Dublin Forum

Mayo Battle Cry - Take over the Hill

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Just been browsing a certain forum and there's a battle cry being put out for Mayo fans to take over the Hill, pick an area, everyone stand together bring a flag, bring green and red smoke bombs and everyone wear green and red. It reminds me of when i was younger going on school trips and me and the girls used to have a plan set in place as to how we'd be first on the bus to get the back row! :)

As one bright spark posted: And no online "we're going to take the hill" campaigns….just do it and say nothing unlike the last time where it was all over social media.' Eh the forum is social media?!!

CroiGorm (Dublin) - Posts: 1547 - 29/08/2016 15:55:37    1907684

Link

Replying To CroiGorm:  "Just been browsing a certain forum and there's a battle cry being put out for Mayo fans to take over the Hill, pick an area, everyone stand together bring a flag, bring green and red smoke bombs and everyone wear green and red. It reminds me of when i was younger going on school trips and me and the girls used to have a plan set in place as to how we'd be first on the bus to get the back row! :)

As one bright spark posted: And no online "we're going to take the hill" campaigns….just do it and say nothing unlike the last time where it was all over social media.' Eh the forum is social media?!!"
It worked well the last time for their team

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19818 - 29/08/2016 16:05:57    1907690

Link

CroiGorm - I fail to see your problem with the half price tickets being made available to Mayo fans. No point getting upset over kids and clowns on on social media. Now if the lower Davin was made available to Mayo only at that price then your onto a winner. I always liked the way opposing counties too an end each but that needed with the demolition of the canal end.
Despite what I was told when I stood up against the back wall in 2013 of the hill....it does not belong to Dublin. I won't be in this time. From experience the clubs in Mayo all seems to get a allocation of hill tickets and it's usually the younger member that snap them up as they prefer to be with their friends while the seated ticket's are taken the older ones.

yew_tree (Mayo) - Posts: 10073 - 29/08/2016 16:15:42    1907700

Link

Replying To yew_tree:  "CroiGorm - I fail to see your problem with the half price tickets being made available to Mayo fans. No point getting upset over kids and clowns on on social media. Now if the lower Davin was made available to Mayo only at that price then your onto a winner. I always liked the way opposing counties too an end each but that needed with the demolition of the canal end.
Despite what I was told when I stood up against the back wall in 2013 of the hill....it does not belong to Dublin. I won't be in this time. From experience the clubs in Mayo all seems to get a allocation of hill tickets and it's usually the younger member that snap them up as they prefer to be with their friends while the seated ticket's are taken the older ones."
Eh sorry?? Where did i say I had a problem with Hill tickets being made available to Mayo fans?? I was merely enjoying the fact that there's this hush hush 'take over the Hill campaign' that's not very hush hush! You really need to read a post properly before you post.

CroiGorm (Dublin) - Posts: 1547 - 29/08/2016 16:23:32    1907704

Link

Replying To yew_tree:  "CroiGorm - I fail to see your problem with the half price tickets being made available to Mayo fans. No point getting upset over kids and clowns on on social media. Now if the lower Davin was made available to Mayo only at that price then your onto a winner. I always liked the way opposing counties too an end each but that needed with the demolition of the canal end.
Despite what I was told when I stood up against the back wall in 2013 of the hill....it does not belong to Dublin. I won't be in this time. From experience the clubs in Mayo all seems to get a allocation of hill tickets and it's usually the younger member that snap them up as they prefer to be with their friends while the seated ticket's are taken the older ones."
Interesting that you consider Willie Joe's forum to be full of 'kids and clowns' though, that's where this 'ambush' is being planned! And by the way, i don't tend to get 'upset' over something I find amusing.

CroiGorm (Dublin) - Posts: 1547 - 29/08/2016 16:25:35    1907708

Link

Replying To CroiGorm:  "Interesting that you consider Willie Joe's forum to be full of 'kids and clowns' though, that's where this 'ambush' is being planned! And by the way, i don't tend to get 'upset' over something I find amusing."
I didn't say it was full of clowns but you referenced one comment. Most comments on that topic don't even mention the hill. Lot's of people get giddy with excitement in the build up to a final. Some very posters on that forum that post good posts but you seem to be going over there looking for something to offend you.

yew_tree (Mayo) - Posts: 10073 - 29/08/2016 16:40:52    1907718

Link

Replying To yew_tree:  "I didn't say it was full of clowns but you referenced one comment. Most comments on that topic don't even mention the hill. Lot's of people get giddy with excitement in the build up to a final. Some very posters on that forum that post good posts but you seem to be going over there looking for something to offend you."
Ah here. I think the only person offended here is you Yew Tree, I'm just highly amused! And by the way, I referenced more than one comment. I can copy and paste them here if you'd like?! ;)

CroiGorm (Dublin) - Posts: 1547 - 29/08/2016 16:52:23    1907727

Link

Replying To yew_tree:  "I didn't say it was full of clowns but you referenced one comment. Most comments on that topic don't even mention the hill. Lot's of people get giddy with excitement in the build up to a final. Some very posters on that forum that post good posts but you seem to be going over there looking for something to offend you."
Have a bit of time on my hands there yew tree: 1 comment you say??

