Dublin Forum

Dublin v Meath

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To ziggy32001:  "Meath made a meal of that today.Michael Newman was very poor.We should have been out the gate,it was comfortable however.Cillian O'Sullivan is a fantastic footballer."
Cillian O'Sullivan may have been good today.

Lets see how good he is in two weeks time.

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13523 - 12/06/2016 19:27:41    1865646

Link

Replying To waynoI:  "Cillian O'Sullivan may have been good today.

Lets see how good he is in two weeks time."
He is a very good footballer wayno.Came back from a back injury that kept him out for two years.great championship debut today.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 12/06/2016 19:57:24    1865678

Link

Meath don't fear the Dubs

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 12867 - 12/06/2016 20:39:57    1865740

Link

Replying To MesAmis:  "Meath don't fear the Dubs"
We don't fear them either.

They are inferior to us right now in every aspect of their game.

We've too much and we should win handily enough whether they fear us or not.

But sport is nuts.

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13523 - 12/06/2016 23:05:28    1865839

Link

Wayno,
It's a game of football Between two counties with great history, 25 years since the great 4 game saga.
We thankfully have a lot of better footballers at the moment and we are winning the battles. It's a game we should win.
and for me we can't beat them enough , but Meath have a lot of pride and will want to give everything against us.
So this talk of them being inferior , is a bit much and arrogant to be honest.
Lets enjoy where we are .

AthCliath (Dublin) - Posts: 4347 - 13/06/2016 00:29:03    1865868

Link

I'm not so sure it's arrogant to say they're an inferior team to us. I think it's fair to say it's true, in a football sense of course.
And I'm pretty sure they fear us, as in fear of losing to us, which let's be honest is more than likely to happen. If I'm wrong, I'll be very surprised and will give Meath the respect they would deserve for beating us.

KerryKillers (Dublin) - Posts: 711 - 13/06/2016 00:56:25    1865875

Link

Dean Rock's on fire
your defence is terriffied
Dean Rock's on fire
na na na na na na na na na na..........

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 13/06/2016 11:05:50    1866012

Link

Meath would do well to keep it to under 10 points of a deficit.

Not only that they have proven to be mentally fragile following the collapse against Westmeath last year.
So even if by some miracle Meath stick with Dublin and make it competitive a collapse will be around the corner.

gormdubhgorm (Dublin) - Posts: 990 - 13/06/2016 12:39:45    1866103

Link

Replying To hill16no1man:  "Dean Rock's on fire
your defence is terriffied
Dean Rock's on fire
na na na na na na na na na na.........."
Maybe the soccer Nordies will be singing that (secretly) after they are knocked out of the euros?
:)

gormdubhgorm (Dublin) - Posts: 990 - 13/06/2016 12:42:46    1866109

Link

haha it got 30 seconds cameo in nowlan park the last day

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 13/06/2016 14:24:04    1866180

Link

Irrespective of the last couple of meetings between the teams and the fact that we have been far superior to Meath since 2010, I firmly believe that this game is fraught with danger for us. Meath have absolutely nothing to lose, apparently have put in a monumental training regime over last number of months,will want to get one over their old rivals and have a manager who is in last chance saloon. Their team looks to have a speedy half forward line and Cillian o Sullivan at 11 is a really fine player who is a playmaker that can make a team tick. There inside forward line is strong physically and quite tall so I would imagine they will test our full back line with some high and cross field balls. We will need to be very close to our best for this one and any over confidence could have serious repercussions for us getting a positive result. Yes we are all Ireland champion, league and Leinster champions but our great rivals have been known to rise from no where with a good team and we need to nip any progress that they are making in the bud. I have no doubt if both teams perform to their level best that we will win but anything less from us could make it very tight. Be forewarned this will be no walk in the park.

Adamski (Dublin) - Posts: 339 - 13/06/2016 15:23:05    1866214

Link

Irrespective of the last couple of meetings between the teams and the fact that we have been far superior to Meath since 2010, I firmly believe that this game is fraught with danger for us. Meath have absolutely nothing to lose, apparently have put in a monumental training regime over last number of months,will want to get one over their old rivals and have a manager who is in last chance saloon. Their team looks to have a speedy half forward line and Cillian o Sullivan at 11 is a really fine player who is a playmaker that can make a team tick. There inside forward line is strong physically and quite tall so I would imagine they will test our full back line with some high and cross field balls. We will need to be very close to our best for this one and any over confidence could have serious repercussions for us getting a positive result. Yes we are all Ireland champion, league and Leinster champions but our great rivals have been known to rise from no where with a good team and we need to nip any progress that they are making in the bud. I have no doubt if both teams perform to their level best that we will win but anything less from us could make it very tight. Be forewarned this will be no walk in the park.

