Monaghan Forum

Malachy's Successor

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

I believe Fermanagh, by appointing Ryan McMenamin with Paul McIver and Joe McMahon will have a better management team that what Monaghan will have if Banty is appointed.

shaggylegend (Monaghan) - Posts: 1824 - 26/08/2019 21:42:30    2229566

Link

Fair play for keeping an open mind Adler, that's not easy given the news we're bring presented with. Like you say, the wrong appointment was made in 2010, and that wasted 2 years of this squad. We don't have another 2 years to waste now.

I just can't believe that Banty was the 'best' of what was available. I wouldn't have been McEntees biggest fan, but surely he would have presented at least as bringing a fresh approach?

Given the mess that Banty made of the u20s this year, and his failure at Meath and Wexford, under what scenario would he be the best candidate? The mind boggles.

It's a hard sell to us, but imagine how hard a sell it's going to be to the players?
I'm afraid I don't share your open mindedness on this one Alder. I fear a downward spiral.

moodoo (Monaghan) - Posts: 350 - 26/08/2019 21:52:43    2229572

Link

Replying To moodoo:  "Fair play for keeping an open mind Adler, that's not easy given the news we're bring presented with. Like you say, the wrong appointment was made in 2010, and that wasted 2 years of this squad. We don't have another 2 years to waste now.

I just can't believe that Banty was the 'best' of what was available. I wouldn't have been McEntees biggest fan, but surely he would have presented at least as bringing a fresh approach?

Given the mess that Banty made of the u20s this year, and his failure at Meath and Wexford, under what scenario would he be the best candidate? The mind boggles.

It's a hard sell to us, but imagine how hard a sell it's going to be to the players?
I'm afraid I don't share your open mindedness on this one Alder. I fear a downward spiral."
Unfortunately,I believe the rumours are true. I for one will not attend one Monaghan senior game while he is there. Hopefully some of the sponsors will put a stop to this nonsense.

seamusorinn (USA) - Posts: 78 - 26/08/2019 22:45:25    2229600

Link

Until it's written in black and white on the Monaghan GAA website page then I won't believe these rumours.

monaghanmad (Monaghan) - Posts: 127 - 27/08/2019 09:56:15    2229676

Link

Incredibly ... and unfortunately ... starting to believe that Banty is indeed going to reappointed.

On his management record since 2012, zero justification for this shockingly poor decision. Doubt many supportes outside Corduff / regulars in the Fiddlers will be in any way impressed. God knows what the players ... who were surely consulted ... think.

McEntee obvioulsy rubbed them up the wrong way.

As mentioned previously, the Sunday omnibus of East Enders or even Ski Sunday are looking quite attractive suddenly.

We could be looking back on 2019 as a pretty decent year for Monaghan football after all ..... soon enough :((((

Mon79 (Monaghan) - Posts: 79 - 27/08/2019 10:28:24    2229699

Link

I seriously doubt that he will be reappointed. If he is we will see a rush of retirements me thinks.

greysoil (Monaghan) - Posts: 673 - 27/08/2019 10:52:26    2229707

Link

Replying To greysoil:  "I seriously doubt that he will be reappointed. If he is we will see a rush of retirements me thinks."
I seriously doubed it too ... until this morning. Very hopful it's fake news .... but it's not sounding like that.

Mon79 (Monaghan) - Posts: 79 - 27/08/2019 11:05:19    2229714

Link

Unpopular opinion:

Once upon a time, we were delighted to have Banty at the helm! We eulogised his impact and put him next to the Sacred Heart on the mantel piece….
Like him or loath him, give me a man who wants to put his heart and soul into a job over a mercenary any day. #BantyShuffle

GerryD (Monaghan) - Posts: 311 - 27/08/2019 12:11:18    2229743

Link

Banty is a ducker, a diver, a wheeler-dealer. It was OK 10 or 15 years ago when we were coming from nowhere - green diesel, cash in hand, nod and a wink, sure aren't we great fellas, we're just here for the craic anyway. We have moved on. Giving the job to Banty sends out a 'we're not really serious about this' message.

Don't kid yourself about Bantys intentions. Is he doing it for the love of his county? Is he heck. Money talks.

moodoo (Monaghan) - Posts: 350 - 27/08/2019 13:01:08    2229777

Link

Replying To GerryD:  "Unpopular opinion:

Once upon a time, we were delighted to have Banty at the helm! We eulogised his impact and put him next to the Sacred Heart on the mantel piece….
Like him or loath him, give me a man who wants to put his heart and soul into a job over a mercenary any day. #BantyShuffle"
Once upon a time, we were delighted to have an ass & cart to bring us into town .....

greysoil (Monaghan) - Posts: 673 - 27/08/2019 13:56:36    2229809

Link

Is it true that the appointment is being put off until after September 15th out of respect for the Dublin ladies?

