Hard luck to the Hurlers

Maroonedinlongford (Galway) - Posts: 177 - 15/06/2019 20:44:20    2195410

Link

Replying To Maroonedinlongford:  "Daithi Burke might make it on for the last 15
Hard luck to the Hurlers"
He made his bed let him spend the summer laying in it

brisbane (Galway) - Posts: 365 - 15/06/2019 21:07:39    2195440

Link

Replying To Really:  "Galway exit hurling - what are the chances of Daithi joining football panel.."
Zero he doesnt want to play and kevin shouldnt beg anyone with that attitude

brisbane (Galway) - Posts: 365 - 15/06/2019 21:11:18    2195443

Link

Replying To Maroonedinlongford:  "Daithi Burke might make it on for the last 15
Hard luck to the Hurlers"
Man of match in club final - would add a lot of punch to midfield. I think Daithi and Flynn would be a very formidable pairing. And sure wouldn't we all love to see another Corofin player on team.

Really (Galway) - Posts: 317 - 15/06/2019 21:34:41    2195485

Link

Replying To Really:  "Man of match in club final - would add a lot of punch to midfield. I think Daithi and Flynn would be a very formidable pairing. And sure wouldn't we all love to see another Corofin player on team."
He should be asked in
If he is good enough he plays, if not then fine
He preference is always hurling and in fairness the day of the dual player is long gone

Maroonedinlongford (Galway) - Posts: 177 - 15/06/2019 21:49:56    2195501

Link

Replying To Really:  "Galway exit hurling - what are the chances of Daithi joining football panel.."
He needs a break as do a lot of that hurling team so I would say no chance. Hopefully they will be back refreshed next year.

Trucker1 (Galway) - Posts: 296 - 15/06/2019 21:54:09    2195509

Link

Replying To StopTheLights:  "I'm hearing that Power has been dropped.
Can't understand that one.
I've seen both Goalkeepers in club Championship action already this season and it's not even close IMO.(Hennelly/Clarke stuff going on here)
Forecast for wind and rain."
I think that would be a big mistake. I rate Lavelle but switching keepers just before a game never works. Puts too much pressure on the replacement and damages the confidence of the replaced. It's different out the field where a mistake most likely won't cost you the game and you have a better chance to get on as a sub. I also think Powers long kick outs are better and gives us a better chance to get up the pitch

Trucker1 (Galway) - Posts: 296 - 15/06/2019 21:57:42    2195515

Link

Daithi burke could do a great job at center back
its an area we need to improve

rhudson (Galway) - Posts: 992 - 15/06/2019 22:08:08    2195523

Link

Replying To Trucker1:  "I think that would be a big mistake. I rate Lavelle but switching keepers just before a game never works. Puts too much pressure on the replacement and damages the confidence of the replaced. It's different out the field where a mistake most likely won't cost you the game and you have a better chance to get on as a sub. I also think Powers long kick outs are better and gives us a better chance to get up the pitch"
It's not like Power's been dropped though, how did we ever know he was no.1? Lavelle started against London and possibly Power was tried against SLigo. I'm sure the backs and midfield had a fair idea who'd be behind the kickouts for the last few weeks regardless of which stars

PressureKick (UK) - Posts: 82 - 15/06/2019 22:19:17    2195530

Link

Replying To brisbane:  "Zero he doesnt want to play and kevin shouldnt beg anyone with that attitude"
He made a choice to play his first love.. Something had to lose out.. He could be back..

Belclare (Galway) - Posts: 361 - 15/06/2019 22:27:56    2195537

Link

Replying To rhudson:  "Daithi burke could do a great job at center back
its an area we need to improve"
I'd agree with you on that. He should definitely be asked in after the connacht final. A number of months ago, Kevin Walsh said that he had an open door policy in relation to the Sweeneys from killanin who pulled out due to work related issues. Its great that KW is prepared to bring guys in and show flexibilty. Therefore, I can't see any reason why Daithi Burke won't get a call up.

Strenght and conditioning won't be an issue and the same goes for his footballing ability. As we all know, he is a top class hurler but he's arguably a better footballer. Certainly the best midfielder in Galway and equally as good at 6. The dubs were celebrating tonight but that victory against Galway in the hurling could damage their bid for 5 in a row if Daithi Burke were to switch codes. How ironic would that be.

