Clare Forum

Clare senior hurlers - Championship Team

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Think its advantage limericl wed night, peter duggan is out also

locks (Clare) - Posts: 239 - 02/06/2014 21:40:56    1597065

Link

Locks we missing D Reidy n jack Aherne. Reidy is on verge of senior team n Aherne was in senior panel last year. Looks like both teams will be under strength.

disillusiondfan (Limerick) - Posts: 4279 - 02/06/2014 21:51:51    1597071

Link

o donnell, tots, duggan and o neill all out, limk missing a few as well, clare will be favs but its on in the GG and limk will be well up for this, especially after their great win over Tipp on sunday in the seniors. should still be a great game but pity both sides are not at full strength.

Clareman (Clare) - Posts: 1009 - 03/06/2014 09:47:07    1597103

Link

Should be a cracker ya, difficult to beat lim in gg.

locks (Clare) - Posts: 239 - 03/06/2014 18:49:10    1597530

Link

First time poster but regular reader, so go easy on me haha...

So Cork it is, should be a good close game. No disrespect to Limerick (who are a fine side) but I think if we get over Cork we'll have a great chance of the Munster.

I think with the game being on in Thurlus it will suit our players over the GG as there will be more space for McGrath and Cathal Mac(who I think will start). Although, I think it is very strange decision from the organisers. The GG is much closer for Clare supporters and Cork would travel to Limerick. Also it stated that if Waterford had won it would be on in the GG grounds which is bizarre as id say its nearly twice the distance for ther supporters had they to travel. Also it should have been on in the GG as Thurlus will be getting all the games other wise.

Cookie_Monster. (Clare) - Posts: 16 - 08/06/2014 19:40:18    1600090

Link

Cookie Monster I was about to get offended on behalf of limerick but then I asked myself how much can a man who can't spell Thurles know about hurling.

disillusiondfan (Limerick) - Posts: 4279 - 08/06/2014 19:59:21    1600108

Link

Apologies disillusiondfan I didn't mean to disrespect Limerick.

If we were to meet ye it will be a tough game, as Im not forgetting ye are the Munster champions. All I was sayin is we would be in with a chance of a first Munster in a long time. Limerick will be tough to beat for who ever comes through, they are a strong physical side and will be better than last year with the inclusion of Dowling and Downes from the start. I'll try watch the spelling...

Cookie_Monster. (Clare) - Posts: 16 - 08/06/2014 20:49:40    1600160

Link

Think there was a reason why cookie monster doesn't post things. Cork v Clare will be mouth watering and either of the 3 teams left are in with a shout...

locks (Clare) - Posts: 239 - 08/06/2014 21:04:33    1600183

Link

Locks, think its a bit unfair to draw conclusions about me on just two posts.

I'm not on here to offend anyone just to discuss GAA matters.

I completely agree with you the three sides left are very good. You couldn't ask for anything better than the three remaining teams to be the All Ireland finalists and the Munster Champs.

Cork game should be very good, I think they've addressed their problem areas of last year with a new centre and full back and Alan Cadogan seems like a very good player from what I have seen of him.

Cookie_Monster. (Clare) - Posts: 16 - 08/06/2014 21:40:49    1600223

Link

Ah come off it DF, you always have a dig at Clare if ya can, toughen up will ya!!

all 3 left can win munster, Cork will be very hard to beat, but i think Clare will be ready for them and i think we are going to be a lot mor direct in our play compared to last year

Hon the banner

Clareman (Clare) - Posts: 1009 - 09/06/2014 10:28:26    1600387

Link

Jesus clareman don't have a go when I can. I just don't buy into media hype. Was told I was havin go at tipp when I said media overhyped their forwards, just think hurling journalists are lazy and a concensus forms n then everyone belives the concensus not the reality.

I believe cork will win on Sunday but I don't write off Clare. It's interesting u mention change of style. Davey is best manager there at minute in my view n he could v well work something new AGAIN on Sunday.

Best of luck cos I think Clare lk the final everyone wants.

disillusiondfan (Limerick) - Posts: 4279 - 09/06/2014 11:17:04    1600450

Link

ya agreed, a Clare Limerick final in Thurles would be a super occasion, but Cork is gonna be a major hurdle

any word of the team lads? is it just me on do Clare name their team later than anyone else?!!

