Clare Forum

Clare Minors 2014

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Reading report of game it does seem as if Clare were v unlucky. I think it is unfair to have home and away fixtures at any level but particularly in minor. It v hard to ask minors to play in another teams backyard. Particularly unfair since most players only get 1 year at minor. Would like to see all minor games played in neutral venues.

disillusiondfan (Limerick) - Posts: 4279 - 26/06/2014 14:24:49    1609380

Link

There should be some minimum standards required before a pitch is designated for a game.It was so unfair to require teams to play on a field so unbelievable as that designated for the Waterford-Clare minor game.To require a young team to make a long journey and then expect them to perform at their best is unbelievable.We should apologize to the fine young men on both teams.Again another example of the G.A.A. NOT GETTING THEIR PRIORITIES RIGHT.Just never give priority consideration tp those who are the main reason the game exists!!!!!

brianboru (Clare) - Posts: 561 - 26/06/2014 17:22:30    1609488

Link

I agree with Brian Boru that the Waterfo rd authorities showed very little class in demanding that the minor match be played at a second rate venue. What troubles me more was the fact that our centre field player, Michael O Malley was red carded for an off the ball incident.Apparently the referee consulted the linesman before making his decision. Such incidents come as a result of serious provocation. Was this taken into account? Was it a case of a Waterford angel versus a Clare devil. Yes according to the linesman , whoever he was. Fair dues to the remaining 14 they played like heroes and we are justly proud of them. They were unfortunate not to snatch victory at the end . One final question, when will we ever get a break ?

abu.clare (Clare) - Posts: 43 - 26/06/2014 19:47:47    1609563

Link

The good thing is; that this is a very young Clare team, Shanagher is still U16, David fitz is minor in 2015 again, excellent young players coming through, Michael o Loughlin and Galvin also. Need these guys feeding into U21 panels and eventually senior. SHANAGHER is the most exciting prospect since Bobby duggan or Shane o Donnell

locks (Clare) - Posts: 239 - 26/06/2014 21:53:29    1609652

Link

Excellent contributions from LOCKE and CLARE ABU!!!!!! It is good to read that with the talent that exists from the young minors that the stream of excellence will continue for the future.I found it interesting to read about the dismissal of the talented mid fielder from Kilmaley,MARTIN O MALLEY.The decision had to have a huge influence on the final result.It reminded me of an incident in the drawn game in the 2013 ALL IRELAND FINAL.A CORK back pulled on the head of DARACH HONAN.The referee stopped play,and after consultatio with the linesman issued yellow cards to both players,much to the relief of the CORK supporters.In the O MALLEY incident the referee saw nothing and again consulted the linesman.In an off the ball incident provocation usually causes the action of the offending player.Obviouly he lineman claimed he saw only one offence and only O MALLEY was dismissed.Indeed one would have to feel sorry for the unfortunate young CLARE lads.In addition to that they had to make that long trip to play a mid wweek evening game on a second rate pitch.

brianboru (Clare) - Posts: 561 - 27/06/2014 13:53:11    1609923

Link

Does anybody know the real circumstances behind the dismissal of O MALLEY in the minor game. It would be interesting to have his version of the circumstances.I'm anxious to know!!!!!

brianboru (Clare) - Posts: 561 - 28/06/2014 13:34:58    1610299

Link

I am surprised that people are complaining about the venue and travelling on a Wednesday evening in June when these players are off school and college.
1.Did these posters have any problem when Waterford, Kerry and Tipp all travelled to Ennis in April in mid week during the school term?
2. I have not been in Fraher Field for a good few years but there are a lot of senior intercounty and club matches played there including National League games.

The player sent off may or may not have been provoked but the same is probably true in most red card incidents including the Tipp players sent off in the play off round of the minor.

Westfester (Limerick) - Posts: 892 - 01/07/2014 12:39:34    1612086

Link

WESTFESTER,Youe should know if you are GAA man. there is one hell of a difference. between CURACK PARK, ennis, and GRAHER FIELD,dungarvan. THAT WAS THE WHOLE POINT.EVEN THE waterfOrd supporters recognize that . FRAHAR is a lousy pitch.I can vouch for it personally ,becuase I had the misfortuNE TO play there twice!!!!

brianboru (Clare) - Posts: 561 - 01/07/2014 16:05:32    1612184

Link

Last year, officaials in walsh park intentionally didn't water the field for 2 weeks before Clare u21 game.....didn't work but it worked last week. Its getting the edge, Clare cant complain, we had chances to win it.

locks (Clare) - Posts: 239 - 01/07/2014 17:41:13    1612234

Link

Any idea how many of this years teM is underage next year?

locks (Clare) - Posts: 239 - 01/07/2014 17:42:00    1612235

Link