Clare Forum

Senior club championship

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To hurlingexpert:  "To be honest kid you are making less sense every day, its not written down in any regulations that the all stars are picked entirely based on championship. (Which is not percisely what i said anyway) But its generally understood by everyone with a bit of common sense. You'll learn one day kid im sure!!
Brennan was nominated predominatley based on his championship performances, of course this was reinforced by his league showing but its obvious to everyone that if he didnt perform in championship he wouldnt have been nominated. His only below par game was against kerry in the quarter final. A stronger showing there and he would definitely have gotten an all star."
BRENNAN nominated. hurling expert have you coompletly lost it??

brianboru (Clare) - Posts: 561 - 14/11/2016 17:21:48    1934205

Link

Haha im trying to reason with you here, but i dont know what to say to you anymore!! Gary brennan was nominated for an all star. I presume you meant it was he that was in the running for an all star so i dont know what your missing to be honest!!

hurlingexpert (Clare) - Posts: 1854 - 14/11/2016 19:02:03    1934223

Link

HEX, Im just using your own words '' OF COURSETHE TEAMWILL BE ALMOST ENTIRELY BASED ON THE CHAMPIONSHIP.when you argue against yourself then surely you are a lost cause!!!!!

brianboru (Clare) - Posts: 561 - 14/11/2016 22:56:27    1934267

Link

Ok lets take this slowly, i said "almost entirely" you then miss quoted me - saying "entirely". I hope you can understand the difference between the 2. Everyone gaa fan with common sense knows the all star team is picked ALMOST entirely based on the championship. Ask your school friends im sure they can fill you in!

Have you now realized that you were wrong to question the notion that brennan was nominated for an all star? Hahaha

hurlingexpert (Clare) - Posts: 1854 - 15/11/2016 10:29:24    1934310

Link

Replying To hurlingexpert:  "Ok lets take this slowly, i said "almost entirely" you then miss quoted me - saying "entirely". I hope you can understand the difference between the 2. Everyone gaa fan with common sense knows the all star team is picked ALMOST entirely based on the championship. Ask your school friends im sure they can fill you in!

Have you now realized that you were wrong to question the notion that brennan was nominated for an all star? Hahaha"
HEX,iJUST REFUSE TO waste any more time on you.And the readership must b e bored .All I will finally say is that I did quote your words accurately,and does not the fact Brennan was chosen to be considered for an ALL-STAR prove my original point that the league should also be considered as a place from which all stars sho uld be chosen.

brianboru (Clare) - Posts: 561 - 15/11/2016 17:33:39    1934442

Link

None of that makes any sense.

Stay in school kid

hurlingexpert (Clare) - Posts: 1854 - 15/11/2016 21:15:22    1934523

Link

Replying To hurlingexpert:  "None of that makes any sense.

Stay in school kid"
No way HEX.As a teacher,I might have the great misfortune of inheiriting you as one of my students!!!!!

brianboru (Clare) - Posts: 561 - 16/11/2016 22:29:27    1934906

Link

A teacher?! With that kind of knowledge and grammer??! Hahahahahaha

hurlingexpert (Clare) - Posts: 1854 - 17/11/2016 08:46:22    1934962

Link

best of luck to ballyea on sunday,i really hope they can pull it off.it would be a huge boost for all the smaller clubs.

CTGAA10 (Limerick) - Posts: 966 - 18/11/2016 16:56:38    1935390

Link

Replying To hurlingexpert:  "Ballyea certainly are no world beaters, but i think they should have too much for feakle.
A lot will depend on kelly, he has the class to win the game on his own!! I expext feakle will have eoin touhy man mark kelly. The outcome of this duel will decide the result. If he can keep kelly relatively quiet then feakle could win in a low scoring game. Id say they are praying for rain in feakle!!!"
There's a lad who calls himself an 'expert'.

MiAmigaVERONICA (Clare) - Posts: 262 - 20/11/2016 15:28:16    1935570

Link

Replying To hurlingexpert:  "A teacher?! With that kind of knowledge and grammer??! Hahahahahaha"
A self-proclaimed university degree holder no less, yet one who cannot even spell 'grammar' correctly, and yet feels him(?)self entitled to mock the orthographic errors of others instead of heeding their points of relevance to this forum.

MiAmigaVERONICA (Clare) - Posts: 262 - 20/11/2016 16:03:50    1935574

Link

huge congrats to ballyea.a superb performance again.i did say after semi final if they didn,t concede frees they would win.they have by far the best hurler in the country in kelly.je is a leader in everything he does,no comparison between him and horgan.backs were excellent again today.goalkeeper slightly lucky with a couple in 2nd half but teams need that.deasy put in another great performace.i don,t think they will fear thomas,s either,pity is it won,t be plyed til febuary.