Adamski (Dublin) - Posts: 339 - 13/06/2016 15:23:46    1866215

Link

tickets on sale

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 13/06/2016 15:34:07    1866222

Link

Replying To Adamski:  "Irrespective of the last couple of meetings between the teams and the fact that we have been far superior to Meath since 2010, I firmly believe that this game is fraught with danger for us. Meath have absolutely nothing to lose, apparently have put in a monumental training regime over last number of months,will want to get one over their old rivals and have a manager who is in last chance saloon. Their team looks to have a speedy half forward line and Cillian o Sullivan at 11 is a really fine player who is a playmaker that can make a team tick. There inside forward line is strong physically and quite tall so I would imagine they will test our full back line with some high and cross field balls. We will need to be very close to our best for this one and any over confidence could have serious repercussions for us getting a positive result. Yes we are all Ireland champion, league and Leinster champions but our great rivals have been known to rise from no where with a good team and we need to nip any progress that they are making in the bud. I have no doubt if both teams perform to their level best that we will win but anything less from us could make it very tight. Be forewarned this will be no walk in the park."
Fair enough adamski,but i think there is a bit of a gulf in class,and Meath's performance yesterday has done nothing to change that.I fancy a 10 + victory.

cuederocket (Dublin) - Posts: 5084 - 13/06/2016 15:34:13    1866223

Link

Replying To cuederocket:  "Fair enough adamski,but i think there is a bit of a gulf in class,and Meath's performance yesterday has done nothing to change that.I fancy a 10 + victory."
We also are down to two all stars and also the life cycle of any time at its prime is never more than 5 years. My point is that we just have to be very careful.

Adamski (Dublin) - Posts: 339 - 13/06/2016 15:53:36    1866241

Link

Replying To Adamski:  "We also are down to two all stars and also the life cycle of any time at its prime is never more than 5 years. My point is that we just have to be very careful."
Yes i agree.I think we have the right man in charge who will make sure the players are not complacent.

cuederocket (Dublin) - Posts: 5084 - 13/06/2016 16:13:07    1866261

Link

Replying To cuederocket:  "Fair enough adamski,but i think there is a bit of a gulf in class,and Meath's performance yesterday has done nothing to change that.I fancy a 10 + victory."
In fairness to Meath its been 10 weeks since they had a competitive game.Louth had 2 since. Dublin are obviously hot favourites,but with a little less rustyness,Meath would have won by 10-15 points yesterday.They were that much better on the day.From our point of view it will be interesting to see if we learnt anything from 2 years ago.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 13/06/2016 19:39:20    1866338

Link

Interesting game ahead

If Meath go man v man it'll be a long day for them, just don't see them being able to handle our forwards without a game plan

Obvious enough that they'll more than likely go defensive

Follow suit with the rest, drop men back, try and put pressure on our kickouts etc, etc.. We're well versed to that at this stage and Meath aren't going to reinvent the wheel and come up with anything that we haven't seen and conquered before

I can see us being better defensively against Meath, Gavin wasn't pleased by what he saw against Laois, despite his press stance, Can't see us being caught like that again, and there's a couple of lads that'll want to prove such

Flynn should be back, and maybe Andrews. We should have more options up front

Dublin by +7

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19818 - 13/06/2016 23:05:13    1866431

Link

Replying To ziggy32001:  "In fairness to Meath its been 10 weeks since they had a competitive game.Louth had 2 since. Dublin are obviously hot favourites,but with a little less rustyness,Meath would have won by 10-15 points yesterday.They were that much better on the day.From our point of view it will be interesting to see if we learnt anything from 2 years ago."
You have me worried now ziggy

KerryKillers (Dublin) - Posts: 711 - 13/06/2016 23:57:42    1866450

Link

Replying To jimbodub:  "Interesting game ahead

If Meath go man v man it'll be a long day for them, just don't see them being able to handle our forwards without a game plan

Obvious enough that they'll more than likely go defensive

Follow suit with the rest, drop men back, try and put pressure on our kickouts etc, etc.. We're well versed to that at this stage and Meath aren't going to reinvent the wheel and come up with anything that we haven't seen and conquered before

I can see us being better defensively against Meath, Gavin wasn't pleased by what he saw against Laois, despite his press stance, Can't see us being caught like that again, and there's a couple of lads that'll want to prove such

Flynn should be back, and maybe Andrews. We should have more options up front

Dublin by +7"
Well if we go to man to man and don't have a gameplan Micko can resign after the game.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 14/06/2016 12:43:24    1866578

Link