Clare Forum

All Ireland Hurling Final 2013 - Clare v Cork

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Congrats Clare great attempt.

disillusiondfan (Limerick) - Posts: 4279 - 08/09/2013 17:14:23    1477609

Link

Brilliant stuff. Hope you win it the next day. Fabulous game.

hurlingdub (Dublin) - Posts: 6978 - 08/09/2013 18:41:20    1477692

Link

hard luck today, ye left it behind ye! ye totally dominated the game but it goes to show how crucial goals are. it kind of reminds me of last year with galway..dominating the game in the first half and then finding ourselves a point down with time up and getting that vital equalising point!! Ye better do it the next day best of luck

fred201 (Galway) - Posts: 99 - 08/09/2013 18:54:39    1477711

Link

Ref was very generous to Cork today.

sponger (Wicklow) - Posts: 2696 - 08/09/2013 19:30:00    1477741

Link

All Ireland Ticket Allocation

I want to voice my opinion on the ticket allocation to clubs by our own County board & Croak Park as the ticket allocation to real fans yesterday was nothing short of being absolutely disgraceful.

I am a Clare fan of many many tears I am in my middle to late Fifties have followed Clare through thick & thin was at every league & championship as well as u 21 matches.

I am a serving officer and am involved with juvenille teams and have been for many yeras as well which costs a lot of money & time.

Yesterday I got tickets one row from top of Davin stand and you could not even read the number on the players jersey paid €80.00 for this not only did I pay for myself but two others as well in all fairness where do the good tickets go people who never support were in prime locations.

I saw several other people who are involved in games promotion a few rows from me as well.

we must demand answers from our Countt secetary and Croak Park .

It is simply a DISGRACE

clooney (Clare) - Posts: 526 - 09/09/2013 09:35:38    1477919

Link

Congrats to Clare on a wonderful display yesterday. The only pity is that you did not close the game out when you had a good lead. I don't know why some Cork folk are whinging about the 30 extra seconds played at the end. Look at all the time Nash wasted running up from the goal to take frees/penalties on the 20 meter line. I thought Cork got a lot of big calls in their favour especially what should have been a red card for the strike on Honan. They also got some crazy frees especially in the 1st half. The very best of luck the next day. You know you can do it and you will have the support of 31 counties !

thirty1 (Dublin) - Posts: 161 - 09/09/2013 10:38:10    1477974

Link

clooney I hate reading stories like this, what a disgrace and something needs to be done by the GAA to make sure tickets are going to the people who are keeping the whole thing going at club level. It happens in every County, a few years ago I over heard a group of people who had got tickets for final in 2010 and they were going because of the session would be mighty if ye won.

therealtmo (Tipperary) - Posts: 1292 - 09/09/2013 10:54:01    1477993

Link

clooney I hate reading stories like this, what a disgrace and something needs to be done by the GAA to make sure tickets are going to the people who are keeping the whole thing going at club level. It happens in every County, a few years ago I over heard a group of people who had got tickets for final in 2010 and they were going because of the session would be mighty if ye won.

therealtmo (Tipperary) - Posts: 1292 - 09/09/2013 10:54:07    1477995

Link

Extremely proud to be a Clare man today!

We were fantastic and deserved to win! The referee really favoured cork in the day! If we had lost it wold have been a travesty as Davy says!

We have a chance again and no excuses! Lets bring Liam home to the best team in the championship this year! An clar Abu

LohansRedHelmet (Clare) - Posts: 2011 - 09/09/2013 11:36:55    1478058

Link

Great entertainment yesterday, like just about everybody else, I thought Clare had it wrapped up as they did the better hurling for 90% of the game. Have to give Cork credit for sticking to the task and taking their chances... Davy needs to sort out the defense .. you can't give the opposition 3 goals and still expect to win. Draw probably the fairest result, its going to be a fascinating replay.

Cork will undoubtedly be better from the start the next day and Clare won't cough up so many goals again... so its all to play for.

littlevillage (Galway) - Posts: 236 - 09/09/2013 13:18:21    1478204

Link

Dont worry Clare. You will get the job done the next day. Cork hung on in there and will improve but Clare are the better hurlers.A better ref and you would have been home and hosed at half time.. Vsst majority of Limerick fans were shouting for ye.

bloodyban (Limerick) - Posts: 1233 - 09/09/2013 14:39:58    1478345

Link

I agree with above i think ye'll win it the next day as simply ye are beter than them.Good luck!!!!

someday (Limerick) - Posts: 1084 - 09/09/2013 15:24:53    1478432

Link

Whilst not being a big fan of your manager I feel that he did have a point. Small fish don't get a fair crack of the whip. First half two blatant frees out given as frees in. Hit a fellow on the head with a hurdle and the fellow getting hit gets a yellow card. A red card offence at the beginning of the game is the same as one in the middle of the game. Cork also tackled the whole game by wrapping the hurdles around the Clare players necks bordering on dangerous all the time. Refs should give preference to the team that wants to play the game.

mayojoe (Mayo) - Posts: 262 - 10/09/2013 11:05:38    1479003

Link

We need to move on from the self pity and realise that the ultimate prize is still to be won.

Fantastic performance out of the team however. It was a joy to watch.

