Galway Forum

Galway V Mayo

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

This Galway team were going nowhere with this management team anyways, if there is a silver from what is another horror show is KW is gone this evening

Galway4ever (Galway) - Posts: 98 - 06/07/2019 20:03:56    2206429

Link

Poor enough stuff from Galway. Lack of fight. Poor penalty. Surely there will be a need for a change of Manager now.

galwayford (Galway) - Posts: 1770 - 06/07/2019 20:23:49    2206441

Link

Replying To galwayfan:  "Good. I hope not to see Kerin play rugby on a GAA field again. Fouling constantly. Well done Walsh on subbing him well before halftime."
Yes, but Walsh put him there, and all the other choices that had to be undone.
Well, that's that.
Another season wasted with bad tactics.
When they made a bit of a comeback a total and stupid lack of discipline wasted the remaining time and chances.
The amount of time they took to take frees when chasing the game showed that they were bereft of ideas.
The late cards and sendings off, all deserved, killed their chance. No excuse for that.
Let's hope we get a new manager who wants the team to play football next year.

Mayfair (Galway) - Posts: 52 - 06/07/2019 20:44:30    2206460

Link

The Kevin era is surely over. The selections yet again were baffling. His loyalty to some players is baffling. Brought Molloy on with 5/10 to go. Didn't even bring Conroy on!?? Reason? Flynn didn't look fit. Along with Connaught Final, one of the only bad games I've seen Liam Silke play, was very bad throughout and then topped it by missing penalty. Brought off Farragher, who was at least lively, left Heaney on!?
I could go all night. Fresh slate next year hopefully. Don't think our neighbors will go too far in super 8s with games coming thick and fast on top of the 3 they've already played since Roscommon game. In reality, getting knocked out might be a blessing in disguise.

cavan.galway (Galway) - Posts: 84 - 06/07/2019 21:00:54    2206480

Link

Replying To Mayfair:  "Yes, but Walsh put him there, and all the other choices that had to be undone.
Well, that's that.
When they made a bit of a comeback a total and stupid lack of discipline wasted the remaining time and chances.
The amount of time they took to take frees when chasing the game showed that they were bereft of ideas.
The late cards and sendings off, all deserved, killed their chance. No excuse for that.
Let's hope we get a new manager who wants the team to play football next year."
What should happen now...
First off, Walsh and co should walk, of course.l
Kevin O'Brien should ideally get a shot.
A lot of people should apologize to Ruairi Lavelle.

marooney (Galway) - Posts: 87 - 06/07/2019 21:02:33    2206481

Link

Devastated . A lot of poor decisions throughout the match. Many of these decisions stopped galway when they had the momentum .The better team won.A fully fit Comer would have gotten us the win I think . Our forward lines conversion rate very poor

Positives from the game
GOD gets a lot of stick on here as if he over the hill i thought he was a proper leader when things were really going against us. Kept the lads with their heads up in the first way when the game looked to be getting away from is
Mayo tried to intimidate o Laoi and he was having none of it
Cooke in the first half scored some absolute beauties
Shane's goal
Galway played some really good football at times and some players fought until the end

Most disappointing part of the day was not the loss it was the reaction of delight from some galway fans at Powers mistake. As always I think we have some supporters that have no business being at a game (or have internet access). How can you be happy when a guy representing your county (who I'd put money on they dont know personally so couldn't have a valid reason for disliking him) makes a mistake. We as a group of supporters are an embarrassment to our county.

I dont think Mayo will get to the semi final. I'd love to see Roscommon have a right go at it

galwayfball (Galway) - Posts: 1117 - 06/07/2019 21:06:49    2206485

Link

Second year in a row we gave a penalty to the player on the field that's having the worst game, Silke was shocking all day he should never have been given the penalty! Only for Peter Cooke and John Daly they game would have been a total and utter embarrassment!! Hopefully the next manager had the right address as it seems to be massively important to Galway people

Ninnallik (Galway) - Posts: 43 - 06/07/2019 21:15:18    2206492

Link

Replying To Mayfair:  "Yes, but Walsh put him there, and all the other choices that had to be undone.
Well, that's that.
Let's hope we get a new manager who wants the team to play football next year."
I'm distraught.... I dunno where to start, we asked for power, he made the blunder that set the tone, we asked for SAOC to be dropped, this opened up the hole for the second goal, he had a massive impact upon introduction... we say Shane Walsh is a great player, he has no impact until 69 minutes, let me mme not here about great players again.. they are forged in the heat of battle... we have said Ian Burke is a genius, he had his impact as he ran to the line.. we asked for Farragher.. no impact..
The management is now hopefully gone and maybe that will see potential reached but I'm severely doubting our ability.. well done Peter Cooke

Mickhiggins (Galway) - Posts: 52 - 06/07/2019 21:17:38    2206497

Link

Replying To galwayfball:  "Devastated . A lot of poor decisions throughout the match. Many of these decisions stopped galway when they had the momentum .The better team won.A fully fit Comer would have gotten us the win I think . Our forward lines conversion rate very poor

Positives from the game
GOD gets a lot of stick on here as if he over the hill i thought he was a proper leader when things were really going against us. Kept the lads with their heads up in the first way when the game looked to be getting away from is
Mayo tried to intimidate o Laoi and he was having none of it
Cooke in the first half scored some absolute beauties
Shane's goal
Galway played some really good football at times and some players fought until the end

Most disappointing part of the day was not the loss it was the reaction of delight from some galway fans at Powers mistake. As always I think we have some supporters that have no business being at a game (or have internet access). How can you be happy when a guy representing your county (who I'd put money on they dont know personally so couldn't have a valid reason for disliking him) makes a mistake. We as a group of supporters are an embarrassment to our county.

