Dublin Forum

Dublin Club Championship '19

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Great game yesterday evening , Crokes are very good fair play to Ballymun for hanging in there when really Crokes should of been out of sight , still raging Crokes lost that Leinster final they were terrible on the day but the ref was not kind to them whatsoever, they would of given Crokes and Corofin a great game imo they've blistering pace coming from everywhere ,McGowan number 3 wow what a game he had yesterday , probably the end of that great Ballymun team one Dublin club was not good enough for the talent they had , still a great side but their best players are hitting the 30's and have a lot of mileage.

Great to see The Roc back seems way slimmer than I remember but for a man out of the game for 4 years he did really well.

Aaron Byrne for Na Fianna is a very good player surprised he's not gotten the call up great at running with the ball skining defenders .

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 14/04/2019 09:45:05    2178730

Link

Agreed, on the above Andy McGowen was class, looks like he had the bit between his teeth and has been doing a lot off season. Mannion looked great. ROC looked a bit rusty and off the pace at times to me, basically a bit deconditioned on fitness, to be expected really, was skinned by Deano early doors once or twice. Played at 6 In Cian absence and dropped back 3 later on. You can tell he staill has it between the ears though, the skills and under the high ball, was left encouraged as fitness is something that can improve. Even doing a job at cover for 6 and 3 this year for Cian and 3 for the high high ball merchants when we need a physical presence, id give him a serious look for the senior panel.

Clarky was out watching Vinnies on Friday night, Dermo was supposed to be have been very good at 6.

Na Fianna looked class to me yesterday, Dessie looks like he has his fingerprints all over them yesterday.

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 3236 - 14/04/2019 11:30:21    2178748

Link

Forgot how good The Roc is at playing full back got skint by Mchugh for Na Fianna's first Point you're thinking he's in trouble here pretty much doesn't give Mchugh another kick from then on. Horan for Crokes number 12 lovely footballer pat Burke some servant for Crokes he'd a great game , Cian O Conor very good wing back Crokes the team to beat imo.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 25/04/2019 21:48:48    2180292

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "Forgot how good The Roc is at playing full back got skint by Mchugh for Na Fianna's first Point you're thinking he's in trouble here pretty much doesn't give Mchugh another kick from then on. Horan for Crokes number 12 lovely footballer pat Burke some servant for Crokes he'd a great game , Cian O Conor very good wing back Crokes the team to beat imo."
He's quality, he has it all up stairs and still looks the archetype modern fullback. Cian O Sullivan got dusted down with a late inclusion for Ross McGowen. Pity as he had brilliant game against Ballymun.

Be a good game in the Autumn between Ballymun and Na Fianna going hammer and thongs to get out of the group. Like the look of James Doran, not sure is he still u 20 this year.

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 3236 - 25/04/2019 23:51:38    2180310

Link

Do you reckon cuala could win a Dublin football championship in the next decade?

Jack_Goff (Meath) - Posts: 2920 - 03/09/2019 14:09:03    2232394

Link

Why was Evan comerford not started in their loss against Na fianna does anyone know?

rahoorahoo (Longford) - Posts: 51 - 29/09/2019 08:17:46    2239940

Link

Replying To rahoorahoo:  "Why was Evan comerford not started in their loss against Na fianna does anyone know?"
I suspect its because he spent the last 8 months training with the county. He was also carrying an injury up to the Leinster final so whether that is still an issue that requires attention im not sure.

Sean Currie is a very good keeper for Ballymun and has played for Dublin himself, he played very well yesterday.

Evan will be fine.

On a seperate note, youd feel for Ballymun a bit certainly missed out on a few County Championhips and possibley a few Club All Irelands given the number of COunty lads on the Panel. I mean yesterday's game was the biggest of the year and a couple of weeks after a five in a row. In other nexw Philly took a few lumps out of Murch.

Dermo shot the lights out for Vinies, good to him enjoy his football.

Na Fianna, have a cracking young team and are proving themselves in a game against either Corkes, Vinnies or Boden away from a county title. James Doran surely putting his hand up for county next year, perhaps Aron Byrne as well who seems to have not got a shot at all.

Great result for Clontarf, they will be delighted to have made the quarters.

Id be a big advocate of having a look at Sean McMahon at Raheny as well in the backs, thought he should have had a look in last year over a few of the other backs tried.

Basquel was back playing for Boden after a summer in the States i beleive. While a lad i like the look of Ross McGarry got a coupe of points.

Kilmacud do the business as always and remain favourates.

Na Fianna though are good value for money at 11/1 for the county championship, all over that.

Thomas Davies's and Castleknock having fine years.

Quaters:

Vincents vs Jude's
TD vs CK
Boden vs Na Fianna
Crokes vs Clontarf

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 3236 - 29/09/2019 10:08:38    2239967

Link

Replying To TheUsername:  "I suspect its because he spent the last 8 months training with the county. He was also carrying an injury up to the Leinster final so whether that is still an issue that requires attention im not sure.

Sean Currie is a very good keeper for Ballymun and has played for Dublin himself, he played very well yesterday.

Evan will be fine.

On a seperate note, youd feel for Ballymun a bit certainly missed out on a few County Championhips and possibley a few Club All Irelands given the number of COunty lads on the Panel. I mean yesterday's game was the biggest of the year and a couple of weeks after a five in a row. In other nexw Philly took a few lumps out of Murch.

Dermo shot the lights out for Vinies, good to him enjoy his football.

Na Fianna, have a cracking young team and are proving themselves in a game against either Corkes, Vinnies or Boden away from a county title. James Doran surely putting his hand up for county next year, perhaps Aron Byrne as well who seems to have not got a shot at all.