1. We also need to split the hill. A full hill is an advantage to Dublin - that is why they guard it so much. We need to take that away from them from the get-go. Imagine the lift that will give the players to come out and see us giving them no change in the hill, that would set the tone and maybe even spook the dubs.

2. I know people are deterred from the Hill because of the behaviour of some of the Dubs, but if we get in there in numbers, there is a bit of comfort. None of this "leave them the Hill" rubbish - we have to dilute that wall of sound.

3. I would like to see Mayo fans who secure hill tickets, pick an area (The hill is split into three sections) to stand together and get in EARLY. (your own comment)

4. To quiet the hill and defeat the so called greatest team to ever play the game despite them having every possible advantage a team can have. It really would be the sweetest of all victories. Mhaigh Eo Abu!!!

5. And for anyone worried about the hill, get in early and take over one or two entire sections. And no online "we're going to take the hill" campaigns….just do it and say nothing unlike the last time where it was all over social media.

6. I have advice for any Mayo supporter's who get Hill central tickets for the upcoming All Ireland, I think their called Hill Dineen,. Be there early, demand your right for the central section, even if the Guards have to be called,. You will get your rightful place, get the highest position in the Hill as possible, while most of the Hill supporter's are OK, some a obnoxious small minority think nothing of bringing in cans of Larger, when their finished drinking them, throwing them at opposition supporter's. Your Green and Red flags will look better the higher up they are in any event! Let's see them wave!

7. Yeah, definitely need to take control of the Hill. Get in there with the biggest green and red flags you can get. Smoke bombs that give off green and red smoke to be let off during the parade and watch the smoke drift over towards the players as they go by.

CroiGorm (Dublin) - Posts: 1547 - 29/08/2016 17:05:47    1907734

Link

Replying To CroiGorm:  "Have a bit of time on my hands there yew tree: 1 comment you say??

1. We also need to split the hill. A full hill is an advantage to Dublin - that is why they guard it so much. We need to take that away from them from the get-go. Imagine the lift that will give the players to come out and see us giving them no change in the hill, that would set the tone and maybe even spook the dubs.

2. I know people are deterred from the Hill because of the behaviour of some of the Dubs, but if we get in there in numbers, there is a bit of comfort. None of this "leave them the Hill" rubbish - we have to dilute that wall of sound.

3. I would like to see Mayo fans who secure hill tickets, pick an area (The hill is split into three sections) to stand together and get in EARLY. (your own comment)

4. To quiet the hill and defeat the so called greatest team to ever play the game despite them having every possible advantage a team can have. It really would be the sweetest of all victories. Mhaigh Eo Abu!!!

5. And for anyone worried about the hill, get in early and take over one or two entire sections. And no online "we're going to take the hill" campaigns….just do it and say nothing unlike the last time where it was all over social media.

6. I have advice for any Mayo supporter's who get Hill central tickets for the upcoming All Ireland, I think their called Hill Dineen,. Be there early, demand your right for the central section, even if the Guards have to be called,. You will get your rightful place, get the highest position in the Hill as possible, while most of the Hill supporter's are OK, some a obnoxious small minority think nothing of bringing in cans of Larger, when their finished drinking them, throwing them at opposition supporter's. Your Green and Red flags will look better the higher up they are in any event! Let's see them wave!

7. Yeah, definitely need to take control of the Hill. Get in there with the biggest green and red flags you can get. Smoke bombs that give off green and red smoke to be let off during the parade and watch the smoke drift over towards the players as they go by."
Again

It sure did work the last day!

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19818 - 29/08/2016 17:30:01    1907747

Link

Croi - you have way too much time on your hands mate :) all I'm saying is Mayo fans have every right to be there. Just like youdubs have every right to climb croagh Patrick....us Mayo fans will be up there a few prayers up there over the coming 3 weeks led by Pat Spillane and Joe Brolly

yew_tree (Mayo) - Posts: 10073 - 29/08/2016 21:22:12    1907833

Link

Replying To yew_tree:  "Croi - you have way too much time on your hands mate :) all I'm saying is Mayo fans have every right to be there. Just like youdubs have every right to climb croagh Patrick....us Mayo fans will be up there a few prayers up there over the coming 3 weeks led by Pat Spillane and Joe Brolly"
And I never said (once) they didn't deserve to be there. Did I?

