Galway Forum

Connacht Final 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To moc.dna:  "Bit of an embarrassment y'day, similar to the Monaghan game in the Stadium last year. The Rossies came in numbers similar to Monaghan & outnumbered Galway by 2 to 1 at least. Every time they scored or delivered a hit it was like a home game for them such was the roar that went up. On the field & off the field Galway were a massive disappointment. Some players are living off reputations & have been placed on pedestals since underage by many supporters, acting the hard men or shaping but lack the football skills particularly in the backs. The two most skilful players y'day were Cox & Hubert Darcy. Collapses every year be it Tipp, Monaghan, Roscommon are demoralising. A couple of things y'day are hard to fathom, change of goalie again, Corofin lads only brought on with a few mins left, dummy team named again despite most lads fit to play other than Conroy or Comer, what did Danny Cummins do wrong, played well earlier rounds but didn't even get a look in y'day. Galway football hasn't played had the support of all since 1983, the last time was the 70's, you have to bring everyone with you to be successful, clubs, players, supporters, Galway is so divided & bitter in football, that is not going to happen. Hats off to the Rossies, they did it in style y'day."
You clearly were not at the London or Sligo games if you thought Danny played well. I'm a big fan of his but he wasn't at his best so far in the championship so wasn't surprised to see him drop to the bench. That being said he played well in the league and felt we could have done with him near the end when we needed a goal.

Not.A.Quelly (Galway) - Posts: 84 - 18/06/2019 15:51:55    2197151

Link

Replying To tommy k:  "I don't agree with Flynn being one of Galway's best players or even midfielders but I do agree that injuries / fitness is an issue for both the hurlers and footballers this year. What else can explain these second half fade-outs (particularly in the last quarter) that we have seen in recent games or has it to do with complacency / lack of concentration?"
It doesn't matter whether you agree or not. He quite clearly was Galway's best midfielder over the past 2 years and it's not even close.

Marooned (Galway) - Posts: 1632 - 18/06/2019 16:37:18    2197175

Link

Replying To Fewpucks24:  "" He is the best midfielder in the county "
You must be having a laugh. Flynn nominated for an All Star last year , Conroy nominated for two I believe in the past. If he were to mark Cooke or Duggan in a match, would he blow them out of the water?
He got MOTM in club final against a 14 man Crokes, they won the game by 12 points.
A very good hurler but is he even in best football midfielder in his club? I'm sure Steede doesn't think so.
Let's not overreact and start a guy who has not played for the senior's all year, unless of of course Joe Canning would like to Join Damien Comer on the edge of the square in this fairyland as well"
Judging by your user name and the contents of that post, you are obviously a hurling man. Let me fill you in about Daithi Burke the footballer. 7 county, 4 connacht and 3 all ireland club medals. U21 county all ireland winner also.

You clearly have an issue with the success of corofin. MOTM against 14 man crokes says it all really. Have a little of respect for the man. Talk about running down this man's achievements. To suggest that Cooke, Duggan, Flynn, Conroy or O Currain are better midfielders than steede and Burke is comedy stuff. Not one of them would make the corofin midfield. Don't get me wrong, they are good midfielders but Burke and steede are a different gravy.

I 've have witnessed these midfielders that you have named go toe to toe with steede and Burke on different occasions and I can't ever remember them coming out on top.

Reversepass1 (Galway) - Posts: 215 - 18/06/2019 17:08:43    2197195

Link

Burke would certainly make the Galway team but not in midfield - to suggest himself and Steede are the best midfield pairing is laughable. Would be a fantastic option at 6.

Year after year Steede is brought into pre-season, shown up to be not good enough, and dropped again.

A bad game for Flynn on Sunday but most certainly one of the outstanding midfielders in the Country of the last 12 months.

gaa190 (Galway) - Posts: 105 - 18/06/2019 17:37:52    2197215

Link

Replying To Reversepass1:  "Judging by your user name and the contents of that post, you are obviously a hurling man. Let me fill you in about Daithi Burke the footballer. 7 county, 4 connacht and 3 all ireland club medals. U21 county all ireland winner also.

You clearly have an issue with the success of corofin. MOTM against 14 man crokes says it all really. Have a little of respect for the man. Talk about running down this man's achievements. To suggest that Cooke, Duggan, Flynn, Conroy or O Currain are better midfielders than steede and Burke is comedy stuff. Not one of them would make the corofin midfield. Don't get me wrong, they are good midfielders but Burke and steede are a different gravy.