CTGAA10 (Limerick) - Posts: 966 - 20/11/2016 17:08:54    1935586

Link

A fantastic achievement for ballyea and a great result for clare hurling. Tremendous performance, but glen rovers are a very poor team. Kellys skill and point taking was a joy to behold. Niall deasy again with a big performance and surely has earned himself a call up to the clare panel. He was under 21 last year and only got a couple of minutes off the bench for against waterford, hopefully he can continue to perform as he could be a really good option with his strength in the air and scoring ability. The real star of the show today i thought though was gudgie o'connell, he was simply outstanding and should have been given man of the match. He has been moved around in different teams for corner back to midfield but it is at wing back that he is at home. He is a very aggressive type of player, well able to score and uses the ball very well. He could be a serious option for clare at wing back as it is an area where we need to improve.

Lastly it is a huge achievement for fergal hegarty from kilnamona who is an all ireland winner himself in the 90s, he has brilliantly coached this team to success. He also coached his home club inagh/kilnamona to victory earlier this year in the under 21 A championship so he clearly has great pedigree as a coach. Wouldnt be surprised to see him involved at intercounty level in the near future.
Well done to ballyea anyway thoroughly deserved, really hope they can go on now and win the all ireland. Thomas' will be tough but ballyea have came in as underdogs in there last 3 games so they have shown they can put it up to anyone..

hurlingexpert (Clare) - Posts: 1854 - 20/11/2016 23:49:31    1935656

Link

Many congrats to Ballyea great to see a small rural Club beat the best of Cork/Tipperary they play a simple game the have Men to catch high ball all of them can do it and they make great use of it looking for the winds & corners and in Tony K a wizard of the ash. All the backs are tigerish and don't give any foolish frees away but next time goalkeeper bat it out to the side.

I would think that County panel will have to look at Paul Flanagan & Gearoid O Connell & Niall Deasy as well of course Tony Kelly/Jack Browne of course.

When you look at these players you can see why the have won

clooney (Clare) - Posts: 525 - 21/11/2016 15:25:00    1935775

Link

Replying To clooney:  "Many congrats to Ballyea great to see a small rural Club beat the best of Cork/Tipperary they play a simple game the have Men to catch high ball all of them can do it and they make great use of it looking for the winds & corners and in Tony K a wizard of the ash. All the backs are tigerish and don't give any foolish frees away but next time goalkeeper bat it out to the side.

I would think that County panel will have to look at Paul Flanagan & Gearoid O Connell & Niall Deasy as well of course Tony Kelly/Jack Browne of course.

When you look at these players you can see why the have won"
Thank you,MIAMIGO VERONICA, for pointing out that ' '', expert'' in trying to make a point actually mis spelled grammar. But knowing him,Ifeel certain he looked it up in his dictionary and concluded he was right, and the dictionary was wrong.,and the correct spelling should be grammer!!!!!!!I I have had too many years of dealing with his/her foibles. But thank you for an excellent letter.IT did endorse a point I have been trying tp make for years

brianboru (Clare) - Posts: 561 - 21/11/2016 23:40:15    1935872

Link

Hahaha keep up the good work boru, we're all really proud of you

hurlingexpert (Clare) - Posts: 1854 - 22/11/2016 12:33:36    1935955

Link

serious performance from Ballyea sunday. One of the best by a clare side in munster in a long long time and an overdue win in this competition.

People were saying that standard in clare championship last few years was not great, i disagree. Last 4/5 years i think clare champs have either got ot final or where beaten by eventual winners. They were not far off.

What i like about ballyea is that they are a real team, good tough defence, kelly in midfield with honest help from lineen, and then 2 big ball winning forwards and gone fast direct runners. Nothing fancy and no sweeper bs on 1 man ff line. Great see.

A credit to the county.

Clareman (Clare) - Posts: 1009 - 22/11/2016 14:30:30    1935975

Link

I'll say this for Kelly. If there is a better hurler in Ireland I,d like to know who it is.He has it all speed, ability the great shots and an uncanny ability to easily dispossess the opposing player. iF there is any fault it is his unwillingness to play at full speed for the entire game.He goes full blast and suddenly he seems to disappear

brianboru (Clare) - Posts: 561 - 26/11/2016 22:57:28    1936888

Link

Replying To brianboru:  "I'll say this for Kelly. If there is a better hurler in Ireland I,d like to know who it is.He has it all speed, ability the great shots and an uncanny ability to easily dispossess the opposing player. iF there is any fault it is his unwillingness to play at full speed for the entire game.He goes full blast and suddenly he seems to disappear"
I do want to wish A HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR to every participant of the forum. Ijust hope we have succesful and accident free year,ans that the new management team does well.

brianboru (Clare) - Posts: 561 - 06/01/2017 23:45:32    1943650

Link