Definitely the most skillful Clare team I have ever seen and they will only get better which is frightening.

Our defense needs to buck up however. We got caught for three goals. If we had a sweeper that wouldnt have happened.

Congrats to Davy though on turning this team who were annihilated in Galway 2 years ago into potential All Ireland winners who play a beautiful brand of hurling.

LohansRedHelmet (Clare) - Posts: 2011 - 11/09/2013 10:35:37    1479740

Link

Yes best of luck to Clare, sure you will do it on the 28th. I went to the game, and have to say it was a great day out and i really enjoyed it. So much that i plan on making the trip again on the 28th.I think the future is bright for Cork and Limerick but it seems to be now that Clare do have the edge in terms of skill level this year. If the replay is even half as good it will be worth the trip!

Limkboy (Limerick) - Posts: 72 - 11/09/2013 10:36:17    1479743

Link

Some game on Sunday alright...we need to move on from Sunday..ref wasn't great but the goals cost us the match..serious backlash expected from cork but if he can limit goals we still in with a great chance..let's hope we get the win sat in u21...and no injuries!! We are getting a season we could only dream of..

dellboy31 (Dublin) - Posts: 45 - 11/09/2013 21:16:49    1480405

Link

thirty1
County: Dublin

Congrats to Clare on a wonderful display yesterday. The only pity is that you did not close the game out when you had a good lead. I don't know why some Cork folk are whinging about the 30 extra seconds played at the end. Look at all the time Nash wasted running up from the goal to take frees/penalties on the 20 meter line. I thought Cork got a lot of big calls in their favour especially what should have been a red card for the strike on Honan. They also got some crazy frees especially in the 1st half. The very best of luck the next day. You know you can do it and you will have the support of 31 counties !

thirty1 for a Dub you have some neck commenting on how long it took Anthony Nash to come to take 4 frees jesus fellow how long does it take your football goalkeeper to come forward every time there is a 45 or a free why not look at last years All Ireland you will get your answer.
If Anthony was not jostled by the Clare players coming forward he surly would have got there quicker.
Now first off I am a Cork man and I have to say we were lucky to get out of jail and we could have won it in the end. This would have been totally unfair to Clare and a replay was a fair result considering we came from five points down.
I agree O'Neill should have got his marching orders BUT if the blinkers are removed Clares full-forward was also lucky to be left on the pitch.
Why your manager cannot accept the result and stop moaning like Loughnane and put his energy into getting his team ready for the replay.
Fitzgerald is a liability to Clare players and their County. It showed Sunday monkey see monkey do when you see how many times the ref brought the ball forward. DISCIPLINE

The sooner Fitzgerald realises there is no vendetta against him the better and gets on with managing his team the better for Clare. It could cost Clare All Irelands in future.
The ref played 2minuets 27 seconds extra time to Clares equaliser and I can tell you where I sat not one Cork person commented on it ??
Take a leaf from the Cork manager Jimmy Barry Murphy Dignified from start to finish. Even after the match agreed a draw was a fair result as did the players that were interviewed.

I will be at the replay god willing and no matter who is referring it there will always be wingers and moaners 100% guaranteed.

Enjoy the game for what it is accept the result with dignity and on the 28th may the best team win.
The winner here should be our beloved game of hurling.

See you on the 28th

The Quiet Man (Cavan) - Posts: 4533 - 12/09/2013 09:54:53    1480503

Link

Good post ..Davey won't be changing at this stage...he is no jbm but he has done some work on this team and deserves huge credit...I certainly don't agree with his whining after the game .. and it reflects poorly on him no question...I would like to think most Clare supporters are in the main dignified and grateful of their team and coach for all his faults...

dellboy31 (Dublin) - Posts: 45 - 12/09/2013 20:09:46    1481095

Link

we should have won but i have no doubt we can improve further the next day and win. think the ref did favour cork, hopefully we'll get that bit of luck the next day. i think the sweeper system will be used again the next day after conceding the 3 goals and giving 3 other good chances aswell. any 1 who says davy is a liability dosnt know what they are talking about and must not be from clare, davy brought us this far, and hes the man to finish the job

hurlingexpert (Clare) - Posts: 1855 - 13/09/2013 12:09:01    1481354

Link

Good post Dellboy
No doubt Davey has done a fantastic job with this team. He persisted with the style he wanted when he saw a couple of flaws -particularly in the Cork match in Munster he added a few tweeks which has greatly improved Clare. This was at a time when his system was being heavily critised both within & outside the county and he deserves massive credit for this. He seems to have brought a great unity to the camp and the players are a credit to him.
Everyone knows that inter-county hurling & football are pretty much professional in all but name when it comes to team preparation, and personally I think he needs to treat the media with a bit more caution. He is far too negative and is trying to adopt an everyone against us policy, which only serves to turn everyone (including referees) against us. Maybe this is a deliberate ploy -but I think this really only works in the short term. He's style is very different to JBM, Allen, Coady and Horan, Gavin, Harte -but then again that's whats great about him.
Towards the end of the 90's Loughnane had turned an awful lot of neutrals against us and I hope the same doesn't happen with this team.

Roashter (Clare) - Posts: 238 - 13/09/2013 14:30:59    1481523

Link