Clare Forum

Clare Senior Hurlers 2016

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

lohan i wouldn,t pay much attention to comments about 2 bad teams.i think clare will be in all ireland final and if davy lets players off the leash they can beat anyone.we were still in the match yesterday which was a miracle as clare were 10 points a better team.after watching today where do limerick stand,tipp beat us by 2 points.ye beat waterford but didn,t put them away.i feel clare have a monkey off their backs after the win yesterday.best of luck for rest of year.

CTGAA10 (Limerick) - Posts: 966 - 10/07/2016 19:49:59    1880337

Link

So we now have galway in the quarter final, its going to be by no means easy but much happier facing them than tipp. Even if tipp had lost today i'd still rather play galway as i think as we are progressing now tipp may have been a bridge too far - at this stage. With mcgrath more than likely not going to be fit, its going to be tough but now that we have that significant win under our belt our confidence should grow. Step by step like 3 years ago. Of course galway will come with avengance after their leinster final loss but i think we have enough scope for improvement to overcome them. 1 loss in 16 games this year is an impressive record no matter what way you look at it.
And in that we only won 1 game playing to our potential and playing really good hurling and that was the kilkenny game. So we can improve so much, onwards and upwards from here. An clar abu

hurlingexpert (Clare) - Posts: 1818 - 10/07/2016 23:51:05    1880539

Link

Replying To CTGAA10:  "lohan i wouldn,t pay much attention to comments about 2 bad teams.i think clare will be in all ireland final and if davy lets players off the leash they can beat anyone.we were still in the match yesterday which was a miracle as clare were 10 points a better team.after watching today where do limerick stand,tipp beat us by 2 points.ye beat waterford but didn,t put them away.i feel clare have a monkey off their backs after the win yesterday.best of luck for rest of year."
Thanks CTGAA.

LohansRedHelmet (Clare) - Posts: 1986 - 11/07/2016 02:26:52    1880575

Link

Replying To hurlingexpert:  "So we now have galway in the quarter final, its going to be by no means easy but much happier facing them than tipp. Even if tipp had lost today i'd still rather play galway as i think as we are progressing now tipp may have been a bridge too far - at this stage. With mcgrath more than likely not going to be fit, its going to be tough but now that we have that significant win under our belt our confidence should grow. Step by step like 3 years ago. Of course galway will come with avengance after their leinster final loss but i think we have enough scope for improvement to overcome them. 1 loss in 16 games this year is an impressive record no matter what way you look at it.
And in that we only won 1 game playing to our potential and playing really good hurling and that was the kilkenny game. So we can improve so much, onwards and upwards from here. An clar abu"
Galway hold no fear for us and although they should be bookies favorites I give us a great chance.

Davy has a good record against Galway even stemming from his WFord days and he knows Joe like the back of his hand.

LohansRedHelmet (Clare) - Posts: 1986 - 11/07/2016 02:28:02    1880576

Link

Jees.

Just saw that we are the bookies favorites to beat Galway. Cant see how that is possible at all.

LohansRedHelmet (Clare) - Posts: 1986 - 11/07/2016 02:31:26    1880577

Link

Apparently Kinnerk has left the panel. A few sources have reported it now.

LohansRedHelmet (Clare) - Posts: 1986 - 11/07/2016 09:30:12    1880646

Link

The galway game is a hard game to call, although i do think we will win i am a little surprised that we are favourites - but i suppose the fact that we have the momentum of winning and that galway are off the back of a disappointing defeat i can see why we might be favourites.
Either way anyway both teams can improve a lot from their last games..

hurlingexpert (Clare) - Posts: 1818 - 11/07/2016 09:57:38    1880672

Link

I suppose ever thing that can be about game on Saturday has been well trotted out at this stage much like the fall of the economy when a few people were responsible for the mess of the Country much the same can be sad about the GAA Managers a few who develop these defensive systems and dont care what the knowledge public think the crowds at the weekend bear witness to this Davy Fitz/Derek Mcgrath nobody wants to pay for this anymore hard to blame them, hurling now like football dying on its feet. No disrespect t Limerick but they were awful we won only by 4 at no stage did we go all out to win 15/15 even when 7 points up.
Our best forward is only 19 serious loss of form in Galvin/Conlon and Tony Kelly only fair. Tipp/Kilkenny very far ahead im afraid

Will be beat Galway perhaps but not with this game once again im completely baffled with the mind set of the management Colin Ryan Peter Duggan Tots Paul Flanagan all now forgotten men even though John Conlon was struggling a bit when he went off we had nobody to win a ball in h/f line Aaron Cunningham who is not great in air and is a no 13 brought into h/f line why not Peter Duggan to win the dirty ball cant make sense of them.

clooney (Clare) - Posts: 467 - 11/07/2016 13:42:41    1880930

Link

Clooney - peter duggan has been given chances and hasnt taken them!
Flanagan is a good hurler but its important to have a settled full back like we have currently found.
It was strange though that tots or colin were not brought on particularly when we were sruggling to close the game out

hurlingexpert (Clare) - Posts: 1818 - 11/07/2016 14:17:22    1880958

Link

Replying To hurlingexpert:  "Clooney - peter duggan has been given chances and hasnt taken them!
Flanagan is a good hurler but its important to have a settled full back like we have currently found.
It was strange though that tots or colin were not brought on particularly when we were sruggling to close the game out"
I was at most of early season matched and Peter was scoring and creating chances he was poor enough in the drawn league final got a point was double marked though.

