Galway Forum

Anger sourcing match tickets

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To GDL:  "I have my tickets already as a season ticket holder could you not follow the discussion, now move back to your own forum or the delusional blog your kin continue to write on daily. Good evening and goodbye."
You h\ave your tickets so stop f***king whining !!

ponga (Mayo) - Posts: 477 - 03/06/2017 21:59:32    1994132

Link

Replying To ponga:  "You h\ave your tickets so stop f***king whining !!"
Longs . F off and whine away with yew tree and the Mayo boys on yer Blog

Belclare1 (Galway) - Posts: 1626 - 03/06/2017 22:12:18    1994142

Link

Replying To ponga:  "Pure whiney drivel. If Mayo have over 4,000 with a much smaller population than Galway who have far fewer ST holders then I would say look at yourselves and ask why ye didn't take up the season ticket options when they were there. As for positioning of ST holders, I've had good and bad in the past and in this case it's just outside 20m line. Someone has to get the good, the bad, and the ugly seats. Get on with it !!"
Are population is only so big because half of Mayo lives in Galway. Trump and his wall idea should seriously be considered for the N17. Apart Johno he's always welcome.

SamandLiamSoon (Galway) - Posts: 432 - 03/06/2017 22:16:27    1994148

Link

What we need to do in get behind the IRFU 2023 bid to get rugby world cup as if this happens pearse stadium will become all seater

heartbroken (Galway) - Posts: 281 - 04/06/2017 09:52:25    1994255

Link

Replying To Belclare1:  "Longs . F off and whine away with yew tree and the Mayo boys on yer Blog"
Some of ye have a bee in yer bonnet. I'm looking forward to next weekend in Galway...a great city with great people. Whatever the result I'll have the craic afterwards.

May the beat team on the day win.

yew_tree (Mayo) - Posts: 9855 - 04/06/2017 10:34:27    1994276

Link

Replying To yew_tree:  "Some of ye have a bee in yer bonnet. I'm looking forward to next weekend in Galway...a great city with great people. Whatever the result I'll have the craic afterwards.

May the beat team on the day win."
You are missing the point. The Connacht Council made a mess of the ticketing in McHale park last year. I saw some very unreasonable behaviour towards stewards from fans who had been at every mayo league match banished to the sides of the stand when the supervalu brigade landed with superior viewing tickets. All I asked for was a more central view. The tickets I have been allocated are similar to getting a bottom row in the corner of the canal end. Not a reward for loyalty or driving all over the country.

On another note I see you are having a pop at Galway fans on the Mayo blog regarding a flag "spirit of 51" I heard they are calling it. You might tell your crew to leave it at home and behave when travelling to the neighbours house.

GDL (Galway) - Posts: 331 - 04/06/2017 12:28:04    1994336

Link

Replying To GDL:  "You are missing the point. The Connacht Council made a mess of the ticketing in McHale park last year. I saw some very unreasonable behaviour towards stewards from fans who had been at every mayo league match banished to the sides of the stand when the supervalu brigade landed with superior viewing tickets. All I asked for was a more central view. The tickets I have been allocated are similar to getting a bottom row in the corner of the canal end. Not a reward for loyalty or driving all over the country.

On another note I see you are having a pop at Galway fans on the Mayo blog regarding a flag "spirit of 51" I heard they are calling it. You might tell your crew to leave it at home and behave when travelling to the neighbours house."
Not part of that group mate. Nothing wrong with flags an colour though in my book.

As for the Connacht Council well it's not well run anyone can see that.

yew_tree (Mayo) - Posts: 9855 - 04/06/2017 13:04:34    1994368

Link

Replying To yew_tree:  "Not part of that group mate. Nothing wrong with flags an colour though in my book.

As for the Connacht Council well it's not well run anyone can see that."
Small flags etc grand.. A 80 foot by 30 foot flag, i dont think so.. Leave it at home and cop on. Use it at yer own place if ye want...

Belclare1 (Galway) - Posts: 1626 - 04/06/2017 14:02:46    1994412

Link

Replying To Belclare1:  "Small flags etc grand.. A 80 foot by 30 foot flag, i dont think so.. Leave it at home and cop on. Use it at yer own place if ye want..."
Can you imagine a crowd of young bucks loaded with can's having spent a couple of hours in a bus. It is pouring rain, young families having to put up their carry on trying to open up a stupid flag, blocking peoples view after it has been dropped in puddles etc. They need to cop on, get a normal flag if they want. They can get a big pole and hoist at Croagh Patrick if that floats their boat. I hope the Connacht Council take it, because it is going to cause no end of trouble.

