Clare Forum

Clare Senior Hurlers 2016

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Clareman:  "hoppingball you are some wum god bless ya"
Now Now Clareman not too many players have grabbed the ball in their fist bust in past the beast and stuck it in the roof of the net....think Brennan would be a big throw in to any county team...

hoppingball (Galway) - Posts: 963 - 08/11/2016 12:36:37    1932670

Link

HOPPING Ball, could not agree with you more. Astute observation and great message!!!!!!

brianboru (Clare) - Posts: 561 - 08/11/2016 17:59:16    1932814

Link

glen rovers for glory

filenacleeragh (Cork) - Posts: 52 - 10/11/2016 10:00:23    1933224

Link

Ifeel confident Ballyea will be the new munster chamoions.My only worry is that '" hurling expert" picked Clonlara to beat Ballyea. and followed up buy picking thurles sarsfields to beat ballyea.Now he picks ballyea to bet glen rovers.Cant reject my concern that once again he is wrong!!!!!lLast week when I saw Lar Corbett on the Sarsfield team I knew they would lose.In fairness old age does catch up with the performances of most people. The one big chance he had was when he came across a ball sitting a few yards from the goal with nobody around ,and he kicked it wide.But as I say,old age does slow you down.For the entire game he did not even raise one flag. A terrible way to end what may have been his last game.

brianboru (Clare) - Posts: 561 - 10/11/2016 18:45:34    1933419

Link

Haha ah dont worry kid, i dont think anything i say here will have any inpact on any game, ever!! And same goes for all of us!!

Its going to be billed as horgan vs kelly, kelly is the better player. Although in saying that i have never understood all the critisism that horgan gets, particularly from cork people. I think he is a class act every time he plays against clare.. He does seem to save his best form for when he plays clare though!! Always causes us serious problems, oh and he has a pair of wrists to die for!!

hurlingexpert (Clare) - Posts: 1810 - 11/11/2016 09:26:42    1933507

Link

No floodlights in Ennis guys. Ye cant afford them. Its very disappointing. It would be a perfect place for proper floodlights. Sixmilebridges arent intercounty standard compared to the Gaelic grounds they are poor.
I sat in the redecorated stand for the Ballyea v Clonlara match. The seats are desperate..and its a hazard trying to get out. Awful.

bloodyban (Limerick) - Posts: 1156 - 13/11/2016 14:42:54    1933931

Link

Replying To hoppingball:  "Now Now Clareman not too many players have grabbed the ball in their fist bust in past the beast and stuck it in the roof of the net....think Brennan would be a big throw in to any county team..."
I agree with you ,Hopping Ball that Brennan would be a great addition to any county hurling team.The problem is he is also a good footballer ad may opt for them in the new year.The player I am concerned about is Darach Honan.A few year ago when he burst on the scene,I felt he would become the greatest forward on the hurling scene.He had the height, speed and ability to destroy any back line.The goal he scored at the end of the Cork=Clare repla y nailed down the All IRELAND for Clare, and I will never forget he was chosen best player over Joe CANNING for the under 2I'S. Since those days rarely has there been a spectacular performance. I keep wondering if there has been some problem with his coaching. But he is still a young man with loads of ability.I just hope he gets back on top.

brianboru (Clare) - Posts: 561 - 13/11/2016 20:26:34    1934009

Link

podge to play hurling only next year. Good news

LohansRedHelmet (Clare) - Posts: 1980 - 14/11/2016 08:47:13    1934052

Link

Bloodyban you're maybe a little harsh there! There are futher works in the upcoming few months. There will be new turnstiles and toilets installed at the clouster end as we call it - as well as a parking area. This should be complete prior to the first league game.

In other fantastic news, podge collins has officially decided to focus on hurling only next year. A great boost for our 2017 chances.

Its unfortunate that davy mac and conor mcgrath will miss almost all the league through injury. Particularly mcinerney as we need to settle him into a position as a key part of the team and we needed the league for that. At least with mcgrath we know he is one of the best corner forwards around and will slot in there come championship.

Hopefully we'll have a fully fit panel for championship and with 2 or 3 tweaks from the season just gone - we shouldnt be too far off challenging again..

hurlingexpert (Clare) - Posts: 1810 - 14/11/2016 09:24:03    1934061

Link

another limerick poster having a cut off clare, seriously lads please explain the obsession?

podge signed up for 2017, great news.

