Dublin Forum

Dublin v Meath

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Surely we all want Meath and a chance to dance all over them again ?

Its gonna be a long 3 weeks.

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13519 - 05/06/2016 19:17:56    1861897

Link

100% want Meath

That minor victory they had over us was quite unpleasant

Be nice to give them a similar trimming

But a fully fit Meath side are the only team in Leinster capable of giving us a good go... and as such deserve to be somewhat respected

In saying that.. If Louth find a performance against them next week, they are capable of a victory. All depends what sort of Meath team shows up, they can be quite leaderless / gutless at times, and their lack of quality easily exposed.

It's really a game that MOD needs to win at all costs, a loss here and it'll be the end of him,

Meath fans will want him gone fairly fast.

More pressure on Meath to win this one

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19818 - 05/06/2016 19:43:42    1861918

Link

Yea absolutely Jim.

Getting a bit viciforous after their minor victory there a couple of weeks ago.

I wouldnt mind Meath being competitive again so long as we beat them each and every time we play them.

However on this occasion, Just for their mouthing on over the minor result and hw fantastic it was, I want our senior team to take them back to reality with a bang and make them realise just how far behind us they really are by dishing them up a serious pasting.

I especially want Diarmuid to have another cracker up against his good friend, Mr Paddy O'Rourke who talks the talk and does alot of walking..... after being shown numberous red cards.

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13519 - 05/06/2016 20:27:09    1861949

Link

I will be shouting for Louth!

gormdubhgorm (Dublin) - Posts: 990 - 05/06/2016 20:33:49    1861955

Link

Replying To waynoI:  "Yea absolutely Jim.

Getting a bit viciforous after their minor victory there a couple of weeks ago.

I wouldnt mind Meath being competitive again so long as we beat them each and every time we play them.

However on this occasion, Just for their mouthing on over the minor result and hw fantastic it was, I want our senior team to take them back to reality with a bang and make them realise just how far behind us they really are by dishing them up a serious pasting.

I especially want Diarmuid to have another cracker up against his good friend, Mr Paddy O'Rourke who talks the talk and does alot of walking..... after being shown numberous red cards."
Yeah.. We'll have a few things to look at to boot, a few lads won't be happy with their 2nd half performance.

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19818 - 05/06/2016 20:49:39    1861967

Link

Replying To jimbodub:  "Yeah.. We'll have a few things to look at to boot, a few lads won't be happy with their 2nd half performance."
Id actually be more worried if we had no complaints after yesterday. Nice to have something to work on. We can always improve aspects of our game. No doubt a bit of laziness came into our game against Laois. The best thing is watching Diamuid Connollys interview after the game. He was rightly fuming about that second half performance which "wont cut it" next time out.

Con O'Callaghan to start, Would we like to see that ?

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13519 - 05/06/2016 21:21:28    1861986

Link

Replying To waynoI:  "Id actually be more worried if we had no complaints after yesterday. Nice to have something to work on. We can always improve aspects of our game. No doubt a bit of laziness came into our game against Laois. The best thing is watching Diamuid Connollys interview after the game. He was rightly fuming about that second half performance which "wont cut it" next time out.

Con O'Callaghan to start, Would we like to see that ?"
Yeah very true, def a few things to look at but it was more of a concentration thing, happens when you have a big lead sometimes, but sure it's a healthy thing not to be satisfied with a 11 point win.. should have been 14!

Wayno.. IMO he should have started against Laois.. :) He didn't do himself any harm in the 7 minutes he was on..

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19818 - 05/06/2016 22:31:54    1862009

Link

He got 3 balls

Caught an incredible catch outnumbered 3 v 1 - only for a good recovering tackle could have scored a goal with his first touch

Was setup well by EOG, great run and was fouled to win a penalty, he was just about to put hid foot through it to score a goal

Scored a lovely point

That's more than Mannion/Brogan did... Combined!

I'd love to see this FF line

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19818 - 05/06/2016 22:48:54    1862012

Link

I could take no pleaser in dishing out a hiding to the wee county, but the Royal, oh boy, let me at'em :D

KerryKillers (Dublin) - Posts: 711 - 05/06/2016 22:49:04    1862013

Link

Replying To KerryKillers:  "I could take no pleaser in dishing out a hiding to the wee county, but the Royal, oh boy, let me at'em :D"
I dont know what i'd prefer.

To give Meath a serious pasting by 20+ points, Or them to be two points up and getting their hopes up, Only for Con O'Callaghan or Eoghan O'Gara to rob them with a last minute goal and win by a point.

Kill them for 70 minutes and run rings round them, Or let them gain a bit of hope only to destroy it late on...

Meh, I cant make my mind up. I'd probably go with the pasting. :D

Really hope its Meath, although i would never actively shout for them, I'd like them to win so we can tear them around croke park again :D

Thats what i'd hope for anyway. Dont think we'd have it quite as easy this time though.

