Monaghan Forum

Malachy's Successor

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To hardcore:  "What has Rochford won at County level...............had the best Mayo team in 50 years in their prime and blew an All Ireland by listening to the O'Sheas about dropping David Clarke.....................wasted Lee Keegan by leaving him on Connolly to pull and drag him around Croke park instead of letting him loose to attack Dublin!!

Listen People getting who we want to manage Monaghan is gonna be very hard,unless they are a proven winner at county level then we might as well have a Monaghan man incharge instead of paying some bluffer thousands to not give a shit and walk away laughing while we let the last few years of this team fall asunder.

Tony McEntee talks alot of crap in the paper,thats putting me off him

Gallagher is poision and should not be let near a football field

Aidan O'Rourke more crap talking

There isnt anyone out there bar Jim McGunniess,or Pat Gilroy to take us to the next level..........they are winners."
Couldn't have summed it up any better myself regarding all the candidates you outlined there. I have to laugh at Aidan O' Rourke who thinks that swallowing a dictionary and coming out with unadulterated rubbish makes him look like he would make a top manager.. Bluffer springs to mind and same with tony McEntee

Regarding Rochford when you see pictures of him lying up beside Aidan O' Sea at a intercounty game and them in the middle of pushing for an all Ireland that says enough to me.....and it cost mayo an all Ireland listening to both the O' Sea's who now will probably never win one as a result of their personal interests

We don't have a hope of getting Pat Gilroy who was told before he stepped down from the Dublin hurlers "its either your job or hurling" by his employers who are a huge company in Dublin

mick2007 (Monaghan) - Posts: 217 - 07/08/2019 14:28:59    2222196

Link

Replying To Shelbourne1:  "I'm reliably informed that CB have refused to give Banty/Gallagher the job primarily because of players objections. Instead CB are keen to offer the position to top Dublin figure !"
Mick Bohan...

GerryD (Monaghan) - Posts: 314 - 07/08/2019 22:00:55    2222473

Link

...after Roscommon contacted him to replace McStay:

But he insists that the only county outside of Dublin that he would get involved with is Clare, given that his late father hails from the county and he spent a year as part of Colm Collins' Banner management team in 2016.

Some persuading needed it would seem?

moodoo (Monaghan) - Posts: 357 - 08/08/2019 10:13:38    2222591

Link

Rochford confirmed he's happy with donegal and not interested in a managerial role.

monaghanmad (Monaghan) - Posts: 139 - 09/08/2019 10:50:52    2222961

Link

The examiner on Wednesday saying McEntee the leading contender

seanie08 (Monaghan) - Posts: 1403 - 09/08/2019 11:32:05    2222977

Link

Who would the Dubs appoint if Jim Gavin were to leave.......that's the man CB want !

Shelbourne1 (Monaghan) - Posts: 151 - 09/08/2019 14:53:22    2223058

Link

Replying To Shelbourne1:  "Who would the Dubs appoint if Jim Gavin were to leave.......that's the man CB want !"
How do you make that out?

Bernardo (Monaghan) - Posts: 469 - 11/08/2019 05:58:40    2223779

Link

Replying To Bernardo:  "How do you make that out?"
I wouldn't expect a cavan man to understand that simple statement !

Shelbourne1 (Monaghan) - Posts: 151 - 11/08/2019 15:27:40    2224005

Link

How do ypu manage all your usernames and passwords? A colour chart on your bedroom wall? Or mnemonic system maybe? Do tell.

Eddie the Exile (Monaghan) - Posts: 687 - 11/08/2019 17:51:07    2224134

Link

Replying To Shelbourne1:  "I wouldn't expect a cavan man to understand that simple statement !"
Connor mcmanus is quoted as saying he wants a strong manager. What is a strong manager? Jim mcguinness!

Think we are short a few forwards and a midfielder to move to the next level. No strong manager can fix this unless he can find new talent

Bernardo (Monaghan) - Posts: 469 - 12/08/2019 21:53:36    2224922

Link

I dont think a strong manager is necessarily a big name.. and there's no doubt that there is some re-building needed. it has to be remembered also that we weren't at full strength for much of 2019 and that's probably the only silver lining for this year...

I seen on the sunday game - i think it was mcstaying saying - the conditioning process is a 3-4 year program so in reality even if we do have a decent minor coming through - we need a manager who can mould the younger ones and keep them hungry and interested for them 3 / 4 years...unless ur eg. david clifford its unlikely ul get a starting place in senior county at 18/19 years old.

MalsBalls (Monaghan) - Posts: 80 - 13/08/2019 08:27:22    2225003

Link

Replying To Bernardo:  "Connor mcmanus is quoted as saying he wants a strong manager. What is a strong manager? Jim mcguinness!

