Clare Forum

Clare Senior Hurlers 2018

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To updwell:  "We'll Dec82 how overrated have Clare been built up to for the last 2 weeks- blown out of the water in the 2nd half with no leaders. Kelly touching the ball 5/6 times in a game is no Canning or Reid. Anyway ye'll have no problems getting tickets for the next date when your 20,000 bandwagoners disappear until ye build the hype again"
Is that well or we all?. Haha fairplay buddy, you have a good ol memory on ya, thats a good thing when your following the Limerick hurlers. Our leaders were still tired from the Limerick game, poor guys probly needed another weeks rest.

Dec82 (Clare) - Posts: 178 - 02/07/2018 00:04:04    2117463

Link

im didappointed that clare didnt show the same phsicality as they did against us.ye played the game on ye,re terms but i dont think one cork player even got a shoulder from ye guys yesterday.duggan has been excelent all year but missed handy vital frees yesterday.the goal before halftime was a killer but why was harnedy left run so far?podge threatened a lot but didnt get any real return,o donnell isnt doing it and a decision has to be made on him.i think kelly needs to be in midfield,he was very quite.why oh why did they stop playing ball to conlan?i would also play david mc centre back,hes a fabulous hurler wasted in full back line ye are not gone but the wexford game is one im looking forward to,the davy factor will definitely have a bearing on it.

CTGAA10 (Limerick) - Posts: 966 - 02/07/2018 11:39:08    2117615

Link

Replying To updwell:  "We'll Dec82 how overrated have Clare been built up to for the last 2 weeks- blown out of the water in the 2nd half with no leaders. Kelly touching the ball 5/6 times in a game is no Canning or Reid. Anyway ye'll have no problems getting tickets for the next date when your 20,000 bandwagoners disappear until ye build the hype again"
And Limerick wouldn't know anything about hype and bandwagon supporters! Funny man

Ban (Westmeath) - Posts: 1007 - 02/07/2018 13:30:18    2117689

Link

I don't get it. First half had Clare dominating the ball and were running the show right throughout the field. Second half, they were beaten man for man down the middle. Half back line were overrun and Peter Duggan lost his radar. is it that the players ran out of steam or did Cork spread them out and made their pace the key factor in the game? It's hard to get a context on a game that your watching on TV

Dealer (Limerick) - Posts: 681 - 02/07/2018 14:30:21    2117725

Link

Very disappointing, dominated the first half and really should have been much further ahead. The cork goal just before half time was probably the key score in the game. We missed some easy chances - o'donnells shot, duggans second missed free, podge missed a relatively easy one. Every team misses chances but those are 3 that really should have been scored. We were well beaten in the second half. We need to make changes for the wexford game - what I would go with is;

1.Touhy
2.Browne
3.McInerney
4.O'Connor
5.Morey
6.Shanahan
7.Fitzgerald
8.Galvin
9.Kelly
10.Duggan
11.Conlon
12.Reidy
13.Podge
14.O'Donnell
15.Galvin

I think against Wexfords sweeper we need to bring Conlon out as he will essentially be doubled marked. He got 5 points from no.11 in the first game against cork so i think its a change we need to make. Kelly to midfield to get him more into the game, even if he predominately gets the ball too far to score we need him on the ball more often.
I think Fitzgerald and Galvin deserve to come in. McGrath would be close but i just think against an extra defender Galvins pace would be important.

hurlingexpert (Clare) - Posts: 1808 - 03/07/2018 10:20:25    2118017

Link

Replying To hurlingexpert:  "Very disappointing, dominated the first half and really should have been much further ahead. The cork goal just before half time was probably the key score in the game. We missed some easy chances - o'donnells shot, duggans second missed free, podge missed a relatively easy one. Every team misses chances but those are 3 that really should have been scored. We were well beaten in the second half. We need to make changes for the wexford game - what I would go with is;

