Clare Forum

Clare v Cork 2011

(Oldest Posts First)

Browne makes Banner debut

Clare's David Turbidy
20 May 2011

Former Kildare player Niall Browne will make his Munster SFC debut for Clare against Cork on Sunday.

Browne, who qualifies to play for the Banner under the parentage rule, is named at midfield. Top scorer David Tubridy will lead the attack against the All-Ireland champions, who are 1/10 to progress to a semi-final meeting with Waterford.

Clare (SF v Cork): Joe Hayes; K Hartnett, B Duggan, L Healy; John Hayes, G Kelly, M McMahon; N Browne, G Brennan; G Kelly, D Tubridy, C O'Connor; R Donnelly, D O'Neill, A Clohessy.

Subs: K Ryan, M Tubridy, G Quinlan, S Brennan, J Dowling, S McNeiles, B Hartnett, M Foran, D O'Connor, D Blake, C Ryan.

Gael85 (Dublin) - Posts: 1433 - 20/05/2011 15:19:14    935624

Link

As Clare supporter it with regret that we dont have a hope sunday.Our league form has shown it and results dont lie!We never in contention for promotion and Clare in a Div 4 team but lucky and honestly the lowest rank Munster team(we lucky to beat Waterford).We get as many "parentage rule" and bring Jack O'Connor in but no good we lower rank(despite some bleating from management Clare too good for Div 4! well go up like Tipp Waterford etc first)and we must have one worst discipplined teams in country!Look league hardly game went by without a Clare player or two get the line.So things hard against Cork without lose men !It not local derby you play in now say like Miltown/Kilmurry Ib. Donbeg/Kilmurry.Best of luck them but if gambler I wager on Clare lose by 20 points

claremaninkerry (Clare) - Posts: 92 - 20/05/2011 22:03:09    936060

Link

Well they didnt lose by 20 points and very competive for 20 mins or so so scoreline okish but yet again more indicipline and another Clare player send off and surprise surprise Graham Kelly gets send off yet again!Team not good enough and neither is management, some players from 1992 team who were should try do something from bottom up with Clare football current set up not good enough and we regressed under this management,only teams we capable beat now are New York London.It be short summer

claremaninkerry (Clare) - Posts: 92 - 22/05/2011 18:14:26    937005

Link

Claremaninkerry how many Clare games were you at this year?

Banner.Abu (Clare) - Posts: 92 - 23/05/2011 12:04:48    937556

Link

Banner.AbuT

When you ask how many Clare games I was at I presum you mean football?
To answer no football but a few hurling.If you question my knowledge of Clare football well Iisten them on Clare FM and reports and stats dont lie last few years
we bottom half of Div 4 for a reason e.g. this year lose Carlow and Leitrim and been beaten by Waterford last few years while and this year only Munster team in Div 4.Their discipline is shocking hardly a game went by without a player or two be send off that responsibility of management as well and we players(and if so knowlegable about clare football you know who I talk about)refuse play for Clare.It was a disgrace what Graham Kelly did and management claim didnt see it.That carry no place anywhere in sport,he give clare football a bad name and with his previous indiscretions he likely get lengthy ban.

I no axe to grind with you just give my opinion and in nutshell from underage up senior need a major overhaul and get back to where we were 1990s untill then we still be Div 4 team.

claremaninkerry (Clare) - Posts: 92 - 23/05/2011 14:25:24    937784

Link

claremaninkerry .Their discipline is shocking hardly a game went by without a player or two be send off that responsibility of management as well and we players(and if so knowlegable about clare football you know who I talk about)refuse play for Clare.It was a disgrace what Graham Kelly did and management claim didnt see it.That carry no place anywhere in sport,he give clare football a bad name and with his previous indiscretions he likely get lengthy ban.

i could,nt have put it any better , its just wrong and sickening to see this type of behaviour going on in a football match . had it happened on the street the player in question would be looking at an assualt charge not a ban . how long are the gaa going to put up with this type indiscipline before they act not just at county level but club level , i know its not what i watch gaa to see and hope to they try and clean up its tarnished reputation in not doing anything about these incidents , it bis after all a game we should be enjoying for all the right reasons .

appleboy (Armagh) - Posts: 479 - 24/05/2011 12:54:31    938813

Link