Clare Forum

Minor Champions

(Oldest Posts First)

Congrats to the Clare minors. Great performance. At least we have something to shout about this weekend. Well done again.

LohansRedHelmet (Clare) - Posts: 2011 - 11/07/2010 16:38:45    703532

Link

I was delighted with the win and hopefully the 21s will do the business too again, though I fear they wont
after theier attitude on last Saturday for the Seniors! Why is Brian O'Connell still playing the dogs in the street
know he is no longer up to it. Why is he still Captain is even more mysterious? Why are they still persisting with
Alan Markham? Was it not an awful way to treat young Sean Collins to take him off after 15 mins? If I was him
I wouldnt play under the Sparrow again! I am afraid they cant manage the underage success coming through at Senior Level
and are not learning fast! Failed to gain promotion, bad attitude, once off game against Waterford, and collapsed against
Dublin! Now Mike Mac Namara must be laughing away secretly and feel that he did a better job with the seniors
in 2008 getting them to Munster Final but the players didnt want him! I wonder why so they could have an easy ride
under Sparrow and produce results like this!

steel (Clare) - Posts: 694 - 12/07/2010 11:16:50    704719

Link

steel, you're losing the run of yourself in a big way here...

Only a fool would have expected Clare to do any better this year than they did, they lost a lot of experienced players from last year, particularly in the forwards and in the league final, and both championship matches this year they were beaten by more experienced and battle hardened teams.

Clare had a very young and inexperienced team this year, it was only ever going to be about introducing new players this year.

antisteel (Limerick) - Posts: 14 - 12/07/2010 12:02:18    704826

Link

Steel this is a thread about the minors and the victory they had if you want to start a thread about the seniors do so
Congrats on a great victory especially Davy O'Halloran and Niall Arthur two great hurlers known both these lads since u12 and have been a credit to there clubs and county. And well done to the rest of the team aswel

dubshurling7 (Dublin) - Posts: 1004 - 12/07/2010 13:50:20    705129

Link

To be fair antisteel i agree with what you said......i think we have a good future to wait for just have to be patient.

IrishRover (Fermanagh) - Posts: 488 - 12/07/2010 15:14:02    705397

Link