Clare Forum

Clare v Cork MHSF 2014

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Wouldn't it be amazing if we all knew as much about hurling as DF? Jesus what County do you manage now DF?

Nobody is saying Clare will win this and win that, but you writing Clare off on the "rocket science" is hilarious. All you're pointing out is things that ANYONE would know and expect. Yes we don't have the surprise of last year. BUT WE HAVE THE PLAYERS. Yes we might not have the same drive as last year because we won it. BUT WE HAVE THE SET BACK. yes last years tactics "might" not work. BUT WE HAVE ONLY PLAYED ONE MATCH. yes last year "took a lot out of the lads" BUT THEY ARE YOUNG FIT, CHAMPIONS. Are we sad we lost to Cork and are not in the Munster Final. YES BUT THE QUALIFIERS ARE BETTER FOR THE TEAM. a Limerick poster on the man forum summed it up when he said, if you win Munster you have two games in 16 weeks. The winners of the Munster Championship will not play again until the All Ireland Semi Final. That will be against a battle hardened side with momentum. I am not saying IT WILL BE CLARE, I AM SAYING DO NOT WRITE US OFF!!!!!!

Champions for a very good reason. There are also very good reasons other counties are not!!!

You have called Clare "over hyped" and not even in the top 6 Hurling sides in Ireland. Haha we lose a game and critics are expected fair enough, but that's farcical. We never said we would win the All Ireland every year in a row. But we will be there or there abouts for quite some time. Mark my words.

BannerBoy2013 (Clare) - Posts: 325 - 19/06/2014 08:13:24    1605815

Link

Banner boy u sound v similar to another poster we haven't heard for some time. What a change around????? Last year when limerick lost to Clare the 6 week layoff didnt make any difference at all. Now it is better Clare r in qualifiers cos they wouldn't have the 6 week lay off.

I'm not only one who put Clare outside top 4 am I banner boy??? U asked for ppls opinions on another thread 2 ppl gave their opinions and both disagreed with u but u just carry on regardless.

I'm entitled to my opinion and it is that Clare would lose to cork n Clare would lose in QF of AI. I know u don't think I should be entitled to an opinion or I should be bullied out of having one. Never disputed Clare have good players. CLARE HAVE GOOD PLAYERS they do but tactics were vital last year and they will not work this year do my opinion is not particularly clever it is NOT rocket science just basic hurling common sense IMO.

If u have an issue with what I am saying then y don't u attack Davy fitz for his interview on Monday cos it v similar.

disillusiondfan (Limerick) - Posts: 4279 - 19/06/2014 09:38:16    1605841

Link

I don't think I'm particularly clever I said its NOT rocket science. It is just hurling common sense.

Banner boy u asked for other ppls opinions on main thread n 2 ppl posted. Both disagreed with u. One on last yrs munster final and one who put Clare outside top 4. Isn't that true?????
Only diff between me and him is that he put Clare before tipp n I'm not sure he is right there. So don't go on like I'm the only one.

If u want to talk about hilarity I think it hilarious that when Clare beat lk last year the 6 week kar off had nothing to do with lks loss now u think qualifiers are better route cos Clare wouldn't have to deal with 6 week layoff.

disillusiondfan (Limerick) - Posts: 4279 - 19/06/2014 10:00:49    1605856

Link

all this talk off top 4s and top 6s is nonsense. there are only 10/12 teams who take hurling seriously anyways, and only 6/7 can actually win it! unless we win, couldnt care less if we were considered bottom 20. tis all about silverware.

Right now any of those 6/7 teams will fancy their chances.

As JBM says, nothing was won last Sunday, better to peak in aug/sept than June, fitzy learnt that hard way with wtfd.

i backed tipp to win the all ireland, i look stupid now to many, but wouldnt surprise me if they came back n won it. 3 of last 4 winners have come thru back door.

Clareman (Clare) - Posts: 1009 - 19/06/2014 10:31:49    1605873

Link

DF - to be fair, you are consistent with you viewpoint and ive no problem with that, even if i dont agree. But lads, let not let this turn into a Clare v Limerick tete for tete, we will go around in circles and the good debate will get lost.

Clareman (Clare) - Posts: 1009 - 19/06/2014 10:36:43    1605877

Link

I won't make it a Clare v limerick thing. Anyone that wants to criticise lk work away. As it happens I agree with most of it. Based on titles win we are poorest performers in Munster for 20 years or more.

disillusiondfan (Limerick) - Posts: 4279 - 19/06/2014 12:42:58    1605972

Link

We agree on that DF that's why to have them as a better team than us is for want of a better word deluded.

BannerBoy2013 (Clare) - Posts: 325 - 19/06/2014 13:27:59    1606000

Link

And as for "others" disagreeing with me.....that's not true.

