Dublin Forum

Dublin V Kerry

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Anyone know the expected attendance for Sunday?

Dubsfan28 (Dublin) - Posts: 2275 - 07/04/2017 15:45:06    1976934

Link

Replying To waynoI:  "I am here with you, though were far apart, youre always in my heart......."
Ok wayno, you're creeping me out now :D

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 7701 - 07/04/2017 19:21:37    1976979

Link

Replying To Dubsfan28:  "Anyone know the expected attendance for Sunday?"
it will surely hit between 50/55000?

Stmunnsriver (Wexford) - Posts: 1751 - 07/04/2017 19:43:33    1976989

Link

It's great to be a Dub.

gormdubhgorm (Dublin) - Posts: 990 - 09/04/2017 11:36:03    1977313

Link

Lads of course I wanted to win but for me this is a blessing in disguise, we needed to be beaten honestly the hurt from today will bring them on no end. Dubs when we're fully fit with everyone back will batter them all trust me I'm happy right now. Even playing terrible we were an inch away from a draw (by the way how did Rock not get a pen) ,last thing Jim a ff line of berno rock Andrews doesn't work too slow.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 09/04/2017 18:03:35    1977494

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "Lads of course I wanted to win but for me this is a blessing in disguise, we needed to be beaten honestly the hurt from today will bring them on no end. Dubs when we're fully fit with everyone back will batter them all trust me I'm happy right now. Even playing terrible we were an inch away from a draw (by the way how did Rock not get a pen) ,last thing Jim a ff line of berno rock Andrews doesn't work too slow."
Totally agree ! Losing that game is not a bad thing ! At least the unbeaten run pressure is gone .Play them again in a few months and there is only one winner !

grahamc9897 (Meath) - Posts: 1036 - 09/04/2017 18:20:26    1977510

Link

Said this yesterday lads, it will do us the world of good!

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 7701 - 09/04/2017 18:37:39    1977529

Link

Dublin were poor all over the pitch, how was Flynn left on for so long. Definitely need Cooper and Mc Caffery back for late championship. Dublin should have been well beaten last week and this only that Kerry started panicking at the end they should have been easy winners. Gavin should have learnt a few lessons about some of his players. Paul Mannion nearly did the impossible and save Dublin. Connolly's card would have usually been a yellow but the ref was tight another game on the sideline.

theduke66 (Dublin) - Posts: 320 - 09/04/2017 18:59:55    1977553

Link

I reckon Mannion will start in the summer

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 7701 - 09/04/2017 20:05:26    1977596

Link

Overall Kerry were the better team and really it shouldn't have come down to the last kick. We definitely haven't been out our best in the league and really our battling qualities have saved us in a number of games. We looked a little tired today but despite all that when we went at it in the last 10 minutes, Kerry really were in trouble. What have we learnt from the league in general and today. We can't go with a full forward line come championship of Rock, Andrews and brogan, they collectively lack place. Really hope to see one of mannion, Costello or O Callaghan nail a place down. We will hopefully have small, mccaffrey and Cooper back and they will solidify the defence. Who partners Fenton is a big question for Gavin and Co. Again mccauley comes in and brings his battling qualities to the game but problem is that he lacks consistency. Would looking at mccaffrey as a wing forward be an option. Finally I cannot give an opinion on Connollys sending off but the problem is it is becoming too regular and he really needs to learn to deal with whatever is being thrown at him. He is simply too important and good a player too be spending so much time off the pitch. I wouldn't be overly despondent but we all have to realise that we or some great players might be slightly on the wane and the sands of time stands still for nobody. Hardly a crime to lose a game after the long run they have been on and hopefully we will be thereabouts come September.

