Galway Forum

Anger sourcing match tickets

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Just collected my couple of stand tickets at our local Party's cumann meeting, loads of them floating around from our man involved. Didn't even have to pay for them once I look after his club the next time I'm doing their game, he will give me the nod, no winks in Gaa, if a guy winks at you in this game, it has to be nighty night for him. I don't think I will bother going, I have them up online for auction there if anyone is interested.

moc.dna (Galway) - Posts: 809 - 01/06/2017 09:08:32    1992897

Link

Replying To heartbroken:  "Well thebossofallmen your post makes my point perfect. Get in the Know with the nod and wink gang and you ge a ticket.

I can get a Terence ticket no problem so my post was not to get someone to feel sorry for me and give me a ticket. I was just pointing out how unfair the GAA is to genuine people who don't subscribe to a nod and wink society. Roll on Sunday week gailimh abu my seat is now booked in front of TV"
Get a season ticket and the "genuine" fan will be looked after. It is only the price of a night out and you get entrance to all your county's league games.

yew_tree (Mayo) - Posts: 9856 - 01/06/2017 09:17:17    1992899

Link

Replying To Belclare1:  "Ponga we in Galway have a lot more travelling to do to supoport our teams, last weekend in Tullamore, next In Pearse, Weekend after Leinster semi and hopefully a Leinster final.. Bringing children to all the above or as many as possible means a season ticket would be costly to cover everyone..
On another note i see the Mayo fans are bringing a 60foot x 30foot flag to Pearse on Sunday week to have over the fans on the Rockbarton rd side. They do know that this is not soccer with segregation for supporters. Imagine the Galway fans having paid good money and this thing is been passed over your heads.. May cause some problems!!"
No problem when it passes over me, is it flammable ?

moc.dna (Galway) - Posts: 809 - 01/06/2017 09:48:32    1992909

Link

Replying To heartbroken:  "Well thebossofallmen your post makes my point perfect. Get in the Know with the nod and wink gang and you ge a ticket.

I can get a Terence ticket no problem so my post was not to get someone to feel sorry for me and give me a ticket. I was just pointing out how unfair the GAA is to genuine people who don't subscribe to a nod and wink society. Roll on Sunday week gailimh abu my seat is now booked in front of TV"
first world problem if u cant get a stand ticket.....there are disabled passes for those who really need them..enjoy the armchair

thebossofallmen (Galway) - Posts: 43 - 01/06/2017 10:37:45    1992928

Link

Yes the Season ticket is a fantastic idea and are so popular in Mayo and Dublin now that only renewals were accepted at the started of the campaign. Unfortunately when we looked into it my family and I wouldn't be in a position to attend most league games as I work most weekends and I am also heavily involved in the coaching in my local club. My wife is currently pregnant and as such terrace tickets are not suitable and as such it appears that the 4 of us in my family will not be able to attend. And no, secretary of our club has informed me that the club has not received any correspondence that tickets will be available through the clubs.

lynch2009 (Galway) - Posts: 27 - 01/06/2017 15:54:04    1993116

Link

Replying To lynch2009:  "Yes the Season ticket is a fantastic idea and are so popular in Mayo and Dublin now that only renewals were accepted at the started of the campaign. Unfortunately when we looked into it my family and I wouldn't be in a position to attend most league games as I work most weekends and I am also heavily involved in the coaching in my local club. My wife is currently pregnant and as such terrace tickets are not suitable and as such it appears that the 4 of us in my family will not be able to attend. And no, secretary of our club has informed me that the club has not received any correspondence that tickets will be available through the clubs."
you also forgot to add that the dog ate your homework...yawn...loads of tickets out there...just go the game and enjoy it

thebossofallmen (Galway) - Posts: 43 - 01/06/2017 17:23:09    1993162

Link

Replying To moc.dna:  "No problem when it passes over me, is it flammable ?"
You're not the first Galway man to say that.. I'd say it will go up in flames in seconds!!!

Belclare1 (Galway) - Posts: 1626 - 01/06/2017 17:45:40    1993179

Link

Replying To thebossofallmen:  "you also forgot to add that the dog ate your homework...yawn...loads of tickets out there...just go the game and enjoy it"
Well thebossofallmen please tell us where the tickets are. No clubs have been allocated tickets thats official.