You seem to have a mind set like Davy

clooney (Clare) - Posts: 467 - 11/07/2016 15:28:35    1881018

Link

Haha ah i dont know about that now, im not sure exactly what you mean to be honest!!
You're obviously supporting your club man - which is to be admired, i was advocating his inclusion you'll find at seceral occssions throughout the latter stages of the league but then when i saw him, it was obviously difficult for him in that waterford game but it was his demeanor/attitude that really disappointed me. I thought he would have matured more like. He certainly has the talent, but i think he needs to get it right mentally to make the cut!

hurlingexpert (Clare) - Posts: 1818 - 11/07/2016 15:55:13    1881051

Link

A win is a win, should have won by double what we won by. Limerick are a team with zero confidence and ideas, actually sad to see a clare v limerick game so devoid of passion and intensity. TJ a good Man but clearly not up to it, maybe he is a better selector than a manager. Kiely is the man for limerick IMO. They have serious talent but im beginning to wonder if the downes, hannon dowling era is not up to it, maybe the current 21 crop will be the real deal. I was at munste league final in jan and i was impressed by Byrnes and English and their form held all summer, unlike some of the established lads.

As for Clare, did what they had to do, at about 65/70%. Need a fit McGrath but SOD clearly benefited form having Shanagher/Conlon up there at times. Galway will push up or our puckouts so we must contest them and break them and win the ground game, ala 2013. Shanagher is a serious addition to the team. Size and pace alone a big help.

Clare need to win this game but its 50/50. Hoepfully a cracker cos this year's fair has been worst than last year and that was toxic

Clareman (Clare) - Posts: 984 - 12/07/2016 11:03:37    1881619

Link

Replying To Clareman:  "A win is a win, should have won by double what we won by. Limerick are a team with zero confidence and ideas, actually sad to see a clare v limerick game so devoid of passion and intensity. TJ a good Man but clearly not up to it, maybe he is a better selector than a manager. Kiely is the man for limerick IMO. They have serious talent but im beginning to wonder if the downes, hannon dowling era is not up to it, maybe the current 21 crop will be the real deal. I was at munste league final in jan and i was impressed by Byrnes and English and their form held all summer, unlike some of the established lads.

As for Clare, did what they had to do, at about 65/70%. Need a fit McGrath but SOD clearly benefited form having Shanagher/Conlon up there at times. Galway will push up or our puckouts so we must contest them and break them and win the ground game, ala 2013. Shanagher is a serious addition to the team. Size and pace alone a big help.

Clare need to win this game but its 50/50. Hoepfully a cracker cos this year's fair has been worst than last year and that was toxic"
"should have won by double what we won by"

That is exactly what we need to change now or its curtains against Galway. Our accuracy has been shocking in both games against Limerick and Wford.

We had 11 wides against Wford in the first half and trailed by 4. On another day we go in ahead at half time and its a different game in the second half. We had 10 wides against Limerick at half time and were 6 ahead. Another day we go in 10 plus ahead.

We are shooting more wides in the first half of games then we should have in the entire match. IMO, if we can reduce this to an acceptable level we beat Galway.

LohansRedHelmet (Clare) - Posts: 1986 - 14/07/2016 08:27:06    1882893

Link

yep its a reall oroblem Lohan but if i recall correctly, a 2013 went on, our wide count went down, i think we shot 15/16 v wexford and by the time we got to AI semi v Limerick, it was down to 7. Fingers crossed!!!!

Clareman (Clare) - Posts: 984 - 14/07/2016 15:47:55    1883261

Link

Replying To LohansRedHelmet:  "Apparently Kinnerk has left the panel. A few sources have reported it now."
Is this Paul Kinnerk the coach you are referring to.

Oldtourman (Limerick) - Posts: 2341 - 16/07/2016 16:35:39    1884265

Link

5/6 Odds on favourites Clare to beat Galway

It's only the bookies but these guys usually get it right, Clare should win given on a successful run at the moment whereas Galway really prepared well for Leinster Final and came away with tail between their legs

Pressure is on Galway as making the All-Ireland is minimum expectation - we are seriously lacking in the "gut" department

Clare for the double, maybe Galway for the double, certainly hope it's not Tipp for the double

TouchOfClass (Galway) - Posts: 730 - 18/07/2016 17:07:12    1885740

Link

Replying To Oldtourman:  "Is this Paul Kinnerk the coach you are referring to."
Yes.

Rumors of his departure have quietened so maybe he is not leaving.

LohansRedHelmet (Clare) - Posts: 1986 - 19/07/2016 11:32:49    1886126

Link

Replying To LohansRedHelmet:  "Yes.

Rumors of his departure have quietened so maybe he is not leaving."
Paul Kinnerk is still with Clare,,,,,....

hoppingball (Galway) - Posts: 963 - 19/07/2016 13:49:53    1886284

Link

The very best to davy, and i hope he's up and about soon. Love him are hate him, hurling wont be the same without him. The man brings alot of passion to the game, I wish his family well also. No matter what county your from, the hurling commuinty is small. and nobody wants to here hurlers are managers get'n ill.

hogan35 (Kilkenny) - Posts: 93 - 21/07/2016 11:59:59    1887509

Link

All the best Fitzy, be well! Health is wealth, all else is only a bonus.

Clareman (Clare) - Posts: 984 - 21/07/2016 15:11:29    1887725

Link