Clare Forum

Dublin v Clare, All Ireland Hurling Qualifier

(Oldest Posts First)

I feel Clare could freeze in the Dub's back yard, Waterford were fairly comfortable once they decided to turn it on and Dublin will be looking to make up for the heavy defeat to Clare. Maybe Anthony Daly will do you a few favours but other than that I find it hard to see past an ever improving Dublin side.

antisteel (Limerick) - Posts: 14 - 06/07/2010 10:03:47    697661

Link

Whoops, meant to say heavy defeat to Kilkenny!

antisteel (Limerick) - Posts: 14 - 06/07/2010 10:08:00    697673

Link

Who places any importance of what you have to say anitsteel...a man who sets up an account directly in realtion to a man who has wound him up like a school boy.....we will see the outcome after that match thats all i am saying on the matter........and you should concentrate on Hurling matter more close to home....like the current sham and state that is Limerick Hurling.

IrishRover (Fermanagh) - Posts: 488 - 06/07/2010 14:40:42    698170

Link

IrishRover, I find it unfortunate that you have been wound up by my slightly controversial but nonetheless perfectly legitimate question. We both know you place importance on what I say however as you have replied to both my threads here thus far. As for your other advice, I will ignore it as I am very well able to make my own decisions.

antisteel (Limerick) - Posts: 14 - 06/07/2010 15:05:14    698239

Link

This is a very difficult game to call, will Clare play like they did the last day against Waterford, or will they play like they did in league final against Wexford.

And what of Dublin, hammered by a kilkenny team who never got out of 2nd gear, and apart from the Tipp game, had a very poor league.
This is a must win game for both teams. Antisteel, although it may happen but I would be surprised if Clare were to freeze against Dublin.
I expect this game to be very close. Dublin have a big problem in that they don't score too many goals, and in Darach Honan Clare pocess a real goal scoring threat.

Dublin have more at stake than Clare, and should they lose to Clare then I think Daly will have taken the team as far as he could. On the plus side they can harldy play as bad as they did against Kilkenny. They also beat a really fancied Kilkenny side in U-21 a few weeks back so their confidence should be much improved.
Should be a very interesting game.

Roashter (Clare) - Posts: 238 - 07/07/2010 10:11:58    699005

Link

No one could call the result on this game. It will be very tight. I think Clare have better individuals but they lack the experience of the Dublin team and this could cause them trouble. I expect the Dublin centre back line will target Conlon especially under the high ball. Waterford did this and it proved successful for them given that conlon only got one point from play. If Honan is on form he could tear apart the Dublin full back line. McCrabbe is a danger man for Dublin but he can be silenced. The Clare backs did very well against Waterford, it seemed like in the end it was non-defending from our center forward line that killed us.

I hear Nicky O Connell is struggling for fitness which is a major issue as he was one of our best players the last day with 3 points from Midfield. He is a good free/65 taker too. I hope to god he is fit as we would struggle to find another centre midfielder!

I am very excited about this game however. I will be one of the few Clare fans at the game, which is no big deal for me given I live in Dublin. UP the Banner!

LohansRedHelmet (Clare) - Posts: 2011 - 07/07/2010 11:18:44    699079

Link

Looking forward to this game and it could well be a cracker. I don't think that there is much between the two teams. Was very disappointed with Clare for not getting promoted from Div 2 this year but they have a good young team and manager.

As for the Dubs. Poor enough league, with the exception of the Tipperary game, and two poor performances thus far in the champo. We lack a bit of intelliegence in our hurling and thats holding us back. Too many aimless long balls that drop wide or to the opposition. As well as that we're not ruthless enough and seem to have an aversion to scoring goals. Serious improvement needed if we're to beat Clare.

In anyways big game for both counties and here's hoping for a cracker.

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 13016 - 08/07/2010 17:24:42    700682

Link

Clare to scrape home.

Leviathan (Louth) - Posts: 257 - 08/07/2010 19:04:28    700831

Link

...or not.

Leviathan (Louth) - Posts: 257 - 11/07/2010 17:51:35    703713

Link

Antisteel we have won the minor and u21 last year! What have Limerick won nothing but hype and LOST!

steel (Clare) - Posts: 694 - 12/07/2010 11:18:39    704722

Link

steel, I know Saturday was an upsetting day for you and it's funny that you have to look to past achievements to console yourself!

Fact of the matter is that our third string performed better this year than Clare's first string! Our first team beat Dublin last year and Clare's first team didn't even come close!!!

Oh, and while we're on the subject of past glories;

All Ireland senior titles; Limerick 7-3 Clare
All Ireland under21 titles; Limerick 4-1 Clare
All Ireland minor titles; Limerick 3-1 Clare
Munster Senior; Limerick 18-6 Clare
Munster under21; Limerick 5-1 Clare
Munster minor; Limerick 5-3 Clare
National Hurling League; Limerick 11-3 Clare

Maybe in future you should check out your facts before trying to use past glories to belittle Limerick!!!

antisteel (Limerick) - Posts: 14 - 12/07/2010 11:56:44    704815

Link

Ok we were poor and we lost to Dublin....we were also very poor and lost to Wexford in the League Final which would have seen us promted!!!!!!! Ok so thats done....now look at the success.....the Munster Minor Champions with some very good players......lost only one League game this year and that was the Final against Wexford...where we just didnt play......we played superb agaisnt Waterford and although we lost the signs are there.....poor against Dublin yes and beat handy in the end......but thats what happens when you have a young team......Inconsistancy!!!!!!! The Under 21's good we have winners coming through.....the future is where we need to look......the National League Division Two next year improving and going one better and then the Munster Championship.....more new exciting young lads and giving it ago...get knocked down.....learn from it and get back up......id much rather be us than several other counties.

IrishRover (Fermanagh) - Posts: 488 - 12/07/2010 15:22:41    705415

Link