1.Touhy
2.Browne
3.McInerney
4.O'Connor
5.Morey
6.Shanahan
7.Fitzgerald
8.Galvin
9.Kelly
10.Duggan
11.Conlon
12.Reidy
13.Podge
14.O'Donnell
15.Galvin

I think against Wexfords sweeper we need to bring Conlon out as he will essentially be doubled marked. He got 5 points from no.11 in the first game against cork so i think its a change we need to make. Kelly to midfield to get him more into the game, even if he predominately gets the ball too far to score we need him on the ball more often.
I think Fitzgerald and Galvin deserve to come in. McGrath would be close but i just think against an extra defender Galvins pace would be important."
clares management will want there homework done for wexford as ye know better than anyone that davy will have wexford primed for this.....if limerick and clare dont up the ante from now on both will be gone by sunday week....

munsterchamps (Limerick) - Posts: 804 - 03/07/2018 11:57:01    2118057

Link

Replying To hurlingexpert:  "Very disappointing, dominated the first half and really should have been much further ahead. The cork goal just before half time was probably the key score in the game. We missed some easy chances - o'donnells shot, duggans second missed free, podge missed a relatively easy one. Every team misses chances but those are 3 that really should have been scored. We were well beaten in the second half. We need to make changes for the wexford game - what I would go with is;

1.Touhy
2.Browne
3.McInerney
4.O'Connor
5.Morey
6.Shanahan
7.Fitzgerald
8.Galvin
9.Kelly
10.Duggan
11.Conlon
12.Reidy
13.Podge
14.O'Donnell
15.Galvin

I think Fitzgerald and Galvin deserve to come in. McGrath would be close but i just think against an extra defender Galvins pace would be important."
I woulen't move Conlon from full but not much fault with team otherwise

Small margins cost us game perhaps 65 that wasent 2/3 Missed frees by Peter that he has been getting no bother all year 3 soft yellow cards some rakesh deliveries from defense one or two puckouts that went over line we needed more players to stand up.

Very disappointing overall another munster title gone

Management need to bring subs on earlier Ian Galvin looks the real deal Aaron Shanagher back training will hardly feature though

clooney (Clare) - Posts: 449 - 03/07/2018 12:11:11    2118062

Link

Replying To clooney:  "I woulen't move Conlon from full but not much fault with team otherwise

Small margins cost us game perhaps 65 that wasent 2/3 Missed frees by Peter that he has been getting no bother all year 3 soft yellow cards some rakesh deliveries from defense one or two puckouts that went over line we needed more players to stand up.

Very disappointing overall another munster title gone

Management need to bring subs on earlier Ian Galvin looks the real deal Aaron Shanagher back training will hardly feature though"
ian galvin not good enough to start....an ok sub

munsterchamps (Limerick) - Posts: 804 - 03/07/2018 14:07:32    2118093

Link

Replying To munsterchamps:  "ian galvin not good enough to start....an ok sub"
No offense but you are from Limerick and have no idea what you are talking about..

Galvin has done enough in the games he has come on in to merit a starting place.

I think it was crazy to leave it so late to bring him on, especially when Darragh Corry was brought on before him. Corry is simply not good enough, he hasnt done anything in any of the games he has come on in. bar maybe one good pass in the waterford game. galvin should have come on before him 100%

hurlingexpert (Clare) - Posts: 1808 - 03/07/2018 15:38:22    2118120

Link

Replying To hurlingexpert:  "No offense but you are from Limerick and have no idea what you are talking about..

Galvin has done enough in the games he has come on in to merit a starting place.

I think it was crazy to leave it so late to bring him on, especially when Darragh Corry was brought on before him. Corry is simply not good enough, he hasnt done anything in any of the games he has come on in. bar maybe one good pass in the waterford game. galvin should have come on before him 100%"
Does Shane o Donnell still merit a starting place?

daveboy (Limerick) - Posts: 424 - 03/07/2018 22:28:29    2118236

Link

Its hard not to get downtrodden as I thought we were due a win against Cork but lets look at the positives. We were superb in the first half. This makes the second half hard to stomach but if we can match our first half performance against Cork the next day we wont be beat.

