Clare Forum

Clare Senior Hurlers 2018

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To MiAmigaVERONICA:  "And you have???????"
I have indeed Veronica hun

Are you saying you agree with this chap so in thinking that the clare players would not want to beat davy???

hurlingexpert (Clare) - Posts: 1809 - 05/07/2018 16:29:45    2118869

Link

Replying To hurlingexpert:  "I have indeed Veronica hun

Are you saying you agree with this chap so in thinking that the clare players would not want to beat davy???"
My username, like yours, can be (a good bit more than a tad, I feel) misleading. If, which I very much doubt, you do play senior championship hurling I wonder would you call me that on the field of battle. It might be interesting :) Enough said.

MiAmigaVERONICA (Clare) - Posts: 258 - 05/07/2018 20:20:40    2118928

Link

i dont play senior championship these days Veronica/1 Certainly not camogie anyway.

The fact that you didnt answer the question i asked you proves a point in itself. enough said

hurlingexpert (Clare) - Posts: 1809 - 05/07/2018 23:22:56    2118985

Link

There has been many good suggestions,but Ido feel,the greatest probem for the CLARE TEAM has indeed been thatour management has been devoid of ideas.At half time in last week's game, Cork who had been badly beaten up to that point made some drastic changes that worked.We did nothing.Why was CONLON not moved to a different position,AND an effort made to get Kelly more involved

brianboru (Clare) - Posts: 561 - 06/07/2018 23:15:35    2119247

Link

Replying To hurlingexpert:  "i dont play senior championship these days Veronica/1 Certainly not camogie anyway.

The fact that you didnt answer the question i asked you proves a point in itself. enough said"
I still think that ANTHONY daly should be recalled by CLARE to manage their senior team.Who could deny that we have a team capable of conquering any senior team in he country.Daly has the ability,the EXPERIENCE land know how.Bring him back and we will immediately have another All IRELAND.let,s do it!!!!!!!!!!

brianboru (Clare) - Posts: 561 - 06/07/2018 23:50:53    2119251

Link

any news yet on where match will be Double Header in Croak Park

Will there be any changes wonder if David Fitzgerald would be considered for full back and release David Mc To half back line or play Jamie Shanahan at 6 Conor Cleary's position must be under question.

Will surely not start Cathal Malone again we need stores from long distance to beat sweeper Cathal does not offer that option i bit of bravery from selectors Rory Hayes of Shannon flying apparently could well do a job in middle of park Ian Galvin Conor McGrath have to be in frame to start .

I am tired of hearing that Tony Kelly has to be brought into play maybe Tony should find the hard ball for himself now and then watch a few of TJ Reids performances Shane O Donnell hasen't scored much in this championship will be under scrutiny as well Peter Duggan has to up performance too those missed frees in Munster Final not good enough at this level.

Wexford will be chomping at the bit but we are more talented

clooney (Clare) - Posts: 452 - 09/07/2018 09:48:24    2119882

Link

Replying To clooney:  "any news yet on where match will be Double Header in Croak Park

Will there be any changes wonder if David Fitzgerald would be considered for full back and release David Mc To half back line or play Jamie Shanahan at 6 Conor Cleary's position must be under question.

Will surely not start Cathal Malone again we need stores from long distance to beat sweeper Cathal does not offer that option i bit of bravery from selectors Rory Hayes of Shannon flying apparently could well do a job in middle of park Ian Galvin Conor McGrath have to be in frame to start .

I am tired of hearing that Tony Kelly has to be brought into play maybe Tony should find the hard ball for himself now and then watch a few of TJ Reids performances Shane O Donnell hasen't scored much in this championship will be under scrutiny as well Peter Duggan has to up performance too those missed frees in Munster Final not good enough at this level.

