Clare Forum

Football Qualifier Round 1 - Clare vs Down

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

to all going to clare safe journey and look foward to the craic an dun abu

redonion (Down) - Posts: 180 - 24/06/2011 18:50:20    965228

Link

Clare manager Micheal McDermott has shaken things up for tomorrow's All-Ireland SFC qualifier against Down at Cusack Park.

Cooraclare's Mark Tubridy replaces Graham Kelly in the half back line while Ger Quinlan is introduced to midfield with Kildare native Niall Browne moving to an attack which now features Kilmihil's Timmy Ryan at full forward.

The Banner were hammered by Cork in the Munster SFC and will be hoping to give a much better account of themselves against last year's All-Ireland runners-up.

Clare (SF v Down): J Hayes; K Hartnett, B Duggan, L Healy; M McMahon, J Hayes, M Tubridy; G Brennan (captain), G Quinlan; A Clohessy, D Tubridy, C O'Connor; R Donnelly, T Ryan, N Browne.

Gael85 (Dublin) - Posts: 1433 - 24/06/2011 21:57:02    965447

Link

Dalcassian2
County: Clare

961069 If Down play average or poor after their long trip down they will still beat Clare comfortably. If Down play as all ireland finalists they will hammer Clare and by more than what Cork did. In fairness to Cork they pulled up playing Clare and went easy on them unlike Corks Hurlers against Laois!
However what the Clare football team was an unmerciful hammering after the dirt that a certain player committed after Clare being beaten well.
In summary Clare are poor, dirty, cocky from what I dont know (because its not that they are good footballers) and have no respect for the banner colours.
Compare them to the hurlers who played their hearts out yesterday against Tipperary and have potential to be back in the big times within the next few years
if the backlines and goalie positions are sorted out, thats whats holding back the hurling team!
I hope Down hammer Clare next Saturday because unless Clare keepgetting hammered they wont realise in their own world how poor and full of themselves they are despit e the fact that the dogs in the clare streets know they are a disgrace and havent got it!
COME ON DOWN! UP DOWN! I hope ye beat Clare from the bottom of my heart. Lets hope Clare Hurlers do the business against Galway! At least there is hope for the future with the hurlers! They do most of their action on the field not off the field talking crap unlike the so called county footballers, more like u14s hehehehe!

Well done with the clever reverse psychology - it very nearly worked.

Just wanted to say that I think your footballers showed a lot of pride and played well. Really enjoyed the night in Ennis - great town.

kickpass (Down) - Posts: 208 - 28/06/2011 18:59:14    969755

Link

had a great weekend made it home mon thanks to you all very friendly lot an dun abu

redonion (Down) - Posts: 180 - 28/06/2011 21:12:36    969922

Link