Galway Forum

Senior Club Hurling Championship 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

i think there is 1 big scalp in oranmore. this is their county final v mellows, and this is why i expect them to cause an upset and to take the win. and i really hope they can do it. fancy cappy to win also. not league champions for nothing

CillTormoir (Galway) - Posts: 135 - 23/09/2019 15:17:31    2238566

Link

Athenry are 7/4 to beat Larkins at the weekend surely worth a bet. If you take Flynn out not sure there is much between the two teams, not sure Larkins are that good at all.

galway19 (Galway) - Posts: 116 - 24/09/2019 19:35:42    2238867

Link

Replying To galway19:  "Athenry are 7/4 to beat Larkins at the weekend surely worth a bet. If you take Flynn out not sure there is much between the two teams, not sure Larkins are that good at all."
thanks for that, will be all over that. should pay for the Christmas.

clare_sparrow (Galway) - Posts: 284 - 25/09/2019 07:24:07    2238958

Link

Saturday's Results
Preliminary Quarter Final
Liam Mellows 1-21 Oranmore-Maree 1-14

Senior A Relegation
Castlegar 3-13 Kilnadeema/Leitrim 2-13
Portumna 0-21 Gort 2-14
(Gort & K/Leitrim relegated to Senior B)

Senior B Relegation
Ahascragh/Fohenagh 1-16 Abbeyknockmoy 0-19
(Replay to decide who drops to Intermediate)

katser (Galway) - Posts: 882 - 28/09/2019 18:13:38    2239860

Link

Replying To katser:  "Saturday's Results
Preliminary Quarter Final
Liam Mellows 1-21 Oranmore-Maree 1-14

Senior A Relegation
Castlegar 3-13 Kilnadeema/Leitrim 2-13
Portumna 0-21 Gort 2-14
(Gort & K/Leitrim relegated to Senior B)

Senior B Relegation
Ahascragh/Fohenagh 1-16 Abbeyknockmoy 0-19
(Replay to decide who drops to Intermediate)"
Fair play to Portuma odds looked against them coming into this game. What's gone wrong with Gort would have been one of the favourites at the start of the year and now in senior b next season.
Anyone at the games today. Who played well anyone new putting their hands up for county. Going by Galway bay harán and n. Burke were good today.

plentyofstick (Galway) - Posts: 43 - 28/09/2019 19:12:25    2239870

Link

Replying To plentyofstick:  "Fair play to Portuma odds looked against them coming into this game. What's gone wrong with Gort would have been one of the favourites at the start of the year and now in senior b next season.
Anyone at the games today. Who played well anyone new putting their hands up for county. Going by Galway bay harán and n. Burke were good today."
Yes 43yr Ollie C. helping Portumna over the line! I wouldn't have had Gort as a favourite at the start, they are a team on the slide downwards with much the same core of players the last 10yrs and nothing really new happening there.
Bad weekend so far for Turlough.... Intermediates all but knocked out Friday night, Junior B's Knocked out today in Semi Final and their Junior C1 will more than likely be knocked out tomorrow in the Quarter Final.

katser (Galway) - Posts: 882 - 28/09/2019 22:14:42    2239905

Link

Replying To katser:  "Yes 43yr Ollie C. helping Portumna over the line! I wouldn't have had Gort as a favourite at the start, they are a team on the slide downwards with much the same core of players the last 10yrs and nothing really new happening there.
Bad weekend so far for Turlough.... Intermediates all but knocked out Friday night, Junior B's Knocked out today in Semi Final and their Junior C1 will more than likely be knocked out tomorrow in the Quarter Final."
How are turlough intermediates all but knocked out and they in 3rd in group?!

Tubeyou (Galway) - Posts: 10 - 28/09/2019 23:04:33    2239915

Link

Replying To katser:  "Yes 43yr Ollie C. helping Portumna over the line! I wouldn't have had Gort as a favourite at the start, they are a team on the slide downwards with much the same core of players the last 10yrs and nothing really new happening there.
Bad weekend so far for Turlough.... Intermediates all but knocked out Friday night, Junior B's Knocked out today in Semi Final and their Junior C1 will more than likely be knocked out tomorrow in the Quarter Final."
How are turlough intermediates all but knocked out and they 3rd in group?!

Tubeyou (Galway) - Posts: 10 - 28/09/2019 23:05:42    2239916

Link

Replying To Tubeyou:  "How are turlough intermediates all but knocked out and they 3rd in group?!"
Because when Carnmore win their last game, Turlough will drop to 5th in the Group on score difference which will be elimination for the black & white hoops!

katser (Galway) - Posts: 882 - 29/09/2019 14:11:35    2240028

Link

Sunday's Results
Preliminary Quarter Finals
Craughwell 1-17 Tynagh/Abbey-Duniry 0-16
Tommy Larkins 1-19 Athenry 0-15
Cappataggle 0-22 Clarinbridge 1-16