There is of course no guarantee that Daithi Burke will come on board but if he were to accept the invite from KW which I'm sure will be offered, it would make us a much more formidable outfit and solve our problem at 6 or indeed midfield.

He switched codes before in 2014 and came on as a sub against Mayo in the connacht final that year 2 weeks after the hurlers were knocked out. I hope he makes himself available again. That would be a huge boost to our hopes of winning an All Ireland.

Reversepass1 (Galway) - Posts: 215 - 15/06/2019 22:56:45    2195550

Link

Don't think it will happen re Daithi.
It has happened before (under Mulholland in 2014) but doubt it will again now.

galwayman2 (Galway) - Posts: 641 - 15/06/2019 23:04:04    2195554

Link

I'm going for a big win here - will surely be well up for it considering the fickle display of the hurlers. Galway 3-15 Ros 1-10. Man of the match - Johnny Heaney..

Really (Galway) - Posts: 317 - 16/06/2019 01:28:26    2195598

Link

I think there will be three changes before throw in
Galway to fight tooth and nail
Galway by three or four
Fore warned is fore armed

Maroonedinlongford (Galway) - Posts: 177 - 16/06/2019 09:26:10    2195622

Link

Replying To PressureKick:  "It's not like Power's been dropped though, how did we ever know he was no.1? Lavelle started against London and possibly Power was tried against SLigo. I'm sure the backs and midfield had a fair idea who'd be behind the kickouts for the last few weeks regardless of which stars"
Fair point but its almost an extension of the confusion which I think you can't have for a keeper. I know that's the players don't know who is starting in goal until close to the game and I don't think it helps either the keepers confidence or the kick out strategy. I don't think there is much between them and both are good options but for me I'd be picking my first choice and going with that unless form necessitated a change. Lavelle had a good league, Power was outstanding for Corofin.

Trucker1 (Galway) - Posts: 296 - 16/06/2019 10:36:52    2195642

Link

Replying To Maroonedinlongford:  "I think there will be three changes before throw in
Galway to fight tooth and nail
Galway by three or four
Fore warned is fore armed"
Lavelle back in possibly

Belclare (Galway) - Posts: 361 - 16/06/2019 14:12:26    2195738

Link

Replying To Trucker1:  "I think that would be a big mistake. I rate Lavelle but switching keepers just before a game never works. Puts too much pressure on the replacement and damages the confidence of the replaced. It's different out the field where a mistake most likely won't cost you the game and you have a better chance to get on as a sub. I also think Powers long kick outs are better and gives us a better chance to get up the pitch"
Doubt very much if it's a case of switching keepers just before the game. Most likely the team has known all along that Lavelle will be starting and naming Power on the released lineup was just silly divilment. No harm to wind up the keyboard warriors who seem to think that BP is the lovechild of Stephen Cluxton and Peter Schmeichel.

marooney (Galway) - Posts: 87 - 16/06/2019 14:56:39    2195760

Link

Replying To Really:  "I'm going for a big win here - will surely be well up for it considering the fickle display of the hurlers. Galway 3-15 Ros 1-10. Man of the match - Johnny Heaney.."
I hope so ..... but like the hurlers they haven't shown any real form when they should have run up a score; hurlers v Carlow, footballers v London. Be afraid,... be very afraid....

Mayfair (Galway) - Posts: 37 - 16/06/2019 15:39:40    2195783

Link

Replying To marooney:  "Doubt very much if it's a case of switching keepers just before the game. Most likely the team has known all along that Lavelle will be starting and naming Power on the released lineup was just silly divilment. No harm to wind up the keyboard warriors who seem to think that BP is the lovechild of Stephen Cluxton and Peter Schmeichel."
They knew the situation all week..

Belclare (Galway) - Posts: 361 - 16/06/2019 16:53:51    2195833

Link

Replying To Mayfair:  "I hope so ..... but like the hurlers they haven't shown any real form when they should have run up a score; hurlers v Carlow, footballers v London. Be afraid,... be very afraid...."
Shocking performance from Galway. Manager hasnt a clue. He has to go now.

crafty (Galway) - Posts: 143 - 16/06/2019 17:34:48    2195857

Link