I 've have witnessed these midfielders that you have named go toe to toe with steede and Burke on different occasions and I can't ever remember them coming out on top."
If were going on club honours, Kieran Fitzgerald and Gary Sice should still be playing. Frankie Dolan should have lined out for Roscommon the last day as well.
Tom Flynn and Fionntan also won that u21 county all ireland, do you know where they played on that team? Midfield.
"I have an issue with Corofin's success"
I told you about Steede, whom you must have forgotten about as you didn't even include him even though you claim the rest are nowhere near as good as them as a pairing. Hard to figure out if you follow either code.
Maybe I am aiming too low seeing as there different gravy to the rest of Galway's midfielder's.
Maybe Daithi's better than Fenton? Darragh O Sé?
I'm sure Corofin would beat the current Raheny team and the Gaeltacht team that Darragh played on.
Please keep entertaining me with your posts.

Fewpucks24 (Galway) - Posts: 83 - 18/06/2019 17:42:42    2197218

Link

Replying To Fewpucks24:  "If were going on club honours, Kieran Fitzgerald and Gary Sice should still be playing. Frankie Dolan should have lined out for Roscommon the last day as well.
Tom Flynn and Fionntan also won that u21 county all ireland, do you know where they played on that team? Midfield.
"I have an issue with Corofin's success"
I told you about Steede, whom you must have forgotten about as you didn't even include him even though you claim the rest are nowhere near as good as them as a pairing. Hard to figure out if you follow either code.
Maybe I am aiming too low seeing as there different gravy to the rest of Galway's midfielder's.
Maybe Daithi's better than Fenton? Darragh O Sé?
I'm sure Corofin would beat the current Raheny team and the Gaeltacht team that Darragh played on.
Please keep entertaining me with your posts."
You're entertaining us with your knowledge of both codes. Sice, fitzy, Dolan are retired. Too old for county now. Burke and steede are in their prime. When have you ever seen o Curran, flynn, Conroy etc get the better of Daithi Burke or steede at any club game. Just answer that one.14 man Crokes. What a laugh. Concentrate on the hurling lad

Reversepass1 (Galway) - Posts: 215 - 18/06/2019 18:00:21    2197224

Link

Replying To Reversepass1:  "Judging by your user name and the contents of that post, you are obviously a hurling man. Let me fill you in about Daithi Burke the footballer. 7 county, 4 connacht and 3 all ireland club medals. U21 county all ireland winner also.

I 've have witnessed these midfielders that you have named go toe to toe with steede and Burke on different occasions and I can't ever remember them coming out on top."
I've seen steede go against conroy and flynn in fbd and they dominated.

galwayfball (Galway) - Posts: 877 - 18/06/2019 18:07:03    2197225

Link

Very silly post.

cavan.galway (Galway) - Posts: 72 - 18/06/2019 18:08:59    2197226

Link

My team for next round with all players available
power
Kerin
SA
Silke
Molloy
Daly
kelly
Flynn
Dugan
Daly
Varely
Brannigan
Walsh
Comer
O Laoi

Just my opinion

Kickitout (Galway) - Posts: 321 - 18/06/2019 18:31:00    2197232

Link

Replying To cavan.galway:  "Very silly post."
FOC, Conroy and Duggan are all injured or either coming back from injury. Burke if available could strengthen our options at 6 or at midfield. KW tried to get him involved before but he went down the hurling route. He might be available now and an invite into training would be a good thing and a boost for the lads and management. That's just my opinion and others are entitled to disagree if they want which is fine.

Reversepass1 (Galway) - Posts: 215 - 18/06/2019 18:57:15    2197239

Link

Replying To Reversepass1:  "You're entertaining us with your knowledge of both codes. Sice, fitzy, Dolan are retired. Too old for county now. Burke and steede are in their prime. When have you ever seen o Curran, flynn, Conroy etc get the better of Daithi Burke or steede at any club game. Just answer that one.14 man Crokes. What a laugh. Concentrate on the hurling lad"
Hahaha you are quick Reversepass1, it's a little thing called sarcasm, look it up.
Don't see you answering any of my question's. Why can't Steede make the team when he's so far ahead of the rest? He's had multiple chances and unfortunately the county level is a big step up for him and he's found it tough.
Doe's it hurt you that Croke's had 14 men, you keep mentioning it? By your logic, it should just be Corofin team playing and let's get rid of the Galway. Fitzgerald I'm sure has cleaned Comer on a few occasion's? Should he be dropped?

