Dublin Forum

Dublin v Meath

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Frederick:  "Con O'C Defo a big star. Actually reminded me of a young Conor mc manus??

BB was quiet but ye know he can do it on a big day .
Mannion looked like he was trying too hard I taut instead of doing the simple thing, get space and pop it over.the two early goals made the game a circus event really. Jim would learned v.little bar the lack of ruthlessness probably.
On Louth, we would like a spin up to play ye, although some of us would fear the worst. Don't think Meath Wil give yous a bother either if its them.
Louth would work very hard for the full 70 mins though whereas Meath wouldn't, they not as spirited as usual. Also Dublin might let up v Louth whereas the players would like to hammer Meath. For those reasons I think ye would beat Meath by more than you would beat Louth.

I'd love a good trilogy with this Louth Meath tie with a few replays and then a one point win for Louth in the end. Only then would we be high on confidence, spirited and believe we could challenge what would then be a 4-5 week rested/stale Dublin if ya know what I mean. Although I can't imagine the 15v15 Dublin have is far from championship pace as The dream of running out to a blue hill in croke park on September is at stake"
You know class when you see it Fred!

Con will be the new BB

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19818 - 06/06/2016 20:24:43    1862452

Link

Replying To Jimin10:  "You and your team really are the antithesis of humility when it comes to winning with grace compared to us. You in particular have a nasty vitrol towards us which isn't healthy! Anyway I look forward to you eating your words on the 26th June if we happen to be playing you. There is a renewed sense of optimism in the royal county this year and to use an apt word when it comes to yourselves we are buzzing!"
Sure what would you know about winning with grace :) ?

You haven't won any game of note since 2010 when ye danced all over us. I believe they still have parades on the anniversary of that result every year in Navan to commemorate "5 past cluxton" while we are off winning all Irelands and leinsters at a canter. :D

I haven't got any nasty vitriol towards Meath, Why would I? It's hard to hate a team that you always beat :D

Nah in all seriousness now, putting the jokes to one side... I used the word hate before when talking about Meath.

I was out of order. I don't hate meath. I actually have a lot of time for Meath people. Lovely county.. Lovely people, But when it comes to football, i like to see them lose. Simple.

Renewed sense of optimism ? Good... I'm glad. Means there can be no excuses about MOD and players not playing for him etc when we beat you on the 26th.

And if you beat us, good luck to yiz n all. But i don't think you will.

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13519 - 07/06/2016 14:51:02    1862853

Link

Let the likes of James Horan and jim mcguinness pick homes in our team as we were in this situation in 2014 and every single member of the media was cladding is as unbeatable, at least now their questioning is which will only provide us with more hunger.
Plus a blind man could see that game was over long before John o loughlin got his matching orders, if anything it was a bad thing for us as it mentally allowed us to ease off the gas.

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 07/06/2016 16:22:32    1862944

Link

Replying To hill16no1man:  "Let the likes of James Horan and jim mcguinness pick homes in our team as we were in this situation in 2014 and every single member of the media was cladding is as unbeatable, at least now their questioning is which will only provide us with more hunger.
Plus a blind man could see that game was over long before John o loughlin got his matching orders, if anything it was a bad thing for us as it mentally allowed us to ease off the gas."
Yes hill of course the game was over.That was never in doubt.But if you think only drawing the second half against a 14 man,division 3 bound team is not worthy of serious questioning well then thats fine.Some others on here are a little worried by that.I mentioned James Horan as i value his opinion as a pundit.I had already raised my worries before he or any other pundit voiced or penned their opinion.I think it is an incredible statistic that Laois managed to draw the second half without their most influencial player (in my opinion J O Loughlin is excellent footballer).If you had given me 1,000/1 at the break for Dublin not to win the secobd half i would have refused it.