222 (UK) - Posts: 507 - 27/08/2019 14:18:54    2229816

Link

Replying To 222:  "Is it true that the appointment is being put off until after September 15th out of respect for the Dublin ladies?"
No

greysoil (Monaghan) - Posts: 673 - 27/08/2019 15:36:02    2229834

Link

Replying To moodoo:  "Banty is a ducker, a diver, a wheeler-dealer. It was OK 10 or 15 years ago when we were coming from nowhere - green diesel, cash in hand, nod and a wink, sure aren't we great fellas, we're just here for the craic anyway. We have moved on. Giving the job to Banty sends out a 'we're not really serious about this' message.

Don't kid yourself about Bantys intentions. Is he doing it for the love of his county? Is he heck. Money talks."
Seriously??? Would suggest the opposite - 100% doing it for the right reasons.

GerryD (Monaghan) - Posts: 311 - 27/08/2019 15:47:16    2229838

Link

Replying To GerryD:  "Seriously??? Would suggest the opposite - 100% doing it for the right reasons."
No appointment has been made yet...if Banty was 1st choice then his appointment would have been announced by now. Hopefully our Dublin target is achievable and better to wait until after AI final (ladies ?) .

Shelbourne1 (Monaghan) - Posts: 151 - 27/08/2019 17:31:03    2229877

Link

Banty is appointed, will be confirmed this week. There was never anyone from Dublin involved. McEntee the only other person put forward, didn't come across well. Banty will do well good backroom team and is full of passion and that's all we can ask for.
It doesn't matter who we get as like all the other small counties we are only making up the numbers. Our gold should be to win Ulster in the next 3/4 years as that's as far as we can go. we don't have the population and that's never going to change, there is not much work in rural border counties and we will always lose players who will eventually live and work in Dublin.

patmouse (Monaghan) - Posts: 15 - 27/08/2019 17:54:30    2229881

Link

Replying To patmouse:  "Banty is appointed, will be confirmed this week. There was never anyone from Dublin involved. McEntee the only other person put forward, didn't come across well. Banty will do well good backroom team and is full of passion and that's all we can ask for.
It doesn't matter who we get as like all the other small counties we are only making up the numbers. Our gold should be to win Ulster in the next 3/4 years as that's as far as we can go. we don't have the population and that's never going to change, there is not much work in rural border counties and we will always lose players who will eventually live and work in Dublin."
FFS another imposter.

greysoil (Monaghan) - Posts: 673 - 27/08/2019 18:55:42    2229895

Link

Replying To greysoil:  "FFS another imposter."
another very obvious imposter from Cavan !

Shelbourne1 (Monaghan) - Posts: 151 - 27/08/2019 20:13:59    2229919

Link

Replying To Shelbourne1:  "another very obvious imposter from Cavan !"
Same old nonsense so obviously the same person - how many accounts & email addresses can one lad have. Seriously would any normal person be bothered ?

greysoil (Monaghan) - Posts: 673 - 27/08/2019 21:13:47    2229938

Link

Replying To moodoo:  "Fair play for keeping an open mind Adler, that's not easy given the news we're bring presented with. Like you say, the wrong appointment was made in 2010, and that wasted 2 years of this squad. We don't have another 2 years to waste now.

I'm afraid I don't share your open mindedness on this one Alder. I fear a downward spiral."
In the wrong appointment in 2010, are you saying Eamon McEneaney was wrong? In fairness let's remember the team he inherited. Wrecked, in bad need a of and had to get remedial work. Players not fit to play after the previous term. So Eamon was dealt a bad hand, and got the graveyard shift with the team he had. Then of course the Meath set up benefitted from the the excellent training and rehabilitation donation, of equipment brought with their new management and back room team, to Monaghans loss. Consider the total public humiliation of the Ballybay keeper and we soon see what lies ahead. It seems that only the first 20 players will be used from the McKenna Cup right through to the Championship, so if your not in that group you may as well pack your bags and go home. Eamon's fault was probably that he couldn't leave his teachers hat behind, like most of them in that profession. I really thought this group of officers on the County Board were progressive thinkers, alas it seems not.

TheTruagh(t) (Monaghan) - Posts: 10 - 27/08/2019 21:41:37    2229950

Link

If Banty is nominated by the county executive. It might be time for the club's to vote Banty out like they did in 2010.

shaggylegend (Monaghan) - Posts: 1824 - 27/08/2019 22:38:23    2229968

Link