Down Forum

Where's our funding?

(Oldest Posts First)

I see the GAA is dividing almost a million euro among Antrim, Carlow, Westmeath and Laois to promote minor and Under 21 hurlen in these counties. This is a real joke. What about Minor/U 21 development in Down, Derry, Armagh, Donegal and Kerry etc. Taking about closing the gap - this is making the gap bigger. Down and Donegal had great success last year winning their respective competitions - some funding would help them kick on and compete at a higher level. Armagh have done well over recent years, but look like they are going backwards. Again funding may help them. This is a kick in the teeth for hurlen gaels in Down, Derry, Deonegal etc. Absolute joke!

downhurlingman (Down) - Posts: 50 - 26/02/2014 15:27:00    1551610

Link

Did we ask for any or have a concerted plan in place for hurling development which needs funding?

bricktop (Down) - Posts: 2430 - 28/02/2014 10:23:11    1552238

Link

The money is not just being handed out to the four counties as downhurlingman and the down senior manager (Irish News yesterday)seem to think
All those counties have to apply on a yearly basis with a coherent strategy and plan, clear measurable objectives and purpose, SWOT analysis etc.. and only then are funds released annually. Bricktop is completely right to pose the question is that happening in Down and you would have to say probably not
A hurling review was announced in Down and as yet still no word of the findings to the best of my knowledge or has the report been released

Tim_Burr (Down) - Posts: 460 - 28/02/2014 11:40:32    1552276

Link

School time;

Strengths
Weaknesses
Opportunities
Threats

If needs be I'd help out mapping a process of improvement with measurable KPI's for our full time coaches who seem to do whatever they want when they want.

;-)

bricktop (Down) - Posts: 2430 - 28/02/2014 13:41:01    1552359

Link