Galway Forum

Football Championship 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To GDL:  "Look to the top of this page, about 10 post ago."
Thanks for that, but is 3 going down this year or two. The 3 games has me confused. Is it winner take all in the 3?

galwayboy15 (Galway) - Posts: 4 - 08/09/2019 22:42:00    2233690

Link

Replying To galwayboy15:  "Thanks for that, but is 3 going down this year or two. The 3 games has me confused. Is it winner take all in the 3?"
The six teams who finished in the ladt two positions of the group play three games. The draw for these was last evening. The winners are safe. The three losers go into a mini league. Whoever ends up on top is safe. The other two are relegated.

GDL (Galway) - Posts: 338 - 09/09/2019 09:34:36    2233738

Link

Replying To GDL:  "The six teams who finished in the ladt two positions of the group play three games. The draw for these was last evening. The winners are safe. The three losers go into a mini league. Whoever ends up on top is safe. The other two are relegated."
It looks like Killererin are certain to drop after gallant efforts to survive last few seasons. Themselves and a few other clubs have to quickly look at merging with others. They lost by 13 points on Saturday and were not in a position to bring on even 1 sub during the game. Not able to field a minor or U20 team, and no sign of an increase in numbers on the horizon. No different for many other rural clubs. The sooner the process starts the better.

giveitlong (Galway) - Posts: 965 - 09/09/2019 11:33:07    2233793

Link

Replying To Ninnallik:  "Who was reffing the Salthill match?"
Gerry Kinneavy. Didnt think he had a bad game but there were some late belts alright. It was an odd visual to see Milltown wildly celebrating a point with last kick to lose by 2. Obviously points difference mattered but was just odd to see.

Corofin/MM in Quarters basically means the semis and final will be dead ducks and damage limitation v corofin. Pity Annaghdown fell apart this year and Moycullen have key absences now

kazoochka (Galway) - Posts: 256 - 09/09/2019 11:42:10    2233796

Link

giveitlong - are you from Killererin? you seem to know a lot about them writing their obituary into Intermediate...
in the last 10 years people keep saying they are going down but they have not.....
Had they no subs togged the last day or what??
Killererin seem to survive every year ...
Barna and Carraroe will GO I think....

smokeygaa (Galway) - Posts: 416 - 09/09/2019 11:58:12    2233802

Link

Replying To giveitlong:  "It looks like Killererin are certain to drop after gallant efforts to survive last few seasons. Themselves and a few other clubs have to quickly look at merging with others. They lost by 13 points on Saturday and were not in a position to bring on even 1 sub during the game. Not able to field a minor or U20 team, and no sign of an increase in numbers on the horizon. No different for many other rural clubs. The sooner the process starts the better."
Merged with Kilkerrin/Clonberne already at minor. Sad Inevitably of rural depopulation

kazoochka (Galway) - Posts: 256 - 09/09/2019 13:04:12    2233829

Link

Replying To kazoochka:  "Gerry Kinneavy. Didnt think he had a bad game but there were some late belts alright. It was an odd visual to see Milltown wildly celebrating a point with last kick to lose by 2. Obviously points difference mattered but was just odd to see.

Corofin/MM in Quarters basically means the semis and final will be dead ducks and damage limitation v corofin. Pity Annaghdown fell apart this year and Moycullen have key absences now"
What notable absences from moycullen? If they avoid corofin they will take a beating.

All 6 relegation teams are in trouble, James will beat barna, carraroe beat lettermore I think and kill could beat caherlistrane but you wouldn't know, all close games with James the only strong team in the mix.

Tuam, moycullen, corofin and claregalway to make semis, salthill aren't great this year, Micheal's are average enough, spiddal are only up and don't have enough experience (all came from the supposedly weaker group 1)

MM with the tough task but they are always going to need to beat corofin

mise87 (Galway) - Posts: 92 - 09/09/2019 13:20:57    2233837

Link

Replying To GDL:  "The six teams who finished in the ladt two positions of the group play three games. The draw for these was last evening. The winners are safe. The three losers go into a mini league. Whoever ends up on top is safe. The other two are relegated."
Thank you, explained it perfect. I think carlistrane are in big trouble without cormac bane

galwayboy15 (Galway) - Posts: 4 - 09/09/2019 15:45:41    2233885

Link

Tuam with massive change from last year... fitness levels are massively increased could be a surprise to with the Fox this year

John789 (Galway) - Posts: 15 - 13/09/2019 01:39:50    2234917

Link

Replying To mise87:  "What notable absences from moycullen? If they avoid corofin they will take a beating.

All 6 relegation teams are in trouble, James will beat barna, carraroe beat lettermore I think and kill could beat caherlistrane but you wouldn't know, all close games with James the only strong team in the mix.

Tuam, moycullen, corofin and claregalway to make semis, salthill aren't great this year, Micheal's are average enough, spiddal are only up and don't have enough experience (all came from the supposedly weaker group 1)

MM with the tough task but they are always going to need to beat corofin"
Peter Cooke is in America. Sean Kelly injured himself the last day.

