USA Forum

NY GAA 2017

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Gaa Fan:  "Where did you find the result of the Rockland v St. Barnabas game? I cant find any results from this weekend.
Thanks."
@ GAA FAN, sorry i saw it on Rockland GAA Facebook page. Think there were about 4 points in it.

NarrowBack914 (USA) - Posts: 174 - 09/07/2017 17:32:02    2013172

Link

Replying To NarrowBack914:  "@ GAA FAN, sorry i saw it on Rockland GAA Facebook page. Think there were about 4 points in it."
Thanks.

Gaa Fan (USA) - Posts: 493 - 09/07/2017 17:34:41    2013174

Link

Replying To Gaa Fan:  "Thanks."
Result of that game are not on any GAA website. The Monaghan v Donegal shows two different results on the 2 websites. Monaghan win either way but are the schedules correct and same on both ?

Crossgaa (Mayo) - Posts: 534 - 10/07/2017 13:36:18    2014019

Link

Replying To Crossgaa:  "Result of that game are not on any GAA website. The Monaghan v Donegal shows two different results on the 2 websites. Monaghan win either way but are the schedules correct and same on both ?"
The Rockland v St. Barnabas game was rained-out. Came to Rockland yesterday and asked a Rockland official.

Gaa Fan (USA) - Posts: 493 - 10/07/2017 18:17:12    2014349

Link

Replying To Gaa Fan:  "The Rockland v St. Barnabas game was rained-out. Came to Rockland yesterday and asked a Rockland official."
That Junior A match was not rained out. Spoke to 3 Barnabas boys today who said they lost to Rockland, something like 3-13 to 2-12.

NarrowBack914 (USA) - Posts: 174 - 11/07/2017 00:12:39    2014636

Link

Replying To NarrowBack914:  "That Junior A match was not rained out. Spoke to 3 Barnabas boys today who said they lost to Rockland, something like 3-13 to 2-12."
Games played away from gaelic park need to have a point person to post scores. It took a long time to find out this result and with conflicting score lines.

Crossgaa (Mayo) - Posts: 534 - 11/07/2017 17:05:38    2015087

Link

Replying To Crossgaa:  "Games played away from gaelic park need to have a point person to post scores. It took a long time to find out this result and with conflicting score lines."
Result now posted on one website: Rockland 2-15; Barnabas 0-06

Gaa Fan (USA) - Posts: 493 - 11/07/2017 21:20:25    2015253

Link

Replying To Gaa Fan:  "Result now posted on one website: Rockland 2-15; Barnabas 0-06"
Wow, didn't think score was that bad, but boys did say they got crushed. Score I put up was what I was told.

NarrowBack914 (USA) - Posts: 174 - 11/07/2017 22:02:08    2015277

Link

Great to see matches are back at Gaelic Park. Was a loaded schedule yesterday, anyone at matches? Looking on website, match packed schedule listed from now til September.

NarrowBack914 (USA) - Posts: 174 - 17/07/2017 13:04:47    2018091

Link

Anybody at the park last few days? Talked to couple players, they said they love the new surface of the pitch. Scores last 2 days have been really low for the teams involved...any reports on the matches??

NarrowBack914 (USA) - Posts: 174 - 19/07/2017 13:15:58    2019243

Link

This has to be the worst year for interest in the Football over in GP ever...
Usually this site would be a buzz about who is out, what team is front runner, who is playing illegal players... but nothing at all.
What are the attendances like on Sunday's?
Is there anyway back for the Park?

whistler (USA) - Posts: 103 - 27/07/2017 18:03:06    2024599

Link

It has been so drawn out and the fact finals wont be until October when most teams probably wont field has just taken all buzz away from it. No one cares. New surface should not have been allowed May/June if the NY county board had any say with the College which obviously they do not. I looked at the schedule and there is loads of games in rockland why were these not being played in May / June up there so that the thing could still be completed by early september. Longford have 3 midweek games in Rockland while Rockland have their games in GP. Seriously what is that about!!

Patsy1916 (USA) - Posts: 136 - 28/07/2017 15:05:15    2024930

Link

if there is to be any positive around the delay this year, the money spent seems to be down, as the students/imports will not be around in October. although Donegal have, as usual, taken a good few county men out.... mcniallais, mcloone and mcbrearty from their native county.

NYCcavanman (USA) - Posts: 202 - 28/07/2017 17:26:47    2025037

Link

Good day in the park yesterday with 3 football matches decided by less than 3 points. competitive games on a hot day. decent showings by underdogs Barnabas in Senior and Manhattan in Junior A.