My figures might not be 100% accurate but say stand takes 9000 Mayo season ticket holders get 4500 galway season ticket holders get 500 and let's be more then generous and say 1000 tickets for x players etc. That leaves 3000 tickets for the ordinary fan but where are they other then with the nod and wink gang

heartbroken (Galway) - Posts: 281 - 02/06/2017 18:03:21    1993646

Link

Replying To heartbroken:  "Well thebossofallmen please tell us where the tickets are. No clubs have been allocated tickets thats official.

My figures might not be 100% accurate but say stand takes 9000 Mayo season ticket holders get 4500 galway season ticket holders get 500 and let's be more then generous and say 1000 tickets for x players etc. That leaves 3000 tickets for the ordinary fan but where are they other then with the nod and wink gang"
Were you in Castlebar last year? Also please define an ordinary fan? Are season ticket holders not ordinary?

yew_tree (Mayo) - Posts: 9856 - 02/06/2017 21:36:28    1993722

Link

Replying To Belclare1:  "Ponga we in Galway have a lot more travelling to do to supoport our teams, last weekend in Tullamore, next In Pearse, Weekend after Leinster semi and hopefully a Leinster final.. Bringing children to all the above or as many as possible means a season ticket would be costly to cover everyone..
On another note i see the Mayo fans are bringing a 60foot x 30foot flag to Pearse on Sunday week to have over the fans on the Rockbarton rd side. They do know that this is not soccer with segregation for supporters. Imagine the Galway fans having paid good money and this thing is been passed over your heads.. May cause some problems!!"
Where did you see this? The absolute state of this. Wouldn't advise anyone to go messing around with fire But you could see how it would happen. This is Galways home ground and that end is the more popular side to stand, Some shower of sad human beings, reinforcing the stereotype constantly

jafallon (Galway) - Posts: 489 - 03/06/2017 12:18:19    1993877

Link

I am totally confused about stand ticket allocation. Now I appreciate I got one through the season ticket allocation but I'm down on the fourteen metre line. Have Mayo got the centre of the stand. Yes people will say I did well, but I'm am for the terraces rather than down low in a corner that makes no sense to me after travelling to Newry and Enniscrone and other exotic locations in January, February & March. I believe the players and their families should get the best tickets followed by season ticket holders, then club allocation.... I acknowledge it is a Connacht Council fixture but the county board have to make a stand on loyalty. I got fed up buying tickets and then been last in the line at my club come the All Ireland and decided to invest in a season ticket to guarantee my attendance with a decent view of the match. I might as well watch Brolly and Spillane on the TV.

GDL (Galway) - Posts: 331 - 03/06/2017 14:22:40    1993919

Link

Replying To GDL:  "I am totally confused about stand ticket allocation. Now I appreciate I got one through the season ticket allocation but I'm down on the fourteen metre line. Have Mayo got the centre of the stand. Yes people will say I did well, but I'm am for the terraces rather than down low in a corner that makes no sense to me after travelling to Newry and Enniscrone and other exotic locations in January, February & March. I believe the players and their families should get the best tickets followed by season ticket holders, then club allocation.... I acknowledge it is a Connacht Council fixture but the county board have to make a stand on loyalty. I got fed up buying tickets and then been last in the line at my club come the All Ireland and decided to invest in a season ticket to guarantee my attendance with a decent view of the match. I might as well watch Brolly and Spillane on the TV."
The capacity of the stand is approx 8000, Mayo have 3700 season ticket holders between Cairde Maigheo & Croke Park sales & they also have the greatest number of sponsors which is another block of tickets. Galway football have only 500. That is over half the capacity of the stand taken up by Mayo so fair play to them. The fact that they get the centre of the stand every year is down to the fact that they dominate the Connacht Council & Galway let them do so. No point blaming the Connacht Council, the blame should be laid at Galway & the way they run things & the people they put forward. So many who purchased the five year tickets in 2003 for the Stadium were told clubs would have first access. Lads playing finals rarely got a chance to play in it even with requests, no wonder they failed to renew so many of those five year tickets. Yes they have changed that now but only after the damage was done. You reap what you sow, treat people like sh%t & they won't bother supporting or coming back. The Stadium will be packed with Mayo fans the next day & will outnumber Galway fans. Years of apathy, neglect, back stabbing & politics is one of the main reasons that the support is poor. Only if they get to Croke Park on final day will it change. If you want to see how many real fans there are go to a league game & you will see the same few there all the time, the clubhouse in Navan O Mahonys, Pairc Esler, Brewster Park etc are such places. When Galway did beat Mayo in C'bar under Kevin, there were only approx 1000 Galway people out of 23,000 ! Stay at home & watch it on the telly as it could well be one staid boring defensive game.

