Dublin Forum

U21 All Ireland Final 2017

(Oldest Posts First)

Very much looking forward to this one

Another AI final to go and watch

Great times

If the Dubs defend as well as they did the last day, it'll give us the platform to counter Galway with pace, which we have in spades, and then deliver good ball into a talented FF line

If we do the above I see a Dubs win.

Hopefully the negativity in the build up to the final hasn't done anything to take away from their preparation, the loss of Clayton to injury was also very unlucky, but again if we can do the above, we have a great chance.

Up the Dubs. Let's bring another AI title back to our city.

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19818 - 27/04/2017 20:27:31    1983230

Link

That was like watching Brazil , that was unreal football from our lads today everyone of them , 6 points completely flatters Galway we destroyed them from start to finish. Some serious talent on show there today. I'm not singling anyone out cause they were all outstanding , buzzing after that.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 29/04/2017 18:55:02    1983500

Link

Brilliant stuff, great team, what a future for Dublin we have.

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 7701 - 29/04/2017 18:58:02    1983503

Link

Brilliant win.

AthCliath (Dublin) - Posts: 4347 - 29/04/2017 19:40:05    1983511

Link

Fecking delighted!!

Gerrrup the boys in blue!!

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19818 - 29/04/2017 20:01:51    1983520

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "That was like watching Brazil , that was unreal football from our lads today everyone of them , 6 points completely flatters Galway we destroyed them from start to finish. Some serious talent on show there today. I'm not singling anyone out cause they were all outstanding , buzzing after that."
We were excellent today. Great victory.

To win our 4th U21 title since 2010 is some achievement and to be the last ever U21 All Ireland Football champions is brilliant.

We were so under the radar before the semi is was great. Let the other counties keep thinking we have no new talent on the horizon...! ;o)

Atha Cliath Abu.

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 2862 - 29/04/2017 22:46:20    1983540

Link

It took a long time to get our own back after Galway made a show of Dublin in the u21 final back in 02!

Today's game was nice and lively, but played in the right spirit.

gormdubhgorm (Dublin) - Posts: 987 - 29/04/2017 23:23:31    1983543

Link

Replying To gormdubhgorm:  "It took a long time to get our own back after Galway made a show of Dublin in the u21 final back in 02!

Today's game was nice and lively, but played in the right spirit."
We were well beaten that day. Borderline humiliated.

Galway owned the ball in midfield. Joe Bergin ran the show, one of the best midfield displays I've seen live.

So yeah, it was nice to be there yesterday and see us boss midfield. Galway had no choice but to almost constantly go short out to the wing.

A great team performance, Dessie deserves huge credit in shaping that team so well, it was a pleasure watching them yesterday.

Up The Dubs

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19818 - 30/04/2017 10:39:52    1983566

Link

Them Kerry boys can't stand us winning we all came on the main forum to congratulate them on a well deserved win in the league final not one of them could say well done to our 21's ,remember that in September when we do the 3 in a row.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 30/04/2017 14:24:26    1983616

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "Them Kerry boys can't stand us winning we all came on the main forum to congratulate them on a well deserved win in the league final not one of them could say well done to our 21's ,remember that in September when we do the 3 in a row."
It is very noticeable alright CKD.

But sure I have been saying that for ages about them. Very sour when not at the top table and the self appointed divine right to win all the time.

Nothing new or surprising there.

Let them enjoy their league success but for me and many others an All Ireland U21 title surpasses any league title.

Looking forward to them been put back in their box for a wee while longer.
It won't last forever but while it does, let us Dubs enjoy seeing them cringe.. ;o)

And let us not stoop to their level...!

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 2862 - 30/04/2017 16:57:05    1983631

Link

Not a peep alright

Sickner for them ;)

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19818 - 30/04/2017 17:13:13    1983634

Link

Replying To jimbodub:  "We were well beaten that day. Borderline humiliated.

Galway owned the ball in midfield. Joe Bergin ran the show, one of the best midfield displays I've seen live.

So yeah, it was nice to be there yesterday and see us boss midfield. Galway had no choice but to almost constantly go short out to the wing.

A great team performance, Dessie deserves huge credit in shaping that team so well, it was a pleasure watching them yesterday.

Up The Dubs"
I was at that 2002 final in Portlaoise and Joe Bergin lorded it that day at midfield on his own. It was a brilliant display which sadly he never really replicated at Senior.

Congratulations on yesterday. Ye were far the better team playing fast, direct football which is always good to see.

Ailteoir (Galway) - Posts: 770 - 30/04/2017 19:01:03    1983653

Link

Replying To jimbodub:  "Not a peep alright

Sickner for them ;)"
I've said it a million times you cant beat Kerry or Kilkenny often enough and by enough, I've stated total admiration for Jack O Connor and all he's achieved and stand by it , but you'd be a long time waiting for similar and more importantly GENUINE respect from Kerry ,only found out how bad they are as losers when we started to beat them god when they were hammering us they were great crack all together afterwards, know exactly know how Tyrone feel towards them , brilliant footballing county , very poor losers

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 01/05/2017 21:02:59    1983843

Link

Replying To Ailteoir:  "I was at that 2002 final in Portlaoise and Joe Bergin lorded it that day at midfield on his own. It was a brilliant display which sadly he never really replicated at Senior.

Congratulations on yesterday. Ye were far the better team playing fast, direct football which is always good to see."
Yeah he was brilliant that day!

Classy post chief

Hard luck to you but you've some nice footballers there that could well have an impact moving forward

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19818 - 01/05/2017 21:07:30    1983844

Link

Replying To Damothedub:  "I've said it a million times you cant beat Kerry or Kilkenny often enough and by enough, I've stated total admiration for Jack O Connor and all he's achieved and stand by it , but you'd be a long time waiting for similar and more importantly GENUINE respect from Kerry ,only found out how bad they are as losers when we started to beat them god when they were hammering us they were great crack all together afterwards, know exactly know how Tyrone feel towards them , brilliant footballing county , very poor losers"
They went from cute to sour hoors

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19818 - 01/05/2017 21:34:33    1983849

Link

Replying To Damothedub:  "I've said it a million times you cant beat Kerry or Kilkenny often enough and by enough, I've stated total admiration for Jack O Connor and all he's achieved and stand by it , but you'd be a long time waiting for similar and more importantly GENUINE respect from Kerry ,only found out how bad they are as losers when we started to beat them god when they were hammering us they were great crack all together afterwards, know exactly know how Tyrone feel towards them , brilliant footballing county , very poor losers"
You nailed it there Damo.
Very well said.

Sweetness and light for years when they were beating us and everyone else, but their true colours have been shown in recent years.

I have plenty of respect for their achievements but in the main, their sportsmanship or lack thereof, in defeat, leaves a lot to be desired.

Of course some are ok but the majority of them just can't hack been beaten. You would think they have won sweet fanny adam over the years, such is their bitterness.
No one likes to lose, but it is how you deal with defeat and your victors, that measures you...!

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 2862 - 02/05/2017 00:19:30    1983862

Link