Great result for Clontarf, they will be delighted to have made the quarters.

Id be a big advocate of having a look at Sean McMahon at Raheny as well in the backs, thought he should have had a look in last year over a few of the other backs tried.

Basquel was back playing for Boden after a summer in the States i beleive. While a lad i like the look of Ross McGarry got a coupe of points.

Kilmacud do the business as always and remain favourates.

Na Fianna though are good value for money at 11/1 for the county championship, all over that.

Thomas Davies's and Castleknock having fine years.

Quaters:

Vincents vs Jude's
TD vs CK
Boden vs Na Fianna
Crokes vs Clontarf"
Username which bookies are giving 11/1 on Na Fianna??? That is good value.

avonali (Dublin) - Posts: 1258 - 29/09/2019 12:57:38    2240010

Link

Got them at 11/1 at Paddy power outright on Tues, not sue if they came in or not after Yesterday.

They gave me these odds:

Crokes 9/4
Kickhams 7/2
Vincent's 4/1
Boden 9/2
Jude's 9/1
Na Fianna 11/1

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 3236 - 29/09/2019 16:52:55    2240058

Link

Replying To TheUsername:  "Got them at 11/1 at Paddy power outright on Tues, not sue if they came in or not after Yesterday.

They gave me these odds:

Crokes 9/4
Kickhams 7/2
Vincent's 4/1
Boden 9/2
Jude's 9/1
Na Fianna 11/1"
Thanks for that. Will put a a few on Na Fianna if they're anything like that price now.

avonali (Dublin) - Posts: 1258 - 30/09/2019 14:49:17    2240336

Link

Ballymun must be sickened.

The most talented squad I've ever seen in Dublin football and yet only one title to show for it.

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 12863 - 30/09/2019 15:11:25    2240344

Link

Crokes for me again, don't see anyone stopping them. Too much firepower up front and a decent backline and midfield. Pretty good keeper too and strength in dept.

Vinnies or Boden could maybe rattle them in a given day though.

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 12863 - 30/09/2019 16:27:19    2240378

Link

Anybody know what odds Clontarf are to beat Crokes??? 7/1 or 8/1 against at least I'd imagine. Might be worth a look

avonali (Dublin) - Posts: 1258 - 02/10/2019 21:29:59    2241053

Link

Replying To MesAmis:  "Crokes for me again, don't see anyone stopping them. Too much firepower up front and a decent backline and midfield. Pretty good keeper too and strength in dept.

Vinnies or Boden could maybe rattle them in a given day though."
Have Crokes a few injuries???

avonali (Dublin) - Posts: 1258 - 02/10/2019 22:36:47    2241069

Link

Replying To avonali:  "Anybody know what odds Clontarf are to beat Crokes??? 7/1 or 8/1 against at least I'd imagine. Might be worth a look"
Could only find odds for this weekends games on line, say you'd get a price if you went into the shop, I'd be disappointed not to get 8/1.

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 3236 - 02/10/2019 23:04:02    2241076

Link

Replying To MesAmis:  "Crokes for me again, don't see anyone stopping them. Too much firepower up front and a decent backline and midfield. Pretty good keeper too and strength in dept.

Vinnies or Boden could maybe rattle them in a given day though."
Crokes have a few injuries.

avonali (Dublin) - Posts: 1258 - 03/10/2019 19:50:35    2241217

Link

Replying To TheUsername:  "Could only find odds for this weekends games on line, say you'd get a price if you went into the shop, I'd be disappointed not to get 8/1."
Dropped into PP last night. They are waiting until Tuesday or Wednesday to give odds on this fixture, which I find interesting.
I reckon the odds won't be was great as we think. Are there injury concerns in CRokes?

avonali (Dublin) - Posts: 1258 - 06/10/2019 15:55:35    2241611

Link

Replying To avonali:  "Dropped into PP last night. They are waiting until Tuesday or Wednesday to give odds on this fixture, which I find interesting.
I reckon the odds won't be was great as we think. Are there injury concerns in CRokes?"
Odds are up online now pal, Na Fianna 7/4 to beat Boden and Clontarf 11/2 to do Crokes. Jude's 7/4 vs Vinnies.

Not overly enticing odds, thought Clontarf in particular would be further out.

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 3236 - 08/10/2019 23:20:31    2242223

Link

Replying To TheUsername:  "Odds are up online now pal, Na Fianna 7/4 to beat Boden and Clontarf 11/2 to do Crokes. Jude's 7/4 vs Vinnies.

Not overly enticing odds, thought Clontarf in particular would be further out."
Yeah Saw them. Thanks for posting them up. I thought Clontarf would be closer to 7/1/ PP give the meanest odds. Don't think Judes will do to Vins what they did last year which was a total surprise. Mind you DC was just back. Should be a good weekend's football though.

avonali (Dublin) - Posts: 1258 - 09/10/2019 09:54:30    2242264

Link

Replying To avonali:  "Yeah Saw them. Thanks for posting them up. I thought Clontarf would be closer to 7/1/ PP give the meanest odds. Don't think Judes will do to Vins what they did last year which was a total surprise. Mind you DC was just back. Should be a good weekend's football though."
Id fancy there could be money made of Na Fianna and Boden. Though less then 2/1 is not very enticing.

Maybe Judes as wel but need everything to go right for them like last year, tight at the back and hope Macker can overwhelm their back line and run them, Vinnies look like they were filling a few gaps this year, had Dermo playing at 6 earlier in the championship.

Think Crokes will have to much for Clontarf.

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 3236 - 09/10/2019 11:57:38    2242310

Link