Fewpucks24 (Galway) - Posts: 83 - 18/06/2019 19:12:13    2197248

Link

Replying To Reversepass1:  "FOC, Conroy and Duggan are all injured or either coming back from injury. Burke if available could strengthen our options at 6 or at midfield. KW tried to get him involved before but he went down the hurling route. He might be available now and an invite into training would be a good thing and a boost for the lads and management. That's just my opinion and others are entitled to disagree if they want which is fine."
that's fine and your entitled to your opinion but you have changed your tune. first you say Not one of them would make the corofin midfield. Now your saying its because there injured or coming back from one that burke would strengthen. which is it?
first post was disrespectful to them lads who have given there all to there county, thats just in my opinion

cavan.galway (Galway) - Posts: 72 - 18/06/2019 19:19:17    2197252

Link

Irregular in-play betting patterns reported at half time........think about it folks.

Rayo1 (Galway) - Posts: 140 - 18/06/2019 19:27:13    2197257

Link

Daithi Burke hasn't the slightest interest in hooking up with the footballers.

handpassking (Galway) - Posts: 340 - 18/06/2019 19:35:04    2197263

Link

Replying To Rayo1:  "Irregular in-play betting patterns reported at half time........think about it folks."
Where is that rumour emanating from? Is there meant to be some truth to it? There was a lot of whispers of that going on in Galway in the past, following some very strange results in the early and mid 2000s. I find it hard to believe but if there's even a hint that this has happened, then it needs to be investigated thoroughly. Supporters have forked out good money on match tickets, training fund draws, travel etc. to go and watch these lads all year - this better not have happened. Sponsors have put very significant amounts of their money into backing this group. I sincerely hope this an empty rumour and isn't the case.

togoutlads (Galway) - Posts: 73 - 18/06/2019 21:21:51    2197329

Link

Replying To Fewpucks24:  "Hahaha you are quick Reversepass1, it's a little thing called sarcasm, look it up.
Don't see you answering any of my question's. Why can't Steede make the team when he's so far ahead of the rest? He's had multiple chances and unfortunately the county level is a big step up for him and he's found it tough.
Doe's it hurt you that Croke's had 14 men, you keep mentioning it? By your logic, it should just be Corofin team playing and let's get rid of the Galway. Fitzgerald I'm sure has cleaned Comer on a few occasion's? Should he be dropped?"
When did steede get multiple chances ? Played 5 minutes in a qualifier a number of years ago. If thats what you call multiple chances then i give up on you. Never played league or champuonship under this management apart from those 5 minutes. Do your research.

You are the one who said that Daithi was MOTM against 14 man crokes. Again get your facts straight. That award went to kieran Molloy and not Daithi Burke. Then again you probably left Croker on paddy's day after the hurling final thats if you there at all.

Reversepass1 (Galway) - Posts: 215 - 18/06/2019 21:29:01    2197330

Link

Replying To Rayo1:  "Irregular in-play betting patterns reported at half time........think about it folks."
Total nonsense

Trucker1 (Galway) - Posts: 296 - 18/06/2019 21:39:16    2197333

Link

Replying To Reversepass1:  "When did steede get multiple chances ? Played 5 minutes in a qualifier a number of years ago. If thats what you call multiple chances then i give up on you. Never played league or champuonship under this management apart from those 5 minutes. Do your research.

You are the one who said that Daithi was MOTM against 14 man crokes. Again get your facts straight. That award went to kieran Molloy and not Daithi Burke. Then again you probably left Croker on paddy's day after the hurling final thats if you there at all."
A lot of people are asking you question's but I don't see a lot of answers.
You've been found out here. Think before you type.
TG4 who showed the match, gave the man of the match award to Daithi Burke. Would you like me to send you a link?Would you be able to open it on your own?
How are you going to ignore this one?
How does a " hurler " know more about football than you?

Fewpucks24 (Galway) - Posts: 83 - 18/06/2019 22:06:25    2197351

Link

Replying To Fewpucks24:  "A lot of people are asking you question's but I don't see a lot of answers.
You've been found out here. Think before you type.
TG4 who showed the match, gave the man of the match award to Daithi Burke. Would you like me to send you a link?Would you be able to open it on your own?
How are you going to ignore this one?
How does a " hurler " know more about football than you?"
Sunday Game gave it to Molloy. I think that's the one that counts really. Most people would agree with that. Have a few pucks for yourself and chill out

Reversepass1 (Galway) - Posts: 215 - 18/06/2019 22:45:19    2197372

Link

Replying To Reversepass1:  "Sunday Game gave it to Molloy. I think that's the one that counts really. Most people would agree with that. Have a few pucks for yourself and chill out"
Most people wouldn't agree with Steede and Burke being different gravy compared to the other 4 midfielders that actually play for Galway seniors but we'll have to agree to disagree. See you at the FBD league ! Hopefully you'll be lining out for it again

Fewpucks24 (Galway) - Posts: 83 - 18/06/2019 23:24:42    2197383

Link