Adamski (Dublin) - Posts: 339 - 09/04/2017 20:17:33    1977599

Link

1. Cluxton
2. Copper
3. Fitzsimon
4. McMahon
6. O Sullivan
7. Mccaffrey
8. Fenton
9. McCauley
10. McManaman
11. Kilkenny
12. Connolly
13. Mannion
14. Rock (if he's not scoring the frees then he shouldn't be playing not doing enough from play)
15. Costello or O Callaghan

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 09/04/2017 20:53:08    1977627

Link

I agree with the consensus thought Kerry deserved it today. We looked like a tired team no one to support Fenton in midfield basically Kerry man marked Fenton and gave D Moran free reign, Andrews and Rock were POOR, CONNOLLY that's a different discussion for a thread already opened. Mccarthy, mannion KilKenny, Mick Fitzgerald were good. Team needs freshing up. League overall was scrappy we could have probably done without that game. By the laws of average Kerry were due one glad it was in April and not September.

jacktheDub (Dublin) - Posts: 887 - 09/04/2017 21:11:17    1977634

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "1. Cluxton
2. Copper
3. Fitzsimon
4. McMahon
6. O Sullivan
7. Mccaffrey
8. Fenton
9. McCauley
10. McManaman
11. Kilkenny
12. Connolly
13. Mannion
14. Rock (if he's not scoring the frees then he shouldn't be playing not doing enough from play)
15. Costello or O Callaghan"
Clon
I know this Dublin team are good but to win an all Ireland with 14 men in every game might be a stretch!!!! Lol. I presume James McCarthy is at 5.
Some team.

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 1747 - 09/04/2017 22:42:58    1977692

Link

Dubs I keep saying it and I'll say it again we need more pace in our team you seen when mannion came on they couldn't handle him at all , also its gas when you lose no one played well on the Dublin team Tomas O Se thought Kilkenny was quiet for me he was easily our best player.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 09/04/2017 22:58:53    1977696

Link

Replying To Adamski:  "Overall Kerry were the better team and really it shouldn't have come down to the last kick. We definitely haven't been out our best in the league and really our battling qualities have saved us in a number of games. We looked a little tired today but despite all that when we went at it in the last 10 minutes, Kerry really were in trouble. What have we learnt from the league in general and today. We can't go with a full forward line come championship of Rock, Andrews and brogan, they collectively lack place. Really hope to see one of mannion, Costello or O Callaghan nail a place down. We will hopefully have small, mccaffrey and Cooper back and they will solidify the defence. Who partners Fenton is a big question for Gavin and Co. Again mccauley comes in and brings his battling qualities to the game but problem is that he lacks consistency. Would looking at mccaffrey as a wing forward be an option. Finally I cannot give an opinion on Connollys sending off but the problem is it is becoming too regular and he really needs to learn to deal with whatever is being thrown at him. He is simply too important and good a player too be spending so much time off the pitch. I wouldn't be overly despondent but we all have to realise that we or some great players might be slightly on the wane and the sands of time stands still for nobody. Hardly a crime to lose a game after the long run they have been on and hopefully we will be thereabouts come September."
For me, Mannion and Costello should partner Rock in the inside forwards. I would move Cian to midfield with Fenton and have a HB line of James, Johnny Small and Jack.

Joxer (Dublin) - Posts: 4181 - 09/04/2017 23:37:12    1977712

Link

Strange performance today.
for first 25 minutes we were well on top and controlling the game and against the wind.
Then from 25-55th minute we went to sleep. I don't think we had a shot on goal from half time to 50th minute and no score till 54th minute that's not good enough in any game, especially with a wind behind you.
Mannion made a huge difference when he came on and McCauley added urgency but felt reddin was hard done by. For me Fenton was the one to go he wasn't at races where as reddin kicked two points.
some very poor calls by the ref in second half, they got a run of frees that scored from,where the same tackles were going in down the other end and we couldn't buy a free. Brogan should had free for his legs taken when coming out for a ball on the 21 was clear as day and a score would have settled us but again nothing.
the last 10 minutes again big calls went against us. Twice should have had penalty in the one play, keeper threw the ball clearly to the side and rock was fouled picking it up again got nothing from it and Kerry go up and score. Same as when we had momentum a point down and scully is in the process of catching a kickout and is pushed in the back, would have given us a mark but ball spills and Kerry go up and get their last point. One point game theses things are vital.
think Gavin has few big calls to make in next eight weeks. Connolly temperment, Flynn starter or impact sub? Or midfield?
rock starter for frees only? Or impact sub?
Mannion and o Callaghan will put pressure to be in first 15 l would feel and will scully get first shot at number 10 Jersey for Leinster championship.

