carlow game the Connolly is one black card away from an automatic one game suspension. So we could get him back for an AI semi(if we get there) and lose him for the final ( again if we get there) if he were to pick up a black card in the semi."
If Connolly has to serve the 12 week ban then I think Gavin should tell him that he won't figure at all this summer.

He won't be allowed to train with the squad apparently so I doubt he'll be fit enough to take a chance on, and obviously not 'match fit', in a semi final if we get that far.

Also, the media circus that will accompany the 'will he/won't he' play again scenario could be too distracting for the rest of the squad.

dubdec99 (Dublin) - Posts: 164 - 08/06/2017 14:30:46    1996953

Link

Replying To Liamwalkinstown:  "i would imagine this suspension over rides all others and he starts with a clean slate
same as if he had received a red card
All cards are combined on your disciplinary record so a suspension would clear them
Its my understanding he comes back for the AISF with a clean slate....which is huge"
Hope you're correct.

Marse (Dublin) - Posts: 203 - 08/06/2017 21:28:03    1997107

Link

Replying To dubdec99:  "If Connolly has to serve the 12 week ban then I think Gavin should tell him that he won't figure at all this summer.

He won't be allowed to train with the squad apparently so I doubt he'll be fit enough to take a chance on, and obviously not 'match fit', in a semi final if we get that far.

Also, the media circus that will accompany the 'will he/won't he' play again scenario could be too distracting for the rest of the squad."
Agree with you on this. Major distraction and could cause squad unrest.

3month ban = season over, unfortunately.

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 2862 - 08/06/2017 22:16:52    1997129

Link

Cant agree with NOT using Connolly after his suspension , do your time do your crime , but then we impose a further sanction ???????????
Then only people who benefit by Connolly not being on the pitch is the opposition , for me no set up deals with stuff like this better than the Dubs and Jim Gavin , while myself and others on here plus ex-players in the papers may all be having our say trust me in camp its business as usual .
If he comes back from suspension and he performs in training well then its down to Jim , for me he attracts so many opposition players even when playing poorly other players get more space , its only when he's gone we will appreciate the good and benefits he brings on the pitch

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 09/06/2017 08:02:38    1997183

Link

He is fit and available, he plays

SIMPLES

Liamwalkinstown (Dublin) - Posts: 8156 - 09/06/2017 12:36:00    1997278

Link