Wexford will be chomping at the bit but we are more talented"
No news confirmed yet for the fixture but 3 o'clock saturday looks the most likely time for us. either in cork or thurles. to be confirmed this afternoon.

there are unconfirmed reports that pat o'connor will miss the game through injury. i would think to be replaced by fitzgerald with shanahan taking up the inevitable sweeper role.

if o'connor was to be fit i would think there would be zero chance of fitzgerald going to full back anyway!!

on another day i would like to see shanahan at no.6 but not against wexfords sweeper system.

again on another day i would like to see hayes come in for o'connor (if he is injured) but i think for this game fitzgerald would be the more advantageous change.

hayes wouldnt be considered for midfield at this stage.

totally agree about kelly!

One of ian galvin or mcgrath will surely start i would think!

hurlingexpert (Clare) - Posts: 1809 - 09/07/2018 10:30:17    2119900

Link

Replying To brianboru:  "There has been many good suggestions,but Ido feel,the greatest probem for the CLARE TEAM has indeed been thatour management has been devoid of ideas.At half time in last week's game, Cork who had been badly beaten up to that point made some drastic changes that worked.We did nothing.Why was CONLON not moved to a different position,AND an effort made to get Kelly more involvedu think Kelly was a baby, since the defeat in All Irl club final he is a totally different player not deserving a starting place

onthestand (Clare) - Posts: 25 - 09/07/2018 12:01:53    2119946

Link

Replying To clooney:  "any news yet on where match will be Double Header in Croak Park

Wexford will be chomping at the bit but we are more talented"
Agree 100% bringing a player into game is pure farm yard manure stuff a good player from the oldest of rules of player calibration is a player that has commitment to the game & get stuck in, TK has not got that x factor no more, he made play itself, he electrified the field. Time mg began to realize it & shouldn't be in the starting line up. SoD gift of a ball from the Cork keeper mistake to softly hit it back @ him should not be in the starting line up, there is simply no excuse @ that level, just not up to it. As for free-taker PD failed in the Munster final, Clare r still without a consistent most important player a free taker. Look @ the contribution of Corks Pat Horgan. Time the bull was grabbed by the horns Clare r like Clare of old up & down but more down than up no consistency.

onthestand (Clare) - Posts: 25 - 09/07/2018 12:14:31    2119953

Link

Saturday 3 o'clock pairc ui chaoimh confirmed

hurlingexpert (Clare) - Posts: 1809 - 09/07/2018 13:42:59    2119995

Link

The obviously want to get games played in cork and are also probably concerned with the ability of the pitch in thurles to handle 3 games (including minor) in 24 hours.

but the fact is - if thurles wasnt to be an option then portlaoise is where this game should have been fixed for!!

hurlingexpert (Clare) - Posts: 1809 - 09/07/2018 15:46:42    2120071

Link

Replying To hurlingexpert:  "Very disappointing, dominated the first half and really should have been much further ahead. The cork goal just before half time was probably the key score in the game. We missed some easy chances - o'donnells shot, duggans second missed free, podge missed a relatively easy one. Every team misses chances but those are 3 that really should have been scored. We were well beaten in the second half. We need to make changes for the wexford game - what I would go with is;

1.Touhy
2.Browne
3.McInerney
4.O'Connor
5.Morey
6.Shanahan
7.Fitzgerald
8.Galvin
9.Kelly
10.Duggan
11.Conlon
12.Reidy
13.Podge
14.O'Donnell
15.Galvin

I think against Wexfords sweeper we need to bring Conlon out as he will essentially be doubled marked. He got 5 points from no.11 in the first game against cork so i think its a change we need to make. Kelly to midfield to get him more into the game, even if he predominately gets the ball too far to score we need him on the ball more often.
I think Fitzgerald and Galvin deserve to come in. McGrath would be close but i just think against an extra defender Galvins pace would be important."
Kelly doesn't deserve his place in the starting 15 simple as that. Too much expected of what was a marquee player now delivers nothing.

onthestand (Clare) - Posts: 25 - 10/07/2018 10:59:13    2120304

Link

Replying To clooney:  "I woulen't move Conlon from full but not much fault with team otherwise

Small margins cost us game perhaps 65 that wasent 2/3 Missed frees by Peter that he has been getting no bother all year 3 soft yellow cards some rakesh deliveries from defense one or two puckouts that went over line we needed more players to stand up.