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 09/04/2017 23:43:22    1977715

Link

Fitzmaurice timed his outburst on refereeing perfectly ...Kerry, flynn and colm keys all had there say during the week on how hard kerry have been done by referee...Kerry were definitely the benefactor of some questionable decisions today. Absolute stone wall penalty not given was a shocker.
Are you aloud to jump up and down in front of a freetaker? Dont think you are?

jacktheDub (Dublin) - Posts: 887 - 10/04/2017 00:22:25    1977724

Link

First of all good post Hill couldn't agree more ,
Reddin was hard done by IMO , its funny those analysing the league some household names always seem to get a bye , less established lads are hard done by default we lose it must be down to them .For me Dean Rock and P Flynn are lucky to be starting games on current form.
One Dublin poster last week said am I the only one who cant see us getting beaten ???
Well I replied cant see where our next defeat is coming from all I know is that IT IS coming, and it came to pass.
For me were we fell down was as follows , lateral hand passing , all full back line doing 360 turns and taking their man on when an off load was clearly visible , this manoeuvre gives time for Kerry to set up their defence.
Midfield didn't get the back up required when it was obvious the tactic that Kerry were playing was to bottle up Fenton and keep Moran free ,
Some said full forward line are too slow , that may well be very true but honestly the height of some of the hospital balls played in were very poor.
Its easy to dissect every Gavin decision , however most on here thought it was a strong team taking to the pitch , to a man everyone predicted a Dublin win ,
To the summer Jim has big questions I personally don't think the team is as easy to name as some on here think , Connolly temperament needs addressing , midfield needs to be more solid , there are far too many players whose reputations are based on impact performances , we need lads that can perform from the first minute, its time for reputations to stand up.
Last word on Kerry congrats , better team won no complaints , bring on the summer.

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 10/04/2017 10:47:34    1977825

Link

Replying To Damothedub:  "First of all good post Hill couldn't agree more ,
Reddin was hard done by IMO , its funny those analysing the league some household names always seem to get a bye , less established lads are hard done by default we lose it must be down to them .For me Dean Rock and P Flynn are lucky to be starting games on current form.
One Dublin poster last week said am I the only one who cant see us getting beaten ???
Well I replied cant see where our next defeat is coming from all I know is that IT IS coming, and it came to pass.
For me were we fell down was as follows , lateral hand passing , all full back line doing 360 turns and taking their man on when an off load was clearly visible , this manoeuvre gives time for Kerry to set up their defence.
Midfield didn't get the back up required when it was obvious the tactic that Kerry were playing was to bottle up Fenton and keep Moran free ,
Some said full forward line are too slow , that may well be very true but honestly the height of some of the hospital balls played in were very poor.
Its easy to dissect every Gavin decision , however most on here thought it was a strong team taking to the pitch , to a man everyone predicted a Dublin win ,
To the summer Jim has big questions I personally don't think the team is as easy to name as some on here think , Connolly temperament needs addressing , midfield needs to be more solid , there are far too many players whose reputations are based on impact performances , we need lads that can perform from the first minute, its time for reputations to stand up.
Last word on Kerry congrats , better team won no complaints , bring on the summer."
Yeah I said "am I the only one who couldn't see us losing"

Your also the man who said lowdnes is better than mccaffrey

Sometimes we get it wrong that's life. I still think come summer when everyone's fit and we pick the right team will win Sam. That's my opinion

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 10/04/2017 11:31:57    1977855

Link

Rock contributing very little from play of late. Bar the Cavan game I have not seen anything from Scully to suggest he is up to this level yet.

Liamwalkinstown (Dublin) - Posts: 8156 - 10/04/2017 11:33:28    1977857

Link