Dublin Forum

There's a decent Leinster Final brewing...

(Oldest Posts First)

Dublin without a fair slice of top players now

Also the noise from a few Kildare and Meath posters is rekindling an old flame in me

I've not enjoyed seeing them take great glee from the Connolly situation on here

Lets see if their so gleeful soon enough

Yes indeed - very much looking forward to a possible Leinster final against Meath or Kildare

Up the Dubs

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19818 - 07/06/2017 11:05:10    1996291

Link

Replying To jimbodub:  "Dublin without a fair slice of top players now

Also the noise from a few Kildare and Meath posters is rekindling an old flame in me

I've not enjoyed seeing them take great glee from the Connolly situation on here

Yes indeed - very much looking forward to a possible Leinster final against Meath or Kildare

Up the Dubs"
We have to get their first
westmeath/offaly is all that matters we will think about a Leinster final if it comes
We need to get a performance in the next game it hasn't been there for seventy minutes in 2017 so far

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 07/06/2017 11:12:59    1996305

Link

Look at Galway beating Mayo last year.

The gap is closing imo.

Kildare in particular and Meath probably less so are nowhere the shambles they have been in recent years.

Could be a decent game alright.

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 12844 - 07/06/2017 11:14:05    1996308

Link

Up the Dubs"
Think it was heating up a little prior to DC GATE .
Like a leopard they can smell weakness , we are probably more vulnerable than at any time over last five years , so there is a possibility the gap has closed slightly , why are we vulnerable well as in another thread Ive asked who actually is Fit and in Form forward wise , manby with question marks .
That said and its only an opinion I think Jim has deliberately went about business in a different manner this year , this is about peaking when needed , Jim has recognised that which has found out many a good team mileage on the legs , thus the Sullys of the world will be used and the Flynners given time , the Leinster Final will at least have bite to it as finally whoever we meet wont be beaten before leaving the dressing room.
If I had to call it I believe we will meet Kildare and OI hope so as Meath just don't have it regardless of the rubbish coming out of their camp.

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 07/06/2017 11:16:52    1996312

Link

Replying To Damothedub:  "Think it was heating up a little prior to DC GATE .
Like a leopard they can smell weakness , we are probably more vulnerable than at any time over last five years , so there is a possibility the gap has closed slightly , why are we vulnerable well as in another thread Ive asked who actually is Fit and in Form forward wise , manby with question marks .
That said and its only an opinion I think Jim has deliberately went about business in a different manner this year , this is about peaking when needed , Jim has recognised that which has found out many a good team mileage on the legs , thus the Sullys of the world will be used and the Flynners given time , the Leinster Final will at least have bite to it as finally whoever we meet wont be beaten before leaving the dressing room.
If I had to call it I believe we will meet Kildare and OI hope so as Meath just don't have it regardless of the rubbish coming out of their camp."
In fairness I don't hear any rubbish at all coming out of the Meath camp I think Andy Mc has called it right so far some posters are getting a tad over excited alright considering we beat a team who we were expected to beat most Meath people know we're still a fair bit off the mighty dubs yet I think Kildare pose a big enough hurdle first so most of us are only concerned with that game at the moment

runnerin (Meath) - Posts: 178 - 08/06/2017 23:54:17    1997165

Link

Replying To runnerin:  "In fairness I don't hear any rubbish at all coming out of the Meath camp I think Andy Mc has called it right so far some posters are getting a tad over excited alright considering we beat a team who we were expected to beat most Meath people know we're still a fair bit off the mighty dubs yet I think Kildare pose a big enough hurdle first so most of us are only concerned with that game at the moment"
Sorry should have been clearer , fans coming out with rubbish as opposed to actual Meath Management

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 09/06/2017 10:39:14    1997227

Link

Replying To hill16no1man:  "We have to get their first
westmeath/offaly is all that matters we will think about a Leinster final if it comes
We need to get a performance in the next game it hasn't been there for seventy minutes in 2017 so far"
If were being realistic, And not playing this chiched nonsense that the next game is where we should be thinking (I prefer to leave that to management and players) irrespective of who is or isn't available, If Dublin have any ambitions to be at the latter stages of the championship competing for the biggest prize we should easily be disposing of teams in this provincial championship. Don't care if Meath are scoring 0-27 against, with the greatest respect In the world, an average at best, poor at worst side in Louth, And I don't care about Kildare knocking a big score past a team whove had a desperate spring having been relegated to D4 in Laois. Dublin are gearing up towards Quarter final stages. They will beat whoever they come up against between now and then. It may not be pretty, It might not be beautiful on the eye, but its all gearing up towards the teams that will potentially threaten us, And none of those are in Leinster this year. It might be closer in winning margain than previous years but lets not fool ourselves, itll still be *relatively* comfortable. Then the real work will start

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13508 - 09/06/2017 12:59:19    1997284