cuederocket (Dublin) - Posts: 5084 - 07/06/2016 17:29:53    1863004

Link

It happens 90% of the time when a team goes down a man they try harder.
where as the team who has the advantage rarely use it. We have been down a man in plenty games last few years and it made us work harder and win them games in all if memory serves me right.
we had two goals in 5minutes that's an unusual occurance which in many ways out the game out of reach for laois that made the game as a player difficult to maintain a level throughout. The second half saw them have a very good spell for 7 or 8 minutes where they kicked 2-01 without reply. For the rest of the half they only scored two points so I think it's a bit exaggerated. Where as we missed a penalty and we're close to another goal or two so job done really an 11point win kicking 2-21 of which 2-15 came from play is a good night's work.

hill16no1man (Dublin) - Posts: 12665 - 07/06/2016 19:15:31    1863093

Link

getting just a bit fed up with the Con O Callaghan buzz machine , the lad can play , the lad has potential and showed in his cameo on Saturday what he's about , but let's leave it at that , not so long ago Mannion , Lowndes,Costello ,Emmett ,Young McHugh from Na Finna were getting the same hype , equally the most hyped player of his generation C Killenney who is suddenly everyone's friend was hyped then pilliored after taking time to come back from a serious injury , last thing the lad needs is the hype.Dublin fans don't ever believe in developing players , now he could come in and play a blinder and be an ever present and that would be great for the lad , just don't see the fire or the rush.
Onto the game Meath would normally give us the better game , but I know what beating Meath would mean to Louth and in a way Id love to see that , but if it is to be Meath so be it hopefully they will give us a game , those five goals seem as if they never happened such has been their performances recently.

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 07/06/2016 20:25:19    1863146

Link

Replying To Damothedub:  "getting just a bit fed up with the Con O Callaghan buzz machine , the lad can play , the lad has potential and showed in his cameo on Saturday what he's about , but let's leave it at that , not so long ago Mannion , Lowndes,Costello ,Emmett ,Young McHugh from Na Finna were getting the same hype , equally the most hyped player of his generation C Killenney who is suddenly everyone's friend was hyped then pilliored after taking time to come back from a serious injury , last thing the lad needs is the hype.Dublin fans don't ever believe in developing players , now he could come in and play a blinder and be an ever present and that would be great for the lad , just don't see the fire or the rush.
Onto the game Meath would normally give us the better game , but I know what beating Meath would mean to Louth and in a way Id love to see that , but if it is to be Meath so be it hopefully they will give us a game , those five goals seem as if they never happened such has been their performances recently."
Why are you always so serious ?

Relax will ye ffs.

We have a lot of young fellas with bags of potential and people will naturally get excited about them., Build them up. Only time will tell whether we will have over-rated them or not.

I mean seriously, if we cant get excited about things in this period of our history then when can we ?

Jim can think Con is the next BB if he bloody wants. So what ? Who is his opinion hurting ?

Honest to god like, This is a forum where opinions like this can be laid out.

Don't be so boring.

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13519 - 07/06/2016 21:13:06    1863206

Link

Replying To cuederocket:  "Have ye not got a little bored with beating Meath with such regular ease,as of late.Fixture has gone a little stale to me and i would love to see Louth get one over on them."
In fairness Dublin have only had one heavy victory over Meath in recent years.

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 07/06/2016 22:23:47    1863286

Link

Damo... Shut up

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19818 - 07/06/2016 23:04:07    1863329

Link

Replying To ziggy32001:  "In fairness Dublin have only had one heavy victory over Meath in recent years."
Fair enough ziggy.I cant remember all the results off hand but i do remember attending a Leinster final v Meath few years back and it was a very comfortable victory from start to finish.Maybe i just don't hate Meath as much as other Dubs.I did when i was a kid on the hill in the early 90s but i shouted for Meath v Cork in 87,88 and 99.Well,they were against Cork i guess ha.

cuederocket (Dublin) - Posts: 5084 - 07/06/2016 23:07:51    1863331

Link

Damo.. Shut up man, come on I'm only having a laugh but I do honestly believe Con is good enough to start and his development as a player has led him onto the senior panel where he's already having an impact

He's now ready and by all accounts he's flying in training and played excellently in the recent A v B game.

