Derry Forum

Derry Vs Kildare

(Oldest Posts First)

I'm not looking back on the Donegal match; don't even want to think about it. Derry have a chance to overcome Kildare if they practice shooting and improve tacking. Just hoping we don't go out of the championship so soon.

oakleafersir (Derry) - Posts: 785 - 03/06/2018 18:52:53    2106980

Link

I think we'll pip Kildare on Sat (even without BR marshaling the edge of the square). Shot selection was poor last Sunday...hopefully it all comes together @ Owenbeg. I'd start James Kielt.
It would be nice to see a big crowd in, though the time doesn't really lend itself to a bumper crowd (not that we're famed for our bumper crowds!)

Seamy_Hendrix (Derry) - Posts: 45 - 05/06/2018 09:36:09    2107556

Link

https://twitter.com/Doiregaa/status/1004101231462289409

Lets get to Owenbeg on Saturday and get behind the team

oakleaflad (Derry) - Posts: 40 - 07/06/2018 13:43:39    2108374

Link

Replying To oakleaflad:  "https://twitter.com/Doiregaa/status/1004101231462289409

Lets get to Owenbeg on Saturday and get behind the team"
I hear Joe brolly will manage next year.

Bernardo (Monaghan) - Posts: 468 - 07/06/2018 21:48:22    2108524

Link

Replying To Bernardo:  "I hear Joe brolly will manage next year."
Not sure how this is related to the topic or my post. Was it a genuine question or supposed to be some form of a joke? Joe Brolly managing - an underage side up at St.Brigids in Belfast next year would seem most likely and fair play to him if he does. If it's the county side you are referring to then I would highly doubt it.

oakleaflad (Derry) - Posts: 40 - 08/06/2018 13:02:09    2108668

Link

Does anyone know how the season ticket works for the Kildare game? The system seems to have taken payment for my tickets but there is no option on the website to print them out. It does mention card/badge in one column on the 'my tickets' page, so I am assuming that it is a matter of presenting the card for scanning. I think I remember this being the case before for qualifiers in Owenbeg but I am not totally sure.

doiregael2 (Derry) - Posts: 330 - 08/06/2018 19:42:01    2108785

Link

A poor year all round. Hopefully the minors and u20s can do the business in the coming weeks, would be a much needed lift for the county

Seamy_Hendrix (Derry) - Posts: 45 - 11/06/2018 11:43:28    2109854

Link

Replying To Seamy_Hendrix:  "A poor year all round. Hopefully the minors and u20s can do the business in the coming weeks, would be a much needed lift for the county"
agree Seamy - a mixture of the Slaughtneil men being missing and McFaul and Keenan leaving the panel didnt help our cause in the league and now we find ourselves languishing in the basement - as for the championship - we conceded 4.38 in 2 games so Damien knows what he has to fix - we also need everyone available - the likes of Keenan and McFaul & Sammy bradley who declined to join the panel - Dermot McBride etc - hopefully the u20`s win ulster and the minors (U17`s) get to the ulster final and we have some lads coming through - it just completely baffles me how we are so succesful at underage but just cant seem to carry it over into senior - teams like Carlow and Fermanagh on the rise and on this the 11th anniv of Eamonn Coleman we are at our lowest ebb - it really has been an alarming fall from grace - i personally think someone like M.Moran should be brought into the senior set up in an advisory role or some way at least

doirebhoy (Derry) - Posts: 344 - 11/06/2018 12:21:47    2109895

Link

Replying To doirebhoy:  "agree Seamy - a mixture of the Slaughtneil men being missing and McFaul and Keenan leaving the panel didnt help our cause in the league and now we find ourselves languishing in the basement - as for the championship - we conceded 4.38 in 2 games so Damien knows what he has to fix - we also need everyone available - the likes of Keenan and McFaul & Sammy bradley who declined to join the panel - Dermot McBride etc - hopefully the u20`s win ulster and the minors (U17`s) get to the ulster final and we have some lads coming through - it just completely baffles me how we are so succesful at underage but just cant seem to carry it over into senior - teams like Carlow and Fermanagh on the rise and on this the 11th anniv of Eamonn Coleman we are at our lowest ebb - it really has been an alarming fall from grace - i personally think someone like M.Moran should be brought into the senior set up in an advisory role or some way at least"
We didn't win a minor game for years before Damien took over so there was no underage success to translate to seniors. Will be another couple years before we see the transition of those successful young sides to potential senior players.

oakleaflad (Derry) - Posts: 40 - 12/06/2018 12:47:12    2110488

Link