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13519 - 05/06/2016 23:32:54    1862021

Link

We want Meath , We want Meath. ☺

AthCliath (Dublin) - Posts: 4347 - 05/06/2016 23:56:21    1862026

Link

Have ye not got a little bored with beating Meath with such regular ease,as of late.Fixture has gone a little stale to me and i would love to see Louth get one over on them.

cuederocket (Dublin) - Posts: 5084 - 06/06/2016 13:00:12    1862177

Link

Interesting to read James Horan today in the Star.He was quite critical of Dublin's performance and a little concerned about their hunger and ability to do the two-in-a-row.I have to say i agree with him ; the Laois game has put a little more doubt in my mind.This is a poor team who were releegated to Div 3,had their best player sent off in first half,and yet we failed to outscore them in the second half.Warning sign for me.

cuederocket (Dublin) - Posts: 5084 - 06/06/2016 13:07:24    1862181

Link

Replying To cuederocket:  "Have ye not got a little bored with beating Meath with such regular ease,as of late.Fixture has gone a little stale to me and i would love to see Louth get one over on them."
Never get bored of beating them.

Our dominance over them wont last forever.

For now, i'll enjoy each and every beating we give them.

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13519 - 06/06/2016 13:17:09    1862187

Link

Replying To waynoI:  "Never get bored of beating them.

Our dominance over them wont last forever.

For now, i'll enjoy each and every beating we give them."
Yes wayno,i enjoy beating them as well.But giving them a hiding does little for me these days.Their is such a gulf in class that i take little joy in humiliating Meath,or any other lesser county at present.It is only teams of a similiar standard that i get great satisfaction in beating nowadays ; this year it will be Tyrone,Donegal,Mayo and the Kingdom.

cuederocket (Dublin) - Posts: 5084 - 06/06/2016 13:25:41    1862196

Link

Replying To cuederocket:  "Yes wayno,i enjoy beating them as well.But giving them a hiding does little for me these days.Their is such a gulf in class that i take little joy in humiliating Meath,or any other lesser county at present.It is only teams of a similiar standard that i get great satisfaction in beating nowadays ; this year it will be Tyrone,Donegal,Mayo and the Kingdom."
Each to their own i guess :)

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13519 - 06/06/2016 14:10:11    1862231

Link

Con O'C Defo a big star. Actually reminded me of a young Conor mc manus??

BB was quiet but ye know he can do it on a big day .
Mannion looked like he was trying too hard I taut instead of doing the simple thing, get space and pop it over.the two early goals made the game a circus event really. Jim would learned v.little bar the lack of ruthlessness probably.
On Louth, we would like a spin up to play ye, although some of us would fear the worst. Don't think Meath Wil give yous a bother either if its them.
Louth would work very hard for the full 70 mins though whereas Meath wouldn't, they not as spirited as usual. Also Dublin might let up v Louth whereas the players would like to hammer Meath. For those reasons I think ye would beat Meath by more than you would beat Louth.

I'd love a good trilogy with this Louth Meath tie with a few replays and then a one point win for Louth in the end. Only then would we be high on confidence, spirited and believe we could challenge what would then be a 4-5 week rested/stale Dublin if ya know what I mean. Although I can't imagine the 15v15 Dublin have is far from championship pace as The dream of running out to a blue hill in croke park on September is at stake

Frederick (Louth) - Posts: 474 - 06/06/2016 14:34:06    1862247

Link

Replying To waynoI:  "I dont know what i'd prefer.

To give Meath a serious pasting by 20+ points, Or them to be two points up and getting their hopes up, Only for Con O'Callaghan or Eoghan O'Gara to rob them with a last minute goal and win by a point.

Kill them for 70 minutes and run rings round them, Or let them gain a bit of hope only to destroy it late on...

Meh, I cant make my mind up. I'd probably go with the pasting. :D

Really hope its Meath, although i would never actively shout for them, I'd like them to win so we can tear them around croke park again :D

Thats what i'd hope for anyway. Dont think we'd have it quite as easy this time though."
You and your team really are the antithesis of humility when it comes to winning with grace compared to us. You in particular have a nasty vitrol towards us which isn't healthy! Anyway I look forward to you eating your words on the 26th June if we happen to be playing you. There is a renewed sense of optimism in the royal county this year and to use an apt word when it comes to yourselves we are buzzing!

Jimin10 (Meath) - Posts: 782 - 06/06/2016 18:52:18    1862401

Link

Replying To Jimin10:  "You and your team really are the antithesis of humility when it comes to winning with grace compared to us. You in particular have a nasty vitrol towards us which isn't healthy! Anyway I look forward to you eating your words on the 26th June if we happen to be playing you. There is a renewed sense of optimism in the royal county this year and to use an apt word when it comes to yourselves we are buzzing!"
Relax the cacks jimini, Wayno lives in Meath, and he'd have to emigrate due to the slagging if we weren't kicking you ass all the time. Your day will come, in a few years.

KerryKillers (Dublin) - Posts: 711 - 06/06/2016 20:14:19    1862441

Link

Replying To cuederocket:  "Have ye not got a little bored with beating Meath with such regular ease,as of late.Fixture has gone a little stale to me and i would love to see Louth get one over on them."

The problem Cue I'd have with Louth beating Meath is that their would unfortunetly be zilch of a build up to the semifinal.
Dublin v Meath is still a game I always look forward to, if we hammer them so be it.
But bar 2014 when we hammered them. The 2 previous meetings we closer than expected.

AthCliath (Dublin) - Posts: 4347 - 06/06/2016 20:19:57    1862446

Link