moc.dna (Galway) - Posts: 809 - 03/06/2017 17:06:52    1993958

Link

Replying To jafallon:  "Where did you see this? The absolute state of this. Wouldn't advise anyone to go messing around with fire But you could see how it would happen. This is Galways home ground and that end is the more popular side to stand, Some shower of sad human beings, reinforcing the stereotype constantly"
it's happening all right, they even have an independent supporters group who are bringing the flag.. The didn't have it in Castlebar the last day.. Shouldn't be allowed. I saw it on the Mayogaablog

Belclare1 (Galway) - Posts: 1626 - 03/06/2017 17:25:35    1993965

Link

Connacht council is based in Mayo and full of mayo people....how do you think they got the centre of mediocrity inside mayo boundaries...and all croke park money! The tickets is another one and they will dominate the stand we just have to dominate the terrace and be vocal...!

squares_edge (Galway) - Posts: 530 - 03/06/2017 18:15:22    1993988

Link

This is the whiniest thread I've ever seen. Man-up lads and stick them big Galway chests out !

ponga (Mayo) - Posts: 477 - 03/06/2017 19:48:50    1994018

Link

Replying To ponga:  "This is the whiniest thread I've ever seen. Man-up lads and stick them big Galway chests out !"
When you bother to buy a season ticket your seat in your home stadium should be the same for the year... simple enough logic... When you travel away you take what you get. Could you imagine the GAA moving the Dublin Hill 16 season ticket holders to the upper section of the canal end. I have sat between the 65 and halfway for every game this year bar Tuam Stadium where I go to the big Terrace opposite the stand always have since going with my father etc. Mayo have nearly 4000 ticket holders which equates to over half a million in funding as some have club and county option. Galway have less than 500 in both Hurling and Football. Galway are trying to build this fan base. But if they let the Connacht Council treat regular attenders like this they will never do it.

GDL (Galway) - Posts: 331 - 03/06/2017 20:30:30    1994044

Link

Replying To GDL:  "When you bother to buy a season ticket your seat in your home stadium should be the same for the year... simple enough logic... When you travel away you take what you get. Could you imagine the GAA moving the Dublin Hill 16 season ticket holders to the upper section of the canal end. I have sat between the 65 and halfway for every game this year bar Tuam Stadium where I go to the big Terrace opposite the stand always have since going with my father etc. Mayo have nearly 4000 ticket holders which equates to over half a million in funding as some have club and county option. Galway have less than 500 in both Hurling and Football. Galway are trying to build this fan base. But if they let the Connacht Council treat regular attenders like this they will never do it."
Pure whiney drivel. If Mayo have over 4,000 with a much smaller population than Galway who have far fewer ST holders then I would say look at yourselves and ask why ye didn't take up the season ticket options when they were there. As for positioning of ST holders, I've had good and bad in the past and in this case it's just outside 20m line. Someone has to get the good, the bad, and the ugly seats. Get on with it !!

ponga (Mayo) - Posts: 477 - 03/06/2017 20:46:34    1994055

Link

No it is fact. Pure Whiney drivel as you call it is on another social media platform from a particular county north of Miltown!!!

GDL (Galway) - Posts: 331 - 03/06/2017 20:52:47    1994067

Link

Replying To GDL:  "No it is fact. Pure Whiney drivel as you call it is on another social media platform from a particular county north of Miltown!!!"
Get your tickets, go to the game and stop f***ing moaning !!

ponga (Mayo) - Posts: 477 - 03/06/2017 21:02:30    1994084

Link

Replying To ponga:  "Get your tickets, go to the game and stop f***ing moaning !!"
I have my tickets already as a season ticket holder could you not follow the discussion, now move back to your own forum or the delusional blog your kin continue to write on daily. Good evening and goodbye.

GDL (Galway) - Posts: 331 - 03/06/2017 21:13:24    1994092

Link