Quarter Finals
Turloughmore v Craughwell
Loughrea v Cappataggle
Liam Mellows v Sarsfields
St. Thomas' v Tommy Larkins

katser (Galway) - Posts: 882 - 29/09/2019 18:13:04    2240072

Link

Replying To katser:  "Sunday's Results
Preliminary Quarter Finals
Craughwell 1-17 Tynagh/Abbey-Duniry 0-16
Tommy Larkins 1-19 Athenry 0-15
Cappataggle 0-22 Clarinbridge 1-16

Quarter Finals
Turloughmore v Craughwell
Loughrea v Cappataggle
Liam Mellows v Sarsfields
St. Thomas' v Tommy Larkins"
Intresting quarter finals.
Loughrea have already beaten cappy
Thomas have already beaten tommies.
Cappy V loughrea and mellows v Sarsfields should be the stand out games.
Loughrea mellows Thomas and turlough will be the favourites but we are in the quarter finals now so there probably will be a surprise or two.
Thomas are still favourites to win it out. If cappy get over loughrea cappy will be my dark horses. Looking forward to these games in 2 weeks.

plentyofstick (Galway) - Posts: 43 - 29/09/2019 20:53:39    2240115

Link

Replying To plentyofstick:  "Intresting quarter finals.
Loughrea mellows Thomas and turlough will be the favourites but we are in the quarter finals now so there probably will be a surprise or two.
Thomas are still favourites to win it out. If cappy get over loughrea cappy will be my dark horses. Looking forward to these games in 2 weeks."
Congratulations your dark horse tip..Cappy had a very important win over my outside favourites Clarinbridge with 3 late points deep in injury time.
Your right Cappy v Loughrea will be some battle!
One would have to fancy Turlough, Mellows and Thomas' to win their games

katser (Galway) - Posts: 882 - 29/09/2019 22:33:01    2240162

Link

Replying To plentyofstick:  "Intresting quarter finals.
Thomas are still favourites to win it out. If cappy get over loughrea cappy will be my dark horses. Looking forward to these games in 2 weeks."
Cappataggle won't fear Loughrea. Bear in mind also that Cappataggle have beaten Loughrea in their last two meetings and also knocked them out last year. Cappataggle are a good team and there is a few more games in them in my opinion in this year's championship. And if it's on in Ballinasloe - it's like home to Cappataggle as they are hard beat there.
Should be a cracker all the same and the tie of the round.

mushypeas (Galway) - Posts: 40 - 30/09/2019 07:24:15    2240180

Link

Replying To mushypeas:  "Cappataggle won't fear Loughrea. Bear in mind also that Cappataggle have beaten Loughrea in their last two meetings and also knocked them out last year. Cappataggle are a good team and there is a few more games in them in my opinion in this year's championship. And if it's on in Ballinasloe - it's like home to Cappataggle as they are hard beat there.
Should be a cracker all the same and the tie of the round."
Cappy beat Loughrea in last years Quarter Final but Loughrea beat Cappy in their Group game played in Ballinasloe a few weeks ago.
I was at that match and Loughrea won by 3pts..could have won by more as they were the better team on the day.
They won't fear eachother and both Clubs are delighted that they were pulled out of the hat together.
It will be a pure scrap..dog eat dog situation with neither team giving a inch but there are good hurlers on both teams and it should be a good hurling match too.
I'd say it could be a double header in Ballinasloe with St. Thomas' v Tommy Larkins.
Turloughmore v Craughwell & Sarsfields v Liam Mellows possible double header in Athenry.

katser (Galway) - Posts: 882 - 30/09/2019 10:01:31    2240209

Link

Was in Athenry for TAD and Craughwell ......only one team looked like winning it TAD for some reason played Maloney at Wing Forward where he was in the main well held.In the main TAD never troubled Craughwell and were easily held at arms length ...poor game where I suspect Craughwell were playing in 2nd gear for most of the match.TAD didnt help their cause concedeing too many frees.

CBridge and Cappy was a cracking match with both teams really going for it. Both teams displayed great desire and no little sill with great scores and moves from both teams.The bridges running game and teamwork was ably matched by Cappy who retained their composure at crucial times.Cappy finished the stronger and on this form will be hard beat ... although when pitches become heavy they may find it hard to maintain their fluency and shooting accuracy. Fair play to both teams though great game to watch as a neutral.

johnd3ff (Galway) - Posts: 22 - 30/09/2019 10:13:15    2240217

Link

Cappy to squeeze into the county final!!

CillTormoir (Galway) - Posts: 135 - 30/09/2019 10:56:11    2240237

Link

right lads, lets have the predictions for the 1/4 finals.. any remote chance of a shock anywhere?

ThehardYards (Galway) - Posts: 4 - 09/10/2019 22:48:39    2242468

Link

Predictions

Turloughmore v Craughwell >>> Craughwell
Loughrea v Cappataggle >>> Loughrea
Liam Mellows v Sarsfields >>> Sarsfields
St. Thomas' v Tommy Larkins" >>> Thomasas

should be 4 good games though.

clare_sparrow (Galway) - Posts: 284 - 10/10/2019 12:35:13    2242544

Link

Turloughmore v Craughwell Turlough
Loughrea v Cappataggle Loughrea