It's a young mans game now, and he'll roast any defender in Leinster given the chance

Wayno is right.. chill. You do get excited.

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19818 - 07/06/2016 23:12:55    1863333

Link

Damo

In fairness it's only an opinion

Like the one I had last year

You know the one about Dublin playing a more balanced game and developing an improved defensive structure to work against blanket defences and move away from all out attack, leaving ourselves overly exposed.

Well Gavin and co actually went about implementing quite a similar structure to the one I mentioned before a ball was even kicked, we had the best defence in NFL Div 1 2015

And we went onto have our most successful year in Dublin GAA history, playing that more balanced game plan.

I remember you getting all freaked out by my opinion then too

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19818 - 07/06/2016 23:41:01    1863346

Link

Damo

In fairness it's only an opinion

Like the one I had last year

You know the one about Dublin playing a more balanced game and developing an improved defensive structure to work against blanket defences and move away from all out attack, leaving ourselves overly exposed.

Well Gavin and co actually went about implementing quite a similar structure to the one I mentioned before a ball was even kicked, we had the best defence in NFL Div 1 2015

And we went onto have our most successful year in Dublin GAA history, playing that more balanced game plan.

I remember you getting all freaked out by my opinion then too

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts:15202 - 07/06/2016 23:41:01

I notice no proof attached , if your going to drag up something at least take the time out to back it up , and jimbo here's just another opinion maybe you should read your own last post but careful its nauseating with self importance, but maybe you don't have the time with the amount of county boards hassling you for your services now that Jim has learnt from you.

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 08/06/2016 11:04:47    1863473

Link

PS jimbo don't be afraid when the lads does well and scores a goal or two to come on and say I told you so , everyone including me rates the lad.

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 08/06/2016 11:06:12    1863474

Link

Chillax city slickers.Were all on the same side.Weve enough lads outside the county mad to tear strips off us.

cuederocket (Dublin) - Posts: 5084 - 08/06/2016 11:21:25    1863484

Link

It is what people do with young players. Look at Marcus rashford and martial. Dublin have a huge following Damo and telling people to hush about c o'c in like trying to keep the tide out. He carried a u21 team to a Leinster.
He came on the other day and had that balance and elegance about him which made ya watch. I am only mad I didn't watch more of him when he was first mentioned on this, although only the 21 semis be on tg4 so that was only chance I'd have.
People hyped up ck when he was young and rightly so. The chap plays with maturity and experience of gooch, never making the wrong decision.he scores, works hard, tackles, covers spaces, has vision has it all. If he hadn't hurt his knee and lost maybe a half yard of explosiveness hed had he'd of been better than Connolly I think in an overall sense. Add to that he is only 23. A future Dublin captain I would say.

Frederick (Louth) - Posts: 474 - 08/06/2016 11:32:49    1863488

Link

Ah Damo

If anyone was dripping in self importance it was your post about fella's talking about Con and such

We're only trying to get a bit of chat going...

No need for you to feel you have to tell us off...

PS

it's easily proved...

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19818 - 08/06/2016 11:36:06    1863494

Link

PS jimbo don't be afraid when the lads does well and scores a goal or two to come on and say I told you so , everyone including me rates the lad.

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts:3382 - 08/06/2016 11:06:12
___

Hahaha

Ahhhh I wouldn't have done that...

Not off with you... there has to be some thread or opinion that meets your disproval and needs telling off, or correcting, or whatever sort of buzz you're on, a few of us are here to have a bit of laugh online, with zero impact to anyone.

For a fella that gripes so much.. you don't really start many threads.. it's much easier to be a critic Damo

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19818 - 08/06/2016 11:45:29    1863501

Link

We will leave it at that Jimbo have a good summer

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 08/06/2016 12:37:56    1863550

Link

Lads

Apart from kitty kiernans on Collins avenue, where is the nearest pub to Parnell Park. i know there is a bar at the ground but it will be packed.
Thanks

ps hopefully see yiz in Croke Park

joej (Louth) - Posts: 1519 - 08/06/2016 14:08:55    1863630

Link