SamandLiamSoon (Galway) - Posts: 441 - 13/09/2019 09:49:16    2234947

Link

Only team to beat Coroffin are Spiddal. Young, Fast, skilful upcoming team with some exceptional County Players. Tuam are considered only a minor obstacle to be stepped on in Spiddal. The only team on Spiddal minds are Coroffin, make no mistake about it. Spiddal knows and makes no secret of knowing that Coroffin are on the decline, they smell blood. Tuam will be Crushed.

SAMMYTHEBULL (Galway) - Posts: 1618 - 14/09/2019 00:16:09    2235135

Link

Replying To SAMMYTHEBULL:  "Only team to beat Coroffin are Spiddal. Young, Fast, skilful upcoming team with some exceptional County Players. Tuam are considered only a minor obstacle to be stepped on in Spiddal. The only team on Spiddal minds are Coroffin, make no mistake about it. Spiddal knows and makes no secret of knowing that Coroffin are on the decline, they smell blood. Tuam will be Crushed."
Ha ha ha Sammy.!
All jokes aside the county final is earlier than usual this year. Next Sunday 4.45. Tuam Stadium.

anotheralias (Galway) - Posts: 58 - 14/09/2019 10:59:46    2235161

Link

Replying To SAMMYTHEBULL:  "Only team to beat Coroffin are Spiddal. Young, Fast, skilful upcoming team with some exceptional County Players. Tuam are considered only a minor obstacle to be stepped on in Spiddal. The only team on Spiddal minds are Coroffin, make no mistake about it. Spiddal knows and makes no secret of knowing that Coroffin are on the decline, they smell blood. Tuam will be Crushed."
Looks like you're still suffering post traumatic stress from last year's intermediate final loss. Can't get An Spidéal out of your head.
Feicfidh muid a chéile arís an chéad bhliain eile, b'fhéidir.

WanPintWin (Galway) - Posts: 565 - 14/09/2019 16:01:10    2235212

Link

Worry about your breathnachs and talk sense when they join the senior ranks next year, tuam will be too strong.

Up cortoon

mise87 (Galway) - Posts: 92 - 14/09/2019 16:16:55    2235215

Link

Replying To mise87:  "Worry about your breathnachs and talk sense when they join the senior ranks next year, tuam will be too strong.

Up cortoon"
Do you always take compliments so badly? Just saying what ex Spiddal players told me! Your flying in Training and are gearing up for Coroffin, Tuam only a formality. As for Intermediate, as I said last year, not worth talking about.. Sure if We go up we will take it, wont be acting as if we have won an All Ireland or anything. Seinor is the business, Spiddal are the boys to knock the mighty Coroffin. Enjoy it a Mhac.

SAMMYTHEBULL (Galway) - Posts: 1618 - 15/09/2019 01:40:01    2235441

Link

Replying To SAMMYTHEBULL:  "Do you always take compliments so badly? Just saying what ex Spiddal players told me! Your flying in Training and are gearing up for Coroffin, Tuam only a formality. As for Intermediate, as I said last year, not worth talking about.. Sure if We go up we will take it, wont be acting as if we have won an All Ireland or anything. Seinor is the business, Spiddal are the boys to knock the mighty Coroffin. Enjoy it a Mhac."
Funny that because I can remember when ye went senior around 2001 and it was like ye won the lotto, euromillions and all Ireland senior club championship all in one.

The_DOC (Galway) - Posts: 604 - 17/09/2019 11:13:38    2236540

Link

Replying To SAMMYTHEBULL:  "Do you always take compliments so badly? Just saying what ex Spiddal players told me! Your flying in Training and are gearing up for Coroffin, Tuam only a formality. As for Intermediate, as I said last year, not worth talking about.. Sure if We go up we will take it, wont be acting as if we have won an All Ireland or anything. Seinor is the business, Spiddal are the boys to knock the mighty Coroffin. Enjoy it a Mhac."
What a load of nonsense. Spiddal take Corofin? Bearna had them on the ropes in the last round until they just about pulled through at the end. Not to mention they are missing their star player. I would be shocked if they bet Tuam. If they think that Tuam is a formality (which I doubt) then they have lost the run of themselves and will get well beaten.

Galwaywest19 (Galway) - Posts: 6 - 17/09/2019 17:29:54    2236721

Link

Replying To The_DOC:  "Funny that because I can remember when ye went senior around 2001 and it was like ye won the lotto, euromillions and all Ireland senior club championship all in one."
That gave me a good chuckle at work, thanks. On a serious note I would pay no attention to Sammy, just a troll.

MairtinTomSean (Galway) - Posts: 4 - 17/09/2019 18:21:38    2236750

Link

Replying To The_DOC:  "Funny that because I can remember when ye went senior around 2001 and it was like ye won the lotto, euromillions and all Ireland senior club championship all in one."
The Nuns didn't have to move!

SAMMYTHEBULL (Galway) - Posts: 1618 - 17/09/2019 18:22:48    2236751

Link

Why are we being forced to Tuam stadium to watch games? Simply not fit for purpose. County Board should be using Athenry and Pearse Stadum only for the business end of the Championship. Nice Towns, Nice Facilities.

WunderBar (Galway) - Posts: 231 - 18/09/2019 15:47:59    2237185

Link