GDL (Galway) - Posts: 331 - 04/06/2017 21:03:27    1994676

Link

Galway season ticket holders have been given the worst seats in the stand. Block A and in the 1st few rows. What a joke

Donaldtrump (Galway) - Posts: 73 - 05/06/2017 18:47:26    1995175

Link

Replying To Donaldtrump:  "Galway season ticket holders have been given the worst seats in the stand. Block A and in the 1st few rows. What a joke"
It does not inspired confidence to get a season ticket in the future.

heartbroken (Galway) - Posts: 281 - 05/06/2017 21:33:16    1995269

Link

Replying To heartbroken:  "It does not inspired confidence to get a season ticket in the future."
You can have mine heartbroken. Don't think there is much point travelling up such is the confidence in Galway. Back door for us again. But we did alright through it last year so you never know.

pray4sam (Mayo) - Posts: 90 - 05/06/2017 23:28:55    1995326

Link

Replying To pray4sam:  "You can have mine heartbroken. Don't think there is much point travelling up such is the confidence in Galway. Back door for us again. But we did alright through it last year so you never know."
That's the trouble with Mayo they think coming 2th in All Ireland is good.

We have had the players in the past who took there chances Ja, MD, Joyce,etc . Present team on the way up though they play that horrible defensive Game.

Regarding your ticket thanks for offer but please give it to a Mayo fan God knows ye have yer heartbroken more times then Galway fans

heartbroken (Galway) - Posts: 281 - 06/06/2017 07:15:31    1995360

Link

Replying To pray4sam:  "You can have mine heartbroken. Don't think there is much point travelling up such is the confidence in Galway. Back door for us again. But we did alright through it last year so you never know."
"such is the confidence in Galway"
I'm not quite sure where you are getting that idea from.
I'm involved in football myself and haven't detected that at all.
My own opinion is that Mayo will probably win narrowly.
They are still a bit ahead of us at the moment.
But we will give ye a game that's for sure. I'd be shocked if we didn't to be honest.

galwayman2 (Galway) - Posts: 641 - 06/06/2017 09:00:13    1995374

Link

Some amount of sourness on this thread!

Looking forward to a great game between a resurgent Galway and a battle-hardened Mayo outfit. Both counties have had their fair share of success at underage in recent years and the return of some auld hands may add further interest to the western derby.

Am hoping that Mayo will see it out, am predicting a two point win, with the caveat that this will only hold if we up the performance levels significantly from the Sligo game.

Gleebo (Mayo) - Posts: 1676 - 06/06/2017 14:37:43    1995643

Link

Replying To Belclare1:  "Ponga we in Galway have a lot more travelling to do to supoport our teams, last weekend in Tullamore, next In Pearse, Weekend after Leinster semi and hopefully a Leinster final.. Bringing children to all the above or as many as possible means a season ticket would be costly to cover everyone..
On another note i see the Mayo fans are bringing a 60foot x 30foot flag to Pearse on Sunday week to have over the fans on the Rockbarton rd side. They do know that this is not soccer with segregation for supporters. Imagine the Galway fans having paid good money and this thing is been passed over your heads.. May cause some problems!!"
Just out of interest, what proportion of Galway's support would you say actively follows the senior county teams in both codes? I always thought that the support bases were geographically distinct, so would have relatively little crossover. I'm open to correction, though.

Gleebo (Mayo) - Posts: 1676 - 06/06/2017 16:02:20    1995713

Link

Replying To Gleebo:  "Just out of interest, what proportion of Galway's support would you say actively follows the senior county teams in both codes? I always thought that the support bases were geographically distinct, so would have relatively little crossover. I'm open to correction, though."
Ah theres a fair amount of football supporters that would follow the hurlers, especially when they are hurling well (I'm not saying winning, but hurling well). Id say less of the hurling people follow the footballers (but I am open to being proven wrong on this).

On a side note, of course Mayo have far more season ticket holders:
1) Ye don't have a modicium of interest in any hurling
2) Ye have been one of the main contenders for Sam for the last 10 years and playing good football all along
3) Ye don't have the same rivalry for sports/ other hobbies as in Galway (that this is a legitimate point), Galway City Harriers is the bigst running club in the country, Galway Triathlon club is biggest tri club in the country

The_DOC (Galway) - Posts: 601 - 06/06/2017 16:44:11    1995760

Link

Replying To The_DOC:  "Ah theres a fair amount of football supporters that would follow the hurlers, especially when they are hurling well (I'm not saying winning, but hurling well). Id say less of the hurling people follow the footballers (but I am open to being proven wrong on this).