Clareman (Clare) - Posts: 1009 - 09/06/2014 13:18:54    1600599

Link

Team not named until supporters club text which could be sent Friday but most likely Saturday! This carry on goes back to the Loughnane days and drives me demented!

LohansRedHelmet (Clare) - Posts: 2011 - 09/06/2014 14:17:06    1600696

Link

DISSILUSIONED FAN i LOVED YOUR STATEMENT '' FORM IS TEMPORARY BUT CLASS IS PERMANENT.'' don't you think this will be DAVY'S philosophy when he and hhis selectors sit down to pick the team.That's why i believe that Bugler and Honan will be chosen to play.

brianboru (Clare) - Posts: 561 - 09/06/2014 15:06:41    1600774

Link

Thought I said I would pick Bugler and Honan too didnt I????? Bugler is a proven big time player. Doubt he will be as good as last year but half that would nearly do.

disillusiondfan (Limerick) - Posts: 4279 - 09/06/2014 15:44:25    1600827

Link

As a limerick man I hope clare do the business this weekend. From talking to people in the county we are itching to get another crack at ye. Cork will be tough one for ye though and I cant call it.

hurlgaa (Limerick) - Posts: 136 - 09/06/2014 18:39:46    1601010

Link

i think we are more than capable of beating cork and i expect we will. coming in slightly under the radar as we were nothing special in the league and people maybe dont expect we are capable of winning again so we are well placed to produce a few massive performances. also we undoubtedly has the talent to do it.

hurlingexpert (Clare) - Posts: 1855 - 10/06/2014 21:45:45    1601854

Link

Well beaten yesterday -can't really have too many complaints in fairness. Cork much the better team overall.
Gave away far too many frees, and while I thought the ref was poor enough, majority of the frees were correct.
Very few of our players won their individual battle, with the possible exceptions of McInerney & Dillon, which is somewhat surprising considering we conceeded 2-23.

Touhy -had a terrible game. Gave 1 puckout straight to Lehane who scored, another puckout was hit too short and ended up with a free to Cork. He gave away a soft free himself for charging after doing great work.
It's keepers responsibility to organise defence for close in frees and for 1st goal Clare just weren't ready for it. (Not entirely his fault as other players should have been more alert). Should have stopped the penalty -it was hit straight at him and he is inter-county keeper for all-Ireland champions.

Browne -baptism of fire and struggled badly against Cadogen.
Dillon -had an excellent game. Did give away a bad free for a pickup off the ground though.
McInerney -had a solid game.

O'Connor -played well enough I thought
Conor Ryan -won his battle with Cooper, but as a centre-back he didn't really dominate the centre position in the way Ellis did at other end.
Buglar -made a couple of good plays but overall was poor. He had a poor enough league, and I was surprised that he wasn;t replaced yesterday. Got cleaned out late on when Cork moved Pat Cronin on him

Donnellan -just didn't really get into the game and Cork completely on top in midfield.
Galvin -one of our better players and was very surprised he was moved away from midfield and then substituted

Conlon -scored 1-02 but overall didn't really get on the ball. He has a tendency to go missing in games.
Colin Ryan -no score from play. Moved to midfield where he clearly doesn't have the pace for Aidan Walsh or Kearney
Duggan -won some great balls over Cahalane, but his distribution & decision making is poor.

Collins -didn't get on the ball enough
McGrath -didn't see enough ball either, and didn't look that sharp
Kelly -no idea why he started in the corner and stayed there far too long. Time to move him permanently to midfield which is clearly his best position, and with the way we got cleaned out there yesterday he is badly needed.

Cathal McInerney looked dangerous when he came on, and Nicky O'Connell also did well.

On to the qualifiers now. We probably need at least another game to get back up to championship pace so hopefully get a nice draw -preferably home game in Ennis.

Roashter (Clare) - Posts: 238 - 16/06/2014 09:34:50    1604225

Link

kelly is being messsed around, hes a number 9, its his best postion, leave him there!

also think nicky o connell deserves a start, either at half back or midfield

i was critical of dillon pre match but he delivered a great performance

lots of work to be done but our season aint over, backdoor may suit us again

Clareman (Clare) - Posts: 1009 - 16/06/2014 09:51:02    1604240

Link