Very disappointing overall another munster title gone

Management need to bring subs on earlier Ian Galvin looks the real deal Aaron Shanagher back training will hardly feature though"
Yes indeed small mistakes had major impact considering 2 points was the separation @ the end. Can get the SOD soft strike back @ the Cork keeper after he hitting it into his hand he having all the time. Players who do that don't deserve a place on the team, Kilkenny teams don't make those mistakes. And once again we don't have a consistent free-taker.

onthestand (Clare) - Posts: 25 - 10/07/2018 11:03:12    2120306

Link

Replying To onthestand:  "Yes indeed small mistakes had major impact considering 2 points was the separation @ the end. Can get the SOD soft strike back @ the Cork keeper after he hitting it into his hand he having all the time. Players who do that don't deserve a place on the team, Kilkenny teams don't make those mistakes. And once again we don't have a consistent free-taker."
Hope we get all these little breaks on Saturday to be fair to Peter Duggan on frees he has been immaculate since the league 1/4 final hasen't missed 1 id say burt was iffy in second half of MF on same day Joe Canning missed 6 in LF so maybe sun played a factor

clooney (Clare) - Posts: 452 - 10/07/2018 12:10:45    2120330

Link

Replying To onthestand:  "Kelly doesn't deserve his place in the starting 15 simple as that. Too much expected of what was a marquee player now delivers nothing."
Ok look its obvious you are only here to attempt to wind us up. So unless you have something constructive to say then say nothing at all. Thanks

hurlingexpert (Clare) - Posts: 1809 - 10/07/2018 14:54:14    2120410

Link

One would hope the players and management would learn from the second half of the Munster Final experience!

A one point win in a dire contest would be enough on Saturday. Clare would be significant underdogs against Galway in the semi-final and who know's.

Ban (Westmeath) - Posts: 1007 - 12/07/2018 09:50:02    2120894

Link

Replying To Ban:  "One would hope the players and management would learn from the second half of the Munster Final experience!

A one point win in a dire contest would be enough on Saturday. Clare would be significant underdogs against Galway in the semi-final and who know's."
same old same old as regards team selection dident work last day no changes Bar Jason McCarthy gone from first 26 whats story there ?? another player lost ?

Conor Cleary Cathal Malone and indeed Shane O Donnell should all have been under microscope players flying in training in Caherlohan wont get game time same last year

A bit of devil might have put Cleary back full back in switch with Davy Mc Fiitzgerald to midfield Conor McGrath Ian Galvin Rory Hayes Cian Dillon super options not used

Last chance saloon now have to use bench far earlier

clooney (Clare) - Posts: 452 - 13/07/2018 10:23:39    2121243

Link

Congrats to Clare. Can anyone explain why attendance was 10200. They had expected 25000??

daveboy (Limerick) - Posts: 424 - 14/07/2018 17:32:27    2121613

Link

Great to be back in Croke Park.

We have no pressure now and Galway have all the pressure. Bookies have us at 5/2 so they are giving us an outside chance.

Croke Park could be the making of this team. We turned into a different animal in 2013 when we got to Croke Park after beating Galway in the quarters.

LohansRedHelmet (Clare) - Posts: 1980 - 16/07/2018 05:46:31    2122481

Link

Replying To daveboy:  "Congrats to Clare. Can anyone explain why attendance was 10200. They had expected 25000??"
No one expected 25,000 there bud!! And if they did their head should be examined!!

3'clock on a saturday when people were working, several underage games on that day, cork being a very awkward location to get to, parking no where near the stadium!! And similarly for wexford, it was a long drive for them!!

If it was played at 5/6/7 in thurles or portlaoise then there would have been 25,000 there...

hurlingexpert (Clare) - Posts: 1809 - 16/07/2018 10:04:31    2122536

Link