NYCcavanman (USA) - Posts: 202 - 31/07/2017 15:57:05    2026752

Link

Did not see the junior games but have to say I really did enjoy the IFC and SFC games. Intermediate game had a very exciting last 15 minutes and only for an outrageous goal line save by the sligo full back the brooklyn boys would have got the win. A draw probably would have been a fair result. Sligo hot favorites for the IFC now. Thought Kerry were in cruise control but Barnabas would not go away without a fight and i think another 5 minutes they probably would have won. Hard to know what way the SFC will go. Pitch looked in great shape!!!

Patsy1916 (USA) - Posts: 136 - 31/07/2017 16:31:05    2026777

Link

Replying To Patsy1916:  "Did not see the junior games but have to say I really did enjoy the IFC and SFC games. Intermediate game had a very exciting last 15 minutes and only for an outrageous goal line save by the sligo full back the brooklyn boys would have got the win. A draw probably would have been a fair result. Sligo hot favorites for the IFC now. Thought Kerry were in cruise control but Barnabas would not go away without a fight and i think another 5 minutes they probably would have won. Hard to know what way the SFC will go. Pitch looked in great shape!!!"
Agree they were two good games. Brooklyn really got stuck in the second half and made a great game of it. Wouldn't be surprised to see the same two teams in final. Barnabas put it up to Kerry who looked very unfit in some sectors. The O'Connor brothers could do damage around the full forward line if they could get a better supply of ball. The free taking off the ground was exceptional by both #11's. Attendance poor but a lot of people travel this time of year I suppose.

Crossgaa (Mayo) - Posts: 534 - 31/07/2017 18:36:37    2026853

Link

So the board has been quiet for a good bit. Looking at the standings now, teams are starting to pull away a bit. Senior we all knew would be between Donegal and Monaghan, Inter is shaping up pretty good between Sligo, Longford and Mayo, Junior A seems to be between Rockland and Donegal. Question thou, if Rockland win out Junior A will no team advance to Inters seeing as they have an Inter team already? Junior B appears to be a 3 horse race between Celtics, Rangers and Rockland. Who's everyones picks for each division?? I'll go with Monaghan in Senior, Sligo in Inter, Donegal in Junior A and Rangers in Junior B.

NarrowBack914 (USA) - Posts: 174 - 08/08/2017 12:45:03    2030950

Link

Replying To NarrowBack914:  "So the board has been quiet for a good bit. Looking at the standings now, teams are starting to pull away a bit. Senior we all knew would be between Donegal and Monaghan, Inter is shaping up pretty good between Sligo, Longford and Mayo, Junior A seems to be between Rockland and Donegal. Question thou, if Rockland win out Junior A will no team advance to Inters seeing as they have an Inter team already? Junior B appears to be a 3 horse race between Celtics, Rangers and Rockland. Who's everyones picks for each division?? I'll go with Monaghan in Senior, Sligo in Inter, Donegal in Junior A and Rangers in Junior B."
From what I can see, the majority of games have been very competitive and finish with close margins i.ie Donegal Kerry on Sunday. Rockland are doing superb in both juniors, serious credit to the amount of adult players they are churning out. I would imagine Cork will win Junior A pretty easily though after dropping down from senior. Longford for inters and Donegal for Senior.

NYCcavanman (USA) - Posts: 202 - 08/08/2017 14:58:57    2031074

Link

Replying To NYCcavanman:  "From what I can see, the majority of games have been very competitive and finish with close margins i.ie Donegal Kerry on Sunday. Rockland are doing superb in both juniors, serious credit to the amount of adult players they are churning out. I would imagine Cork will win Junior A pretty easily though after dropping down from senior. Longford for inters and Donegal for Senior."
Great games this year despite late start. Junior very competitive with Celtics the front runners. JuniorcA wide open but Raymond's should prevail in the end. Inter is looking like Sligo and longford but you never know there. Westmeath and Leitrim very poor so far. Senior is a 3 horse race with Cavan not doing much. Barnabas doing well but not chalking up wins so I'd pick Donegal and Kerry for final ulster won senior hurling and will win junior aswell. That's my account

Crossgaa (Mayo) - Posts: 534 - 09/08/2017 11:20:34    2031490

Link

Replying To Crossgaa:  "Great games this year despite late start. Junior very competitive with Celtics the front runners. JuniorcA wide open but Raymond's should prevail in the end. Inter is looking like Sligo and longford but you never know there. Westmeath and Leitrim very poor so far. Senior is a 3 horse race with Cavan not doing much. Barnabas doing well but not chalking up wins so I'd pick Donegal and Kerry for final ulster won senior hurling and will win junior aswell. That's my account"
Ah Cross, St Rays better start getting points if their going to prevail. They haven't looked the best as of late. The Celtics do look strong, they could nip Junior B. Agree Sligo and Longford are looking like the 2 strongest in Inters. As far as Senior goes, you left out Monaghan who look the best prepared to face Donegal in the final. All to play for now.

NarrowBack914 (USA) - Posts: 174 - 09/08/2017 14:43:22    2031607

Link