Clareman (Clare) - Posts: 978 - 14/11/2016 09:47:19    1934069

Link

Also bloodyban, not all counties have the luxury of being bank rolled by offshore millionaires....we make do with what we have.

Clareman (Clare) - Posts: 978 - 14/11/2016 10:35:39    1934081

Link

Good to hear that Podge is giving the hurling a go hopefully he can get back to 2013 form, no guarantee though, with cruciate injury ect and all that.
New management will have to shed a number of players from last years panel a new fresh approach is badly needed need few big men up the centre needed.
I wonder will Niall Deasy of Ballyea get a call up Big Man fairly good in air the win over Thurles was fantastic i think that as George Hook would say performance exceeded the sum of their parts. Great heart and spirit I think for next year at County Tony Kelly needs the freedom that midfield allows him distance is nothing to him anyway he can belt a ball 90 metres over the bar he has been badly used last few years, Michael O Loughlin of Clonlara another good man in the air.

Will be a tough year in the leahue with Conor & Davy out and probably the Ballyea lads I feel that both Paul Flanagan & Gearoid O Connell are very decent hurlers at County level.

Hope come Christmas that Ballyea will be Munster Champions

clooney (Clare) - Posts: 452 - 14/11/2016 16:14:35    1934192

Link

Yeah i think deasy will get called up, i wouldnt think any other ballyea player will get called up though. Obviously the other 4 lads will still be there like. O'loighlin is probably due a call as well, he did well for most of the championship and i saw that he got 10 points from play in the league semi final which is crazy scoring!!

hurlingexpert (Clare) - Posts: 1810 - 14/11/2016 19:06:28    1934224

Link

hopefully nicky o oconnell will be called back in. he is worth a look again, still have a very good hurler.

Clareman (Clare) - Posts: 978 - 15/11/2016 10:46:50    1934314

Link

Lads this Clare Limerick thing is getting silly. It's like 2 bald men fighting over a comb. Let's be honest here, both countues have had a shocking few years and neither can claim to be any better than the other. Have both loads of potential? Yes. Does that mean anything? No.

Of lads in their early to mid 20s Clare have the better and more established players in Kelly, McGrath etc. Under 21 Limerick have better players coming through in Casey, Ryan, Nash etc.

But lads, we have 2 bad teams at the minute based on the last few years so whished up on the bitching until either shows a bit of form in 2017.

mike03 (Limerick) - Posts: 2000 - 15/11/2016 12:11:06    1934322

Link

Mike i agree but we aint the ones slinging, nor do we post rubbish on the limerick site like a few lads here. Fair is fair.

Clareman (Clare) - Posts: 978 - 15/11/2016 14:33:50    1934375

Link

Who gives a toss who is better than who. The favorites in Clare v Limerick games have lost every championship game over the past 10 years. It means nothing. The only thing that matters is the hunger of both teams next June.

LohansRedHelmet (Clare) - Posts: 1980 - 16/11/2016 04:29:32    1934561

Link

lads here really go off topic, its unreal. Nobody is talking about the game next june, i was merely replying to bloodybans nasty dig at clare and our facilities. Jesus lads...please read the whole thread!!

Clareman (Clare) - Posts: 978 - 16/11/2016 11:13:12    1934619

Link

Clareman that is the point. The whole thread is we are better than you arguments. Simple fact is neither county rates each other at the minute but think their own are half decent. The rest of the country rates neither.

mike03 (Limerick) - Posts: 2000 - 16/11/2016 13:34:16    1934673

Link

this thread is about the clare hurling team and then bloodyban came on and had a dig at cusack park...there is the issue Mike,

anyways back on topic.. I hope we use a lot of new lads for the league, i personally couldn't give a toss if we get relegated, we won it from 1b this year and by next year they probably will have go back to 8 team division 1.

its all about building a team and working on our weaknesses. I note Kelly said this week that their biggest regret last 3 years has been munster championship performance, This is good to hear as its your starting point for the summer and our record in it last 15 years is appalling. With a few lads missing the league with injury and maybe the ballyea lads gone too, i think its good time to experiment a bit.

Clareman (Clare) - Posts: 978 - 17/11/2016 10:22:19    1934992

Link