What you actually said was Clare are only a flash in the pan and even though we won the All Ireland we were not a top team, and wouldn't even be in the top 6 sides in Ireland. Now you did say on performances.....but we have only played ONE game. Limerick on the other hand beat a poor Tipperary who have done nothing for TWO YEARS yet you have Limerick way up your list. You discounted the league so what PERFORMANCES are you talking about.??? You said the only thing that counts is championship, so our last 3 games were Cork, Cork and Cork, we drew one, won one and lost one. We played exceptional in two of them and awful in the other. That by your own criteria would place us higher than your first statement. Look at Limerick then who you maintain are a top 4 side and Clare are not. Limerick have only beaten one team in the championship in two years and that's Tipp. So how in the name of god are ye a top 4 side in relation to Clare?? If you by your own ranking system don't even have Tipperary in your list of "top teams" can you explain that? The rocket science behind that!!

Richie gave a ranking system based on the LAST TWO WEEKS which wouldn't have Clare top would it?? Especially after we lost to Cork. I agree with that actually and I've never not. That is NOT WHAT YOU SAID!!! AND HE NEVER AGREED WITH YOU, my only issue with what you say is you pretend that someone actually agrees with you, and you move the goal posts to support your "rocket science" you were not saying the same thing as Richie you were saying Clare were not even a top 6 side in Ireland BEFORE WE EVEN PLAYED CORK.

The ranking table based on the results of each week Richie from Cork came up with was NOT a support of your silly points, he said after the "weekend" were as you have all along suggested Clare are not even a top side. Absolute nonsense.

BannerBoy2013 (Clare) - Posts: 325 - 19/06/2014 14:40:40    1606047

Link

Never ever said Clare are a flash in the pan. Never.

Said tactics were big part of winning AI last year. They won't work this year.

Said winnig AI took a lot out if Clare in 13 and they won't challenge in 14

Also said that Clare would prob win another A I or two just not in 14.

Now read it slowly maybe get some help after while u should ( we all hope) get it.

disillusiondfan (Limerick) - Posts: 4279 - 19/06/2014 14:59:38    1606060

Link

Not only does Ritchie agree with me by the way Davy fitz does too. He spoke about a lot being taken out of players .

Also Middleton disagreed with u. In last 2 years we have beaten cork as well btw Hexpert. Read ritchies first post and middletons on same page. Again take ur time. Now if u don't misrepresent me again then I can continue to ignore u which would be great for all of us Im sure.

disillusiondfan (Limerick) - Posts: 4279 - 19/06/2014 15:05:04    1606063

Link

http://www.hoganstand.com/Clare/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=218702

DF - you wont like this!

Clareman (Clare) - Posts: 1009 - 19/06/2014 15:05:12    1606064

Link

Hahahahaha what a holy pile of s*** you talk DF

DID I SAY IT HASN'T TAKEN A LOT OUT OF THEM??????????

Take YOUR time now will you and "read"

I don't care what your chums say and have said. YOU SAID even BEFORE we played a match this year Clare are NOT A TOP 6 SIDE in Hurling. Despite winning the All Ireland. Hahaha joker.

As for Davy Fitz, well I was talking to him very recently and I know he said "a lot has been taken out of us" and AGAIN EXPERT SIR I NEVER DISAGREED WITH THAT!!!! I also don't EXPECT us to win the All Ireland this year. BUT WE CAN. That's all I am saying. You constantly harp on with nonsense on the Clare forum take it elsewhere lad and enjoy life a bit more.

I absolutely LOVE how you pretend others agree with you......they have NOT SAID EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAID!!! Don't bend it to back yourself. Also you act like all you said was "it's taken a lot out of them" look Davy agrees with me hahaha absolute mess. You're right it's not "rocket science" that it took a lot out of them.

Now answer me this, without your chums....YOU answer me this......How are Clare NOT in the top 6 Hurling sides in Ireland based on Championship "Performances" BEFORE we even played Cork last Sunday????????

Secondly how are Limerick when they have only beaten Tipperary in the Championship in TWO YEARS and YOU DO NOT RATE TIPPERARY according to your top 6 "rocket science" theory haha so how can Limerick be there and Clare not when obviously you don't consider Tipperary a top hurling side????

And PLEASE don't change it to suit yourself, you said those things BEFORE WE PLAYED CORK!!!!

Richie and the other Cork fella based their table on the last games played!!!!! NOT THE SAME AS YOU

All based on performances sir hahahahaha explain that to me

Oh and take your time ;)

BannerBoy2013 (Clare) - Posts: 325 - 19/06/2014 15:33:55    1606092

Link

To the posters that have continuously tried to change the topic of the discussion, you're posts will not be posted under this topic anymore. By all means start up a new thread to discuss whatever it is you want to, but this thread is about the Clare v Cork game last weekend anything off topic will simply be deleted.

Thank you,
Admin.

Administrator (None) - Posts: 2227 - 19/06/2014 15:57:49    1606106

Link

Think cork deserve to be second now clareman and I'd be worried about kk. I have bet against them but they do look good. As u said earlier a lot of hurling to be done so maybe both will slip up.

disillusiondfan (Limerick) - Posts: 4279 - 19/06/2014 18:49:42    1606208

Link