Link

Chiched nonsense????
Your the very one that if it comes to pass we stumble along to a semi final and get beaten will come on here saying we just weren't good enough, yet for me to suggest a plain obvious thing right now that we haven't had a team performance for seventy minutes at all in 2017 and we are now in June and need to start finding that high level before it gets too late. The league was brushed under the carpet as we weren't back from holidays till the end of January it's a whole 5 months later and we still haven't delivered anything like we have done over the past four years. We found in 2012 that it just doesn't work like flicking a switch we couldn't just show up and perform to the same level as 2011 come all ireland semi final day. We need to raise out game now in the Leinster semi final the opposition regardless it's about Dublin performance and what has served us so well the past four years has been performing to the same expected level every game regardless of who we faced. If we are to win the all ireland we will have five matches between now and the end of September there's plenty of time to recover from each game it's time we start hitting our form like we know we can.

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 09/06/2017 17:16:42    1997388

Link

One thing is for sure, you cannot switch on form.
You can do all the work in training and think you're prepared but form comes from outside of the controlables and is unpredictable.
Dubs have had a great run in recent years and got the job done when it mattered but graft has been a big part of that too. It wasn't all magical stuff either and there were days when they just about got over the line so whatever fellas say, IMO , a lot of their victories were dug out as opposed to completele overwhelming displays that bamboozled the opposotion.
Attitude will always be hugely important and if they can maintain that essential hardwork element then they'll be hard beaten.

catch22 (USA) - Posts: 1102 - 09/06/2017 18:35:45    1997417

Link

Replying To catch22:  "One thing is for sure, you cannot switch on form.
You can do all the work in training and think you're prepared but form comes from outside of the controlables and is unpredictable.
Dubs have had a great run in recent years and got the job done when it mattered but graft has been a big part of that too. It wasn't all magical stuff either and there were days when they just about got over the line so whatever fellas say, IMO , a lot of their victories were dug out as opposed to completele overwhelming displays that bamboozled the opposotion.
Attitude will always be hugely important and if they can maintain that essential hardwork element then they'll be hard beaten."
Not in Leinster chief..

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19818 - 09/06/2017 19:16:28    1997429

Link

Replying To waynoI:  "If were being realistic, And not playing this chiched nonsense that the next game is where we should be thinking (I prefer to leave that to management and players) irrespective of who is or isn't available, If Dublin have any ambitions to be at the latter stages of the championship competing for the biggest prize we should easily be disposing of teams in this provincial championship. Don't care if Meath are scoring 0-27 against, with the greatest respect In the world, an average at best, poor at worst side in Louth, And I don't care about Kildare knocking a big score past a team whove had a desperate spring having been relegated to D4 in Laois. Dublin are gearing up towards Quarter final stages. They will beat whoever they come up against between now and then. It may not be pretty, It might not be beautiful on the eye, but its all gearing up towards the teams that will potentially threaten us, And none of those are in Leinster this year. It might be closer in winning margain than previous years but lets not fool ourselves, itll still be *relatively* comfortable. Then the real work will start"
I can't disagree to anything you said there Wayno.

I think it will be 5 years before we see a decent leinster final again.

gormdubhgorm (Dublin) - Posts: 987 - 10/06/2017 16:56:33    1997611

Link

Up the Dubs"
I can't comment on Meath because I have not seen them live since the leinster semi-final last year.

I did see all the Galway v Kildare League Final.

Kildare have a long way to go before they are a real threat.

gormdubhgorm (Dublin) - Posts: 987 - 10/06/2017 17:00:42    1997613

Link

Replying To hill16no1man:  "Chiched nonsense????
Your the very one that if it comes to pass we stumble along to a semi final and get beaten will come on here saying we just weren't good enough, yet for me to suggest a plain obvious thing right now that we haven't had a team performance for seventy minutes at all in 2017 and we are now in June and need to start finding that high level before it gets too late. The league was brushed under the carpet as we weren't back from holidays till the end of January it's a whole 5 months later and we still haven't delivered anything like we have done over the past four years. We found in 2012 that it just doesn't work like flicking a switch we couldn't just show up and perform to the same level as 2011 come all ireland semi final day. We need to raise out game now in the Leinster semi final the opposition regardless it's about Dublin performance and what has served us so well the past four years has been performing to the same expected level every game regardless of who we faced. If we are to win the all ireland we will have five matches between now and the end of September there's plenty of time to recover from each game it's time we start hitting our form like we know we can."
Your right this dublin have been great because of the relentless pressure and pace they play with and killer instinct to look for goals resulting in big scores against teams. This made teams almost afraid to commit against them but in the last 18 months the calm but pacy play has "evolved" (sic) to a more reticent keepball play where the tempo drops to allow teams into the game. Hopefully Jack mc and some players like mannion and maybe o'callaghan getting in the team might get the team playing at the pace that made them the best in the country

ctowers (Dublin) - Posts: 77 - 11/06/2017 00:54:02    1997758

Link