Clare Forum

Championship 2013

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Does anyone know where the Cork game will be played?

Have heard Limerick a few times but haven't seen anything official.

Roashter (Clare) - Posts: 238 - 04/06/2013 16:43:49    1398613

Link

New kid on the block! Thought I'd join in on the discussions and add my pennies worth!! Have enjoyed reading the views and contradictions of most of the posters on the Hogan Stand over the years ..... found some of the debating wide, varied and curious to say the least. I was a face in the crowd on Sunday as usual and came away from this game a lot happier than I have been for quiet a while. Regarding the discussion on young Peter Duggan I agree with Lohansredhelmet on Duggan's contribution to the two goals, the block down was fantastic which lead directly to Shane O'Donnell's goal he has a very good attitude of chasing down everything and working very hard and I felt it was a bit unfair taking him off five minutes from the end, this is the second time Davy has taken him off in this fashion and I do believe this young lad is one for the future. I hope this won't effect his confidence. With regard to the second goal his jump stopped the Waterford defenders getting clean possession of the sliothar which then bounced beyond Conlon and the Waterford lad and Conor McGrath did the rest. Two other scores I can attribute to him Tony Kellys second point was initially won by Duggan in the air who passed it onto Shane O'Donnell and then onto Kelly, he also won a free on the edge of the square which Colin Ryan converted. Yes, he did make a few poor decisions caught in possession a couple of times but it is his first Championship game at senior level for Clare and I remember a lot of debutants making elementary mistakes down through the years as well as seasoned players - it happens under pressure! With experience it won't happen as often. UP THE BANNER!!!

potkettleblack (Clare) - Posts: 3 - 04/06/2013 18:49:04    1398738

Link

the sbove post is very true.. duggan was directly resposible for 1-2 after his introduction.. i would also say that in his last two apperances for clare (sundays match and the relegation playoff) he caught more ball than the rest of the team combined.. sure he lost it a few times but his use of the ball (once caught) will improve dramatically with more playing time. he has loads of hurling but he just has to get used to the speed of senior intercounty hurling..

firepower (Galway) - Posts: 45 - 04/06/2013 19:05:46    1398752

Link

Clare did not play well on Sunday but still managed to win by 8 points Clare fans are hard to satisfy what more can we ask for from a very young team like this
Yes we lack a bit of balance old timers like big strapping lads at midfield & the brow of the square but thats not Clare's game.

We have some of the finest long distance strikers in the game Galvin Kelly Colin Ryan and sometimes Conlon as well never had better really

If we can manage the short & intergrate the long when needed we will be very hard to beat these lads have great confidence and skill.

We have some real options on the bench as well and if Peter Duggan was over anzious on Sunday at times he is still a massive presence.

I need not remind anyone of the legend Brian Lohan only came good at around 22 and when Kilkenny first introduced King Henry he was fair raw & awkard

I see great things for this team if only their managemnt let them hurl with freedom

Heres hoping for a Munster Final at least

clooney (Clare) - Posts: 452 - 05/06/2013 12:28:57    1399138

Link

clooney define what you mean by "hurl with freedom" please. Hopefully the like of sean collins and nicky o'connell regain some form in the coming weeks they are 2 talented players who were starters last year but both have been performing very poorly well below what is expected this year. Also just wondering where eamonn glynn is this year? he was on the fringes of the starting team last year but doesn't seem to be involved this year and wasn't with the intermediates either. anyone know? Also would like to see daire keane get back to his best again after his injuries because he could be a good option in the half forward line as he is excellent in the air and is a quality player when fit and focused on his hurling

hurlingexpert (Clare) - Posts: 1810 - 05/06/2013 17:46:01    1399646

Link

hurlingexpert
County: Clare

1399646 clooney define what you mean by "hurl with freedom" please. Hopefully the like of sean collins and nicky o'connell regain some form in the coming weeks they are 2 talented players who were starters last year but both have been performing very poorly well below what is expected this year. Also just wondering where eamonn glynn is this year? he was on the fringes of the starting team last year but doesn't seem to be involved this year and wasn't with the intermediates either. anyone know? Also would like to see daire keane get back to his best again after his injuries because he could be a good option in the half forward line as he is excellent in the air and is a quality player when fit and focused on his hurling

I have more of the under 21 Final against Kilkenny in mind last year the players appear to be sometimes playing to a very restricted pattern short 2 or 3 passed inside their own half forwards like quick ball all these short sidelines the opposition know what you are always trying to do

clooney (Clare) - Posts: 452 - 06/06/2013 08:51:58    1399919

Link

The game is on in the Gaelic crowds which hopefully should encourage a far bigger attendance from Clare. If we get to a Munster final fans will be appearing out of the shadows.

LohansRedHelmet (Clare) - Posts: 1980 - 08/06/2013 11:49:16    1401699

Link

haha lohan its called the gaelic grounds not the gaelic crowds dont know where you got that from, good point anyway.

hurlingexpert (Clare) - Posts: 1810 - 10/06/2013 11:10:47    1402808

Link

Auto correct

LohansRedHelmet (Clare) - Posts: 1980 - 07/07/2013 10:03:20    1425450

Link