CroiGorm (Dublin) - Posts: 1547 - 30/08/2016 07:28:49    1907905

Link

Replying To CroiGorm:  "And I never said (once) they didn't deserve to be there. Did I?"
No but looking at social media you have to admit some Dublin fan's don't like that fact that Mayo fans are going to be on the hill en mass like in 2013. Mayo team and fans seem to get under the skin of Dublin. I have said before I think it goes back to 2006. All be it we have little to shout about in regards winning All Ireland's.

yew_tree (Mayo) - Posts: 10073 - 30/08/2016 09:42:31    1907934

Link

THEY MAY TAKE OUR HILL..... BUT THEYLL NEVER TAKE OUT ALL IRELAND TITLEEEEE !!

In all seriousness, It doesn't bother me at all. Good luck to them. Let them take their allocation. Be great to see them all leave with their tail between their legs after we beat them and parade Sam infront of whatever Mayo fans are left on the hill.....

I hope :)

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13531 - 30/08/2016 10:10:21    1907949

Link

There were more Mayo fans on the Hill in 2013 than there will be this year for one simple reason. In 2013, Mayo were in the minor final and were therefore given a bigger allocation. This year, neither team's minors are in the final so the allocation should be more or less equal.-

Tadhgín Tréan (Dublin) - Posts: 26 - 30/08/2016 14:11:29    1908108

Link

Replying To CroiGorm:  "Have a bit of time on my hands there yew tree: 1 comment you say??

7. Yeah, definitely need to take control of the Hill. Get in there with the biggest green and red flags you can get. Smoke bombs that give off green and red smoke to be let off during the parade and watch the smoke drift over towards the players as they go by."
Well done: out of 78 comments on that thread you've picked out less than 10%, most of which aren't even mildly offensive. Fishing expedition?

Gleebo (Mayo) - Posts: 1719 - 30/08/2016 15:56:25    1908185

Link

You've also doctored Yew Tree's comment on that thread, which in full reads as follows:

"We as fans can't effect what happen's on the field but we can offer support. I would like to see Mayo fans who secure hill tickets, pick an area (The hill is split into three sections) to stand together and get in EARLY.
Personally I would let the Dub's have the hill IF the Davin lower was all Mayo and had the 40 euro cost as the hill does. There used to be something special about fans in opposing end's with all their colour."

Snared.

Gleebo (Mayo) - Posts: 1719 - 30/08/2016 15:59:03    1908188

Link

Replying To Gleebo:  "You've also doctored Yew Tree's comment on that thread, which in full reads as follows:

"We as fans can't effect what happen's on the field but we can offer support. I would like to see Mayo fans who secure hill tickets, pick an area (The hill is split into three sections) to stand together and get in EARLY.
Personally I would let the Dub's have the hill IF the Davin lower was all Mayo and had the 40 euro cost as the hill does. There used to be something special about fans in opposing end's with all their colour."

Snared."
Didn't doctor anything, I did however omit some of his comment and purposely only put in the bit where's he's suggesting Mayo fans take over a certain part of the Hill because he stated that only 1 comment on that site referenced doing that, I was merely pointing out he was incorrect and (on that count) there were 7 (including his) and I referenced the sections from each of those comments that did refer to it. Do you want to stick in the remainder of all the other comments I left out too that had no relevance to the point(s) we were discussing i.e. Mayo fans suggesting taking over the Hill?

CroiGorm (Dublin) - Posts: 1547 - 30/08/2016 16:47:44    1908222

Link

Replying To Gleebo:  "You've also doctored Yew Tree's comment on that thread, which in full reads as follows:

Snared."
Snared?! Eh, i think not! Try again.

CroiGorm (Dublin) - Posts: 1547 - 30/08/2016 16:48:30    1908223

Link

Replying To Gleebo:  "Well done: out of 78 comments on that thread you've picked out less than 10%, most of which aren't even mildly offensive. Fishing expedition?"
Can you please point out where I referred to ANY of the posts on that site as being offensive?! Take your time now, wouldn't want you to get it wrong again.

I said i found them amusing . Are you confused and think that amusing and offensive have the same meaning??

CroiGorm (Dublin) - Posts: 1547 - 30/08/2016 16:50:47    1908228

Link

Replying To Gleebo:  "Well done: out of 78 comments on that thread you've picked out less than 10%, most of which aren't even mildly offensive. Fishing expedition?"
Oh and by the way, at my time of posting there were 21 comments so you might want to update your % calculations there ;)

CroiGorm (Dublin) - Posts: 1547 - 30/08/2016 16:53:49    1908232

Link