Think we are short a few forwards and a midfielder to move to the next level. No strong manager can fix this unless he can find new talent"
One N in Conor :-)

Strong manager -- new ideas on the game, courage of their convictions and well respected perhaps

conjack76 (Monaghan) - Posts: 57 - 13/08/2019 16:24:02    2225173

Link

Jack O'Connor will be a great appointment for Kildare - he has an excellent CV, is a proven winner and it will be interesting to see how Kildare progress over the next couple of seasons under this stewardship. It would be great to get someone of that ability at the helm in Monaghan.

Forget Jim Gavin's replacement - we should go for Jim Gavin himself! Most unlikely I know but imagine he stepped down after the five in a row and could be persuaded to get involved with a little county like us (in any capacity). If Jim was able to deliver Ulster Titles and SAM to the Farney Army on top of the five in a row for the Dubs, imagine how that would silence all those who believe Dublin's success is more about the money, resources available, sponsorship, numbers .... and less about the incredible JG and his background team.

With the current state of affairs in the GAA Football Championships and lack of real competition for the Dubs perhaps a man of JG's ambition would be motivated to consider such a left of field proposal? There is no doubt he would go down as the greatest Manager of all time if he were to make the switch, achieve all of the above while also generating some interest and passion, which is badly needed, to the football championships . Here's hoping!

OrielPower (Monaghan) - Posts: 95 - 14/08/2019 10:27:47    2225430

Link

Replying To OrielPower:  "Jack O'Connor will be a great appointment for Kildare - he has an excellent CV, is a proven winner and it will be interesting to see how Kildare progress over the next couple of seasons under this stewardship. It would be great to get someone of that ability at the helm in Monaghan.

Forget Jim Gavin's replacement - we should go for Jim Gavin himself! Most unlikely I know but imagine he stepped down after the five in a row and could be persuaded to get involved with a little county like us (in any capacity). If Jim was able to deliver Ulster Titles and SAM to the Farney Army on top of the five in a row for the Dubs, imagine how that would silence all those who believe Dublin's success is more about the money, resources available, sponsorship, numbers .... and less about the incredible JG and his background team.

With the current state of affairs in the GAA Football Championships and lack of real competition for the Dubs perhaps a man of JG's ambition would be motivated to consider such a left of field proposal? There is no doubt he would go down as the greatest Manager of all time if he were to make the switch, achieve all of the above while also generating some interest and passion, which is badly needed, to the football championships . Here's hoping!"
Lay off the Brandy. I came here for a look to see what the thoughts were on a new Monaghan Manager, wasn't expecting a comedy sketch.

LaoisforSam (Laois) - Posts: 128 - 14/08/2019 11:31:31    2225460

Link

Replying To OrielPower:  "Jack O'Connor will be a great appointment for Kildare - he has an excellent CV, is a proven winner and it will be interesting to see how Kildare progress over the next couple of seasons under this stewardship. It would be great to get someone of that ability at the helm in Monaghan.

With the current state of affairs in the GAA Football Championships and lack of real competition for the Dubs perhaps a man of JG's ambition would be motivated to consider such a left of field proposal? There is no doubt he would go down as the greatest Manager of all time if he were to make the switch, achieve all of the above while also generating some interest and passion, which is badly needed, to the football championships . Here's hoping!"
I think you'll find Jim in staying put until 2022 at the latest in the capital, signed a new deal this year

222 (UK) - Posts: 508 - 14/08/2019 11:43:00    2225469

Link

Lads, about 90% of the posts on here are from the same lad, he was having a good laugh about it at the Gowna Cootehill match on the weekend so I had to check it out. Doing a good wind up job to be fair, even I wouldnt have tbought of Jim Gavin. His team only scored 3 points and will be relegated in the championship so he needs something in his life I suppose!

MadgeKing (Cavan) - Posts: 432 - 14/08/2019 12:17:43    2225490

Link

Replying To LaoisforSam:  "Lay off the Brandy. I came here for a look to see what the thoughts were on a new Monaghan Manager, wasn't expecting a comedy sketch."
It appears this is a neighbours child & not a Monaghan supporter. If you read back you will be able to identify the real Monaghan supporters.

greysoil (Monaghan) - Posts: 679 - 14/08/2019 13:27:25    2225554

Link

Anyone know when new manager will be announced. Presuming will be done this month.

seanie08 (Monaghan) - Posts: 1403 - 15/08/2019 14:16:35    2226010

Link

Replying To seanie08:  "Anyone know when new manager will be announced. Presuming will be done this month."
I'm told CB have got their man...no name given but my informant sounded very positive .....keep the faith folks !

Shelbourne1 (Monaghan) - Posts: 151 - 16/08/2019 16:20:23    2226473

Link

Replying To Shelbourne1:  "I'm told CB have got their man...no name given but my informant sounded very positive .....keep the faith folks !"
The Dublin lad ?

seanie08 (Monaghan) - Posts: 1403 - 16/08/2019 17:28:50    2226513

Link