On a side note, of course Mayo have far more season ticket holders:
1) Ye don't have a modicium of interest in any hurling
2) Ye have been one of the main contenders for Sam for the last 10 years and playing good football all along
3) Ye don't have the same rivalry for sports/ other hobbies as in Galway (that this is a legitimate point), Galway City Harriers is the bigst running club in the country, Galway Triathlon club is biggest tri club in the country"
In response to point 1, of course football will always be the bigger and more popular of the two codes in Mayo, as with most counties. However, Mayo have done relatively well in hurling over the past 15 years or so given the lack of tradition with the small ball. IMO we don't deserve to be lumped in with Kilkenny or some of the football-dominated counties who actively thwart the development of hurling within their borders.

On point 3, this always amuses me, especially when our friends from the pale trot it out. Believe it or not, there are also a multitude of sports played in Mayo too. Castlebar and Westport have successful junior soccer teams who have played senior football, likewise, Castlebar has produced several Irish champions (and one current pro) in tennis. A swimmer from my town represented Ireland in the Olympics just passed, for example. Gavan Duffy from Ballina was on the Irish rugby squad for several years, while we lost the two Hanleys to AFL. The school I attended overachieves in basketball and won several national titles while I was there. So it's simply not true that Mayo people are obsessed by football and only football.

Gleebo (Mayo) - Posts: 1676 - 06/06/2017 17:41:30    1995808

Link

Replying To Gleebo:  "In response to point 1, of course football will always be the bigger and more popular of the two codes in Mayo, as with most counties. However, Mayo have done relatively well in hurling over the past 15 years or so given the lack of tradition with the small ball. IMO we don't deserve to be lumped in with Kilkenny or some of the football-dominated counties who actively thwart the development of hurling within their borders.

On point 3, this always amuses me, especially when our friends from the pale trot it out. Believe it or not, there are also a multitude of sports played in Mayo too. Castlebar and Westport have successful junior soccer teams who have played senior football, likewise, Castlebar has produced several Irish champions (and one current pro) in tennis. A swimmer from my town represented Ireland in the Olympics just passed, for example. Gavan Duffy from Ballina was on the Irish rugby squad for several years, while we lost the two Hanleys to AFL. The school I attended overachieves in basketball and won several national titles while I was there. So it's simply not true that Mayo people are obsessed by football and only football."
On your response to point 1 - I completely agree, great strides being made in Mayo hurling over the past few years, however its no where near a comparison to Galway which would rival the footballers for support and season ticket sales. Then take the hurling clubs who don't do football out of Galway and you are reducing the amount of lads playing football by a considerable amount the likes of heartlands such as Gort, Port, Castledaly, Adrahan, Bullan, Mullagh, Clarinbridge ah I could go on - even if they were to produce one footballer of intercounty standard every 10 years hat would add to a stronger Galway.

With regard to your latter response in terms of rival sports, I'm not sure a comparison to Dublin can be rolled out here at Galway all in all has a population of around 160k people. And all of the sports you mention we also have including losing the odd lad to Rugby etc. but I'm saying that we have two of the biggest clubs in the country (by membership numbers) in Galway City Harrier's (athletics) and Galway Tri Club - that's a massive % in comparison to other counties.

The_DOC (Galway) - Posts: 601 - 07/06/2017 08:30:55    1996173

Link

Replying To The_DOC:  "On your response to point 1 - I completely agree, great strides being made in Mayo hurling over the past few years, however its no where near a comparison to Galway which would rival the footballers for support and season ticket sales. Then take the hurling clubs who don't do football out of Galway and you are reducing the amount of lads playing football by a considerable amount the likes of heartlands such as Gort, Port, Castledaly, Adrahan, Bullan, Mullagh, Clarinbridge ah I could go on - even if they were to produce one footballer of intercounty standard every 10 years hat would add to a stronger Galway.

With regard to your latter response in terms of rival sports, I'm not sure a comparison to Dublin can be rolled out here at Galway all in all has a population of around 160k people. And all of the sports you mention we also have including losing the odd lad to Rugby etc. but I'm saying that we have two of the biggest clubs in the country (by membership numbers) in Galway City Harrier's (athletics) and Galway Tri Club - that's a massive % in comparison to other counties."
Galway has a population of 258,552 the fifth biggest in the country. Mayo are back on 130,638 and falling. But you have to take into consideration that Galway is a dual county and the city would have a percentage with no GAA interest.

There are however more football clubs in Galway than Mayo so I assume Galway has a bigger playing and therefore football pick than Mayo which may surprise some people.

yew_tree (Mayo) - Posts: 9855 - 07/06/2017 09:43:16    1996226

Link