I dont think Mayo will get to the semi final. I'd love to see Roscommon have a right go at it"
Get out of here, no Galway player has put up with the undeserved abuse that Lavelle has for the last three years. Interestiing that you go out of your way to declare you don't know his jersey rival...

marooney (Galway) - Posts: 87 - 06/07/2019 21:20:31    2206499

Link

Replying To Ninnallik:  "Second year in a row we gave a penalty to the player on the field that's having the worst game, Silke was shocking all day he should never have been given the penalty! Only for Peter Cooke and John Daly they game would have been a total and utter embarrassment!! Hopefully the next manager had the right address as it seems to be massively important to Galway people"
"The right address"? Take a long walk good lad.

galwayfan (None) - Posts: 689 - 06/07/2019 21:24:43    2206504

Link

Galwayfball, kind of misread your post, sorry. Shouldn't post in haste in the vexation of defeat.

marooney (Galway) - Posts: 87 - 06/07/2019 21:24:54    2206505

Link

Replying To Mickhiggins:  "I'm distraught.... I dunno where to start, we asked for power, he made the blunder that set the tone, we asked for SAOC to be dropped, this opened up the hole for the second goal, he had a massive impact upon introduction... we say Shane Walsh is a great player, he has no impact until 69 minutes, let me mme not here about great players again.. they are forged in the heat of battle... we have said Ian Burke is a genius, he had his impact as he ran to the line.. we asked for Farragher.. no impact..
The management is now hopefully gone and maybe that will see potential reached but I'm severely doubting our ability.. well done Peter Cooke"
Agree with you about Shane, Burke and Farragher. However, Sean Andy got cleaned when he came on? Coen and OConnor had time and space to kick scores for fun. Not sure how Daly manages to stay on for so long? Head down kicking the ball up in the air. Keep waiting for this "potential"
Nearly another 70 mins for Heaney? What a year he's had.
Please for the sake of Galway football, let Kevin leave.

candlewax (Galway) - Posts: 190 - 06/07/2019 21:25:42    2206506

Link

Congrats to Mayo; took their chances in the opening minutes and fair play to them.

Once more our lads show up a day late and a dollar short. You'd think after the Roscommon second-half no-show they'd have been geared up and ready to go, but that first half was bloody awful. A very disappointing championship where we only managed to beat London and Sligo, and only just. Very disappointing.

festinog (Galway) - Posts: 2853 - 06/07/2019 21:28:16    2206509

Link

Replying To marooney:  "Get out of here, no Galway player has put up with the undeserved abuse that Lavelle has for the last three years. Interestiing that you go out of your way to declare you don't know his jersey rival..."
Go ahead search through all my previous posts and you will see that I always defended lavelle and said I had zero issue with either him or power being selected as they are both quality players. I have said lavelle didn't deserve any of the abuse he has had. But because people have insulted lavelle now Power deserves it too?

None of them deserve to be abused.

I take it you were one of the people who was happy Power was at fault for that goal despite the fact it hurt your own county

galwayfball (Galway) - Posts: 1117 - 06/07/2019 21:29:19    2206512

Link

Replying To marooney:  "Get out of here, no Galway player has put up with the undeserved abuse that Lavelle has for the last three years. Interestiing that you go out of your way to declare you don't know his jersey rival..."
I dont actually Power but I never stated that or went out of my way to say I didn't know him ?

galwayfball (Galway) - Posts: 1117 - 06/07/2019 21:33:55    2206520

Link

Replying To Mickhiggins:  "I'm distraught.... I dunno where to start, we asked for power, he made the blunder that set the tone, we asked for SAOC to be dropped, this opened up the hole for the second goal, he had a massive impact upon introduction... we say Shane Walsh is a great player, he has no impact until 69 minutes, let me mme not here about great players again.. they are forged in the heat of battle... we have said Ian Burke is a genius, he had his impact as he ran to the line.. we asked for Farragher.. no impact..
The management is now hopefully gone and maybe that will see potential reached but I'm severely doubting our ability.. well done Peter Cooke"
Fantastic post..........truest thing I've read here all year.

Rayo1 (Galway) - Posts: 140 - 06/07/2019 21:35:57    2206525

Link

Replying To marooney:  "What should happen now...
First off, Walsh and co should walk, of course.l
Kevin O'Brien should ideally get a shot.
A lot of people should apologize to Ruairi Lavelle."
Corofin are a good team but taking individual players and putting them into a Galway team does not mean they will play as they do with Corofin. As a club they are great but not one of them is a high quality county standard player. This has been proven on many occasions. Club football and Co football are very different. We dont have a P Joyce, Ja,Dec Meehan,Michael Donnellan Thomas Mannion or indeed a Kevin Walsh etc. We have good lads who are doing their best and even with the best of management I dont think they are good enough.

crafty (Galway) - Posts: 178 - 06/07/2019 21:38:44    2206527

Link

All the Corofin supporters wanted Power and look what happened, Silke had a shocker, and Farragher scoreless and taken off.

Galwaymaster9 (Galway) - Posts: 193 - 06/07/2019 21:40:25    2206531

Link

KW gave into fan pressure and dropped SAOC and selected power just goes to show how many fans are out of touch. Corofin boys were shocking again huge difference in county and club

brisbane (Galway) - Posts: 416 - 06/07/2019 21:41:02    2206532

Link

How Cummins stayed on the bench the last 2 games is beyond belief. Gulf in class between club and county really evident tonight.

WunderBar (Galway) - Posts: 260 - 06/07/2019 21:49:11    2206542

Link