Down Forum

Down Hurling League 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Looking at the division 2 table recently and noticed Warrenpoint had moved from 11 games played to 12 and were awarded a win, at the same time Ballela had a defeat added, was this game played, I can't see any record of it? My understanding was that Ballela were undefeated in the league, have they conceded the game?

Hurler2012 (Down) - Posts: 4 - 31/07/2019 10:45:31    2219023

Link

Replying To Hurler2012:  "Looking at the division 2 table recently and noticed Warrenpoint had moved from 11 games played to 12 and were awarded a win, at the same time Ballela had a defeat added, was this game played, I can't see any record of it? My understanding was that Ballela were undefeated in the league, have they conceded the game?"
Looks like CCC awarded that one. Ballela asked for the game to be moved cause of lads away but Point refused. They shafted Bredagh as well apperently after they asked for a game to be changed then changed there minds.

Frank Mitchell (Down) - Posts: 1057 - 01/08/2019 16:46:04    2219519

Link

Replying To Frank Mitchell:  "Looks like CCC awarded that one. Ballela asked for the game to be moved cause of lads away but Point refused. They shafted Bredagh as well apperently after they asked for a game to be changed then changed there minds."
Frank Mitchell you are 100% right they shafted Ballela and Bredagh good way to win league it's not so many years ago that they were looking games of and teams obliged them I would say they will regret not playing Ballela if they meet in the championship

nosides (Down) - Posts: 229 - 01/08/2019 21:11:51    2219570

Link

Replying To Frank Mitchell:  "Looks like CCC awarded that one. Ballela asked for the game to be moved cause of lads away but Point refused. They shafted Bredagh as well apperently after they asked for a game to be changed then changed there minds."
Frank Mitchell you are 100% right they shafted Ballela and Bredagh good way to win league it's not so many years ago that they were looking games of and teams obliged them I would say they will regret not playing Ballela if they meet in the championship

nosides (Down) - Posts: 229 - 01/08/2019 21:17:20    2219573

Link

From what I hear Ballela were unlucky last night not to beat a good Ballycran team, which wasn't their 3rds I may add. A few less wides from frees as well as a couple of soft goals, which could have been kept out and Ballela would still be in the title race!

Hurler2012 (Down) - Posts: 4 - 02/08/2019 10:20:41    2219671

Link

Replying To Hurler2012:  "From what I hear Ballela were unlucky last night not to beat a good Ballycran team, which wasn't their 3rds I may add. A few less wides from frees as well as a couple of soft goals, which could have been kept out and Ballela would still be in the title race!"
Ho come everytime you get beat there's a excuse a few wides, a bad goal we were playing their seconds ffs catch a grip it was ballycran 3rds never heard as much rubbish in my life.

Therealnumer1 (Down) - Posts: 26 - 03/08/2019 16:25:40    2220104

Link

Replying To Hurler2012:  "From what I hear Ballela were unlucky last night not to beat a good Ballycran team, which wasn't their 3rds I may add. A few less wides from frees as well as a couple of soft goals, which could have been kept out and Ballela would still be in the title race!"
Ho come everytime you get beat there's a excuse a few wides, a bad goal we were playing their seconds ffs catch a grip it was ballycran 3rds never heard as much rubbish in my life.

Therealnumer1 (Down) - Posts: 26 - 03/08/2019 16:59:33    2220114

Link

Because my good friend,its a south down thing,always were and will be playin catch up to ards teams,but never able to reach us,even though paudie sull is tryin to overload county panel with quantity not quality

crannumber2 (Down) - Posts: 242 - 03/08/2019 20:49:30    2220256

Link

Ballela vs Ballyvarley 4-11 0-13

Was down watching this game on Wednesday night as it was sure to be a great encounter. With Ballela flying high this year and Ballyvarley going well too it was sure to be a tough contest.

Ballvarley seemed to be at full strength and started the game off well with a few good unanswered scores, although Ballela seemed to be missing Jonny McCusker?? Big blow for championship! Didnt see Mal Magee either, anyone know whats going on?

The Ballela boys got going and led easily at halftime by 3 goals. Started to get dirty in 2nd half with a red card for Ballyvarley half back - 2nd card this week i heard!!

Ballela corner back and BV forward tangled and got straight reds not long after. Ballyvarley going out and seemed very melicious in the tackle, bad to see this in the modern game.

Ballela ran out winners in the end with some great scores from the young forward line. With these two playing in championship in 2 weeks it'll surely be a well fought contest

onionbag27 (Down) - Posts: 8 - 09/08/2019 14:19:10    2223036

Link

Ballela vs Ballyvarley 4-11 0-13

Was down watching this game on Wednesday night as it was sure to be a great encounter. With Ballela flying high this year and Ballyvarley going well too it was sure to be a tough contest.

Ballvarley seemed to be at full strength and started the game off well with a few good unanswered scores, although Ballela seemed to be missing Jonny McCusker?? Big blow for championship! Didnt see Mal Magee either, anyone know whats going on?

The Ballela boys got going and led easily at halftime by 3 goals. Started to get dirty in 2nd half with a red card for Ballyvarley half back - 2nd card this week i heard!!

Ballela corner back and BV forward tangled and got straight reds not long after. Ballyvarley going out and seemed very melicious in the tackle, bad to see this in the modern game.

Ballela ran out winners in the end with some great scores from the young forward line. With these two playing in championship in 2 weeks it'll surely be a well fought contest

onionbag27 (Down) - Posts: 8 - 09/08/2019 14:21:10    2223038

Link

Replying To onionbag27:  "Ballela vs Ballyvarley 4-11 0-13

Ballela ran out winners in the end with some great scores from the young forward line. With these two playing in championship in 2 weeks it'll surely be a well fought contest"
Good to see a lot of young players starting to come through at Ballela.J mcCusker cant play forever.McGreevy and the 2 Harrison brothers are ones to watch.

Aimfortheblackspot28 (Down) - Posts: 1 - 15/08/2019 22:05:24    2226197

Link