Wexford is massive. If we win then all and all it has been a relatively good season with 4 championship wins and all to ply for in a semi final. If we loose I will be tough to take but I am backing the banner against Davy and the yellowbellys.

LohansRedHelmet (Clare) - Posts: 1980 - 04/07/2018 03:17:46    2118291

Link

Replying To LohansRedHelmet:  "Its hard not to get downtrodden as I thought we were due a win against Cork but lets look at the positives. We were superb in the first half. This makes the second half hard to stomach but if we can match our first half performance against Cork the next day we wont be beat.

Wexford is massive. If we win then all and all it has been a relatively good season with 4 championship wins and all to ply for in a semi final. If we loose I will be tough to take but I am backing the banner against Davy and the yellowbellys."
i said after we beat waterford with some of the hurling we played that we'd beat clare.....look what happened. doesn't work like that...with davy at the helm for this one ( and this to him will be the biggest match of he's career ) i'll be going with wexford.

munsterchamps (Limerick) - Posts: 804 - 04/07/2018 10:00:42    2118331

Link

Replying To munsterchamps:  "i said after we beat waterford with some of the hurling we played that we'd beat clare.....look what happened. doesn't work like that...with davy at the helm for this one ( and this to him will be the biggest match of he's career ) i'll be going with wexford."
Im sure he would consider the 2 all ireland finals as the biggest games he has managed.

hurlingexpert (Clare) - Posts: 1808 - 04/07/2018 17:23:06    2118560

Link

Replying To daveboy:  "Does Shane o Donnell still merit a starting place?"
Despite not scoring much this year Shane had been playing very well in the round robbing games. He was setting up a lot of scores and winning frees.
There is no doubt that he had a poor game on sunday. I 100% think he is worth his place in our best 15. but maybe it might not be a bad idea to leave him out the next day and give mcgrath or galvin a go

hurlingexpert (Clare) - Posts: 1808 - 04/07/2018 17:26:41    2118562

Link

Replying To hurlingexpert:  "Im sure he would consider the 2 all ireland finals as the biggest games he has managed."
of course they were huge matches but you have no idea how davy will feel about this match....these are the players that davy led to allireland success but wanted him gone 2 yrs later.

munsterchamps (Limerick) - Posts: 804 - 04/07/2018 18:24:55    2118586

Link

Replying To munsterchamps:  "of course they were huge matches but you have no idea how davy will feel about this match....these are the players that davy led to allireland success but wanted him gone 2 yrs later."
Im sure the Clare players will be just as eager to beat Davy.

Dec82 (Clare) - Posts: 178 - 04/07/2018 21:25:55    2118648

Link

Replying To Dec82:  "Im sure the Clare players will be just as eager to beat Davy."
why would you say that.....he led them to the greatest day of their sporting lives.

munsterchamps (Limerick) - Posts: 804 - 04/07/2018 22:07:44    2118669

Link

Replying To munsterchamps:  "why would you say that.....he led them to the greatest day of their sporting lives."
He led them to some fairly miserable ones in the years that followed. I understand what your saying but the Clare players should be well up for beating tere old manager and vice versa. Its sport tere all competitors.

Dec82 (Clare) - Posts: 178 - 04/07/2018 22:34:26    2118682

Link

Munsterchamps you are clearly an armchair supporter who has never played the game!
The things you are coming out with are ridiculous!!

hurlingexpert (Clare) - Posts: 1808 - 05/07/2018 13:39:16    2118820

Link

Replying To hurlingexpert:  "Munsterchamps you are clearly an armchair supporter who has never played the game!
The things you are coming out with are ridiculous!!"
And you have???????

MiAmigaVERONICA (Clare) - Posts: 